Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hart had like one good season once and that was enough to get him a reputation as "England's best goalkeeper" (to be fair it was probably true at the time) and he's been living off that reputation ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

vyelkin posted:

Hart had like one good season once and that was enough to get him a reputation as "England's best goalkeeper" (to be fair it was probably true at the time) and he's been living off that reputation ever since.

He was never good at all but he was shouty and thats what England fans like because they have stockholm syndrome

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

I was unable to watch the midweek games but I would like to point out that Joe Hart is bad.

I was reading that 20 PL keepers have 5+ Prem starts this season. Save percentage ranks: Ben Foster 15th, Pickford 16, Hart 19, Butland 20.

Pope is #1, though so it's just a question of which garbagemen go with him to Russia I guess

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I was reading that 20 PL keepers have 5+ Prem starts this season. Save percentage ranks: Ben Foster 15th, Pickford 16, Hart 19, Butland 20.

Pope is #1, though so it's just a question of which garbagemen go with him to Russia I guess

Where's Forster?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sebzilla posted:

Where's Forster?

i saw the same stat and he meant forster not foster

edit:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/936537219271098370

Jose fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 1, 2017

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
To the surprise of no one at all.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ninpo posted:

To the surprise of no one at all.

well im surprised the city can take back the deal.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jose posted:

i saw the same stat and he meant forster not foster

In that case, where's Foster?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

In that case, where's Foster?

14th.

Forster is 7th.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

well im surprised the city can take back the deal.
Thats what surprises me. It was a deal so terrible that it was obvious that there was a lot of corruption involved, but I thought that any chance of actually going back and renegotiating it would be aggressively resisted by just about everyone involved.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I don't think these advanced keeper stats are very useful tbh

and I don't need them to know that Joe Hart is bad

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
behold Renato Sanches's anti-highlight reel

https://streamable.com/s/y88j6/pyzqoq

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

I don't think these advanced keeper stats are very useful tbh

and I don't need them to know that Joe Hart is bad

I mean there's nothing there about the quality of the chance the made the save from. What's the goalkeeping equivalent of xG?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
xGK

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope the London Gunners best the Manchester Red Devils tomorrow.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I hope the London Gunners best the Manchester Red Devils tomorrow.

drat it. I don't know how to feel.

Actually, I do. Team Wenger. All the time.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Monday Bandele posted:

behold Renato Sanches's anti-highlight reel

https://streamable.com/s/y88j6/pyzqoq

He looks lost out there. Stiff, obvious, when he doesn't give it away, he's just backpassing, and even those are poor or poorly timed.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Gorn Myson posted:

Thats what surprises me. It was a deal so terrible that it was obvious that there was a lot of corruption involved, but I thought that any chance of actually going back and renegotiating it would be aggressively resisted by just about everyone involved.

It is a staggeringly bad deal for london, not least because it should have absolutely been kept as an athletics stadium as planned.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Its also really weird in a time frame where both Chelsea and Spurs were clearly going to spend a ton of money on stadiums, that West Ham got the deal they got.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
afaik the original deal that Spurs completely pointlessly got struck down in court involved West Ham paying quite a bit more of the costs. The result of that case was West Ham ended up getting a much better deal.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It is a staggeringly bad deal for london, not least because it should have absolutely been kept as an athletics stadium as planned.

I'm not convinced that was ever the actual plan, more that it just sounded better to present to the IOC than pointing out that a long-term sustainable olympic bid is sort of like a long-term sustainable weekend coke binge

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

He looks lost out there. Stiff, obvious, when he doesn't give it away, he's just backpassing, and even those are poor or poorly timed.

it's not in my nature to be contrarian, but he seemed to be getting stuck in and keeping possession, and also mopping up

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im at the istanbul derby and lol gently caress the premier league this poo poo is insane

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RideTheSpiral posted:

im at the istanbul derby and lol gently caress the premier league this poo poo is insane

Have the locals shoved a flare up your arse yet?

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

how many washed up stars from the mid-00s do you recognise?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

RideTheSpiral posted:

Post pics man, that's awesome

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

Go on

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
if you want passion try the bucharest cauldron where I went last weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwRZMAKzPfA

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

'unintentional'

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weaponized Cum posted:

'unintentional'

Yeah, I watched the replay a million times. and Pogba’s foot was nowhere near where the ball actually was or where it was going to be had Bellerin not touched it. It’s not like the Eduardo tackle where you could see that the defender expected the ball to be in one place and found Eduardo’s shin there instead. It’s either intentional or totally inexplicable.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
what was bellerin doing that cricket style block for anyway

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The Adidas and Manchester United advertising fag is cheating arsehole and I hope he gets merked

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

what was bellerin doing that cricket style block for anyway

He’s not very good at defending.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

The Adidas and Manchester United advertising fag is cheating arsehole and I hope he gets merked

he just said he hopes some man city players get injured so they can catch up so this would be funny

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jose posted:

he just said he hopes some man city players get injured so they can catch up so this would be funny

Wait what?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

Wait what?

Paul Pogba posted:

I hope - and it's bad to say things like this - but I hope they will get some very important players injured like what happened with us

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
December Thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842580

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Bape Culture posted:

me too, OP, I hope he dies.

• Locked thread