Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

PirateBob posted:

gently caress yourself. Aggressively dumb things? I'm just more attuned to the truth of certain things than most of the twats in this shithole TRP forum. Such as recognizing that while Zlatan did pretty well he was also by far the most wasteful striker in the league, missing twice as many bug chances as the next one. Any good striker would get 20+ goals playing for a team creating as many chances as United did, so bringing up his stat of 28 goals in 46 matches is a bit of a moot point.

rofl you're an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
i agree with the opinion of Zlatan

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I don't even know what's real or not anymore, thanks PirateBoob

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

pik_d posted:

I don't even know what's real or not anymore, thanks PirateBoob

have you considered being more attuned to truth

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

RideTheSpiral posted:

have you considered being more attuned to truth

I hadn't considered that actually.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Let's all speculate about piratebob's bug conversion rate!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
I'm just more attuned to the truth of certain things

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

has anybody said "nice meltdown" yet?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

sebzilla posted:

has anybody said "nice meltdown" yet?

i definitely thought it, op

Shroud
May 11, 2009

PirateBob posted:

gently caress yourself. Aggressively dumb things? I'm just more attuned to the truth of certain things than most of the twats in this shithole TRP forum. Such as recognizing that while Zlatan did pretty well he was also by far the most wasteful striker in the league, missing twice as many bug chances as the next one. Any good striker would get 20+ goals playing for a team creating as many chances as United did, so bringing up his stat of 28 goals in 46 matches is a bit of a moot point.

im permabanned poster Zlatanscorer58. i first started reading TRP when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “xG” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “Dszibot” and “i love Zlatan” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of advanced statistics was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” PirateBob to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shroud posted:

im permabanned poster Zlatanscorer58. i first started reading TRP when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “xG” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “Dszibot” and “i love Zlatan” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of advanced statistics was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” PirateBob to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Definitely wrong thread.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shroud posted:

I don’t understand any of this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shroud posted:

This is an all time great TRP Post.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Shroud posted:

lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Imagine being PirateBob and getting trolled on the most troll free soccer forums on the internet.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shroud posted:

Lmao

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Shroud posted:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
zlatan is cool and good and united were lucky to have him last season and also possibly this season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

fat gay nonce posted:

Just FYI PirateBob has discovered like fellow thicko Jose that if you say aggressively dumb things people respond to you which is almost the same as having *~*Posting Friends*~* instead of just being ignored

Why do you post about me a lot

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
imagine Jermain Defoe in this United squad. he’d bang in 20-30.

point being that Zlatan is still quite good but he’s not some godsend. he’s a legendary striker who is now 36 years old and glacially slow.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
People seem to be having some really selective memories about Zlatan

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"didn't this man score goals" yes but TRP come on you fuckers

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
go on

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
ah yes, thinking about all the goals Zlatan scored against prime opposition for United, in the Premier League, in the Champions League

v.o. Borat: not

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Zlatan rules and his haters will always eat poo poo.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
players can be great, and then not as great. or even bad. shocking stuff.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Strikers scoring goals, who knew

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Shroud posted:

I’m peaking

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

zlatan was as good as should have been expected, also nice meltdowns everyone

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Jose posted:

Why do you post about me a lot

its something thats baffled scientists for years. for now the working theory is if you say aggressively dumb things people respond to you

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Zlatan's a match of the day player if you don't watch full games it seems impossible that he could ever do anything wrong.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Zlatan good and fun, haters and losers get mad

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheBigAristotle posted:

Zlatan good and fun, haters and losers get mad

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He is a complete mental and I love him. Mou should play him as a holding midfielder to account for his lack of mobility.

Zlatan and Matic judo-chopping and late tackling all the midfielders mmmmmmmmmm

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
in aggressively cool news Newcastle might be sold this week

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i's like man there's a lot of new posts in the PL thread for it being a stupid international weekend and hm

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

i's like man there's a lot of new posts in the PL thread for it being a stupid international weekend and hm

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, bewbies.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kcer posted:

in aggressively cool news Newcastle might be sold this week

seems unlikely

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/st...stions-13892777

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

PCP being involved in someone buying Newcastle does explain a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
PCP takes over Newcastle

• Locked thread