Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

When did they make you a GBS mod ffs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't think of a more nightmarish thing than being a GBS mod

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

When did they make you a GBS mod ffs?

Imagine working for free. Smh.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

turn off your monitor

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Lets all say really racist things in GBS and see if Jose has the cojones to ban us

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Lets all say really racist things in GBS and see if Jose has the cojones to ban us

He's probated fridge corn 4 times for totally innocuous poo poo so he's probably gone mad with power.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

wooger posted:

It will tend to bring up any problems when you’re pushing your cardio 100% as they do. Glad they caught it.

I'll let you in on a secret. This was a problem with cyclists 15years ago. It's not the cardio, it's the blood doping.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Someone doing an MDT?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I hope they do so we can laugh and laugh at spurs

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’ve made one

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

oliwan posted:

The best thing about being a gbs mod is that there are 30 of them

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012
Ashley needs to shift Newcastle sharpish before the investors twig exactly how pish their team is

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Probably a fair result. Hazard is real good at football as is Azpilicueta. Moreno and Salah were the best for us imo.

We really need to learn how to close off games if we want to win anything though. Currently I don't think we have the players for it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Azpilicueta seems like he gets better every year and Conte clearly loves him since he's played every minute in the Premier League since Conte took over as manager. He's up to 51 matches, 4590 minutes.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
The Chels has some v good players but settling for a draw at home will never feel good.

Keita can't come soon enough but is he the one to stop everyone else from wilting like. i don't know, a particularly panicky flower?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Keita is going to be good but also get sent off a lot and probably do some other mental stuff

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

c0burn posted:

Keita is going to be good but also get sent off a lot and probably do some other mental stuff

The next Gerrard indeed.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

tarbrush posted:

The next Gerrard indeed.

this still makes me lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh6Uy-95U0g

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Not his costliest lack of coordination.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

My proudest moment on these dead comedy forums.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

tarbrush posted:

The next Gerrard indeed.

I really hope Keita gives us something as hilarious as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWJeZaV8-E

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
that still makes me laugh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Picture the scene. 1975 and 16 year old Sid is dragged by his ear into the foreman's office. Sid was doing an apprenticeship in toolmaking and was in his first year. It was an okay job when many of his ilk were signing on or doing poo poo jobs for poo poo wages (Sid was on nearly £16 a week!)

'Look lad, this has been your third absence since you started, I know what's behind it... bloody football. Everton don't pay your wages, they won't be there for you when you have your first kid or need a house to live in... now grow up, buckle down and gently caress football or you'll be out on your arse'

Sid smiled to himself... 'he'll never understand... he's dead inside... he has no passion in his life... I have... we've QPR away on Tuesday, Latchford and Pearson are banging them in and I'm going to be there for the lads... gently caress this shite job'

These were the days when Everton meant everything to me... everything else took second place. Missing a game was quite unthinkable. In my heart, in my soul... my everything. It wasn't the first job I lost through my love for Everton...

2017... Wife. ' Do you fancy a couple of weeks away?'. I thought about this... 'When'...

'Early December' She said

'But that's the football season' I thought.

I've just had a life threatening illness... I was a couple of weeks from playing my harp in a football free zone, all white with celestial temples not even called Derek. I thought about the way we'd been playing, the lack of effort, the lack of care... the complete lack of the thought from some of the players that 'this matters'

'Yeah book it' I said

I'll miss West Ham, Huddersfield, Apollon Limmosol, Liverpool and Newcastle

This would have been unthinkable to the 16 year old Sid... but gently caress Everton, gently caress them... and gently caress young Sid...

The players don't give a shite - why should I?

See you in three weeks

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wrong thread?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
tentatively making nobby keta my new favorite player, seems a solid mix of excellent skill and excess anger

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lukaku won't face any after the fact punishments for the "Bong incident" during the Brighton game. I didn't see it but apparently he kicked out at Bong twice, and the disciplinary panel was split on whether or not to charge him, so he won't be charged.

I guess a lot of sports writers got a bunch of "Lukaku hitting the Bong" headlines out of it though so in a way we were all punished.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

RideTheSpiral posted:

Picture the scene. 1975 and 16 year old Sid is dragged by his ear into the foreman's office. Sid was doing an apprenticeship in toolmaking and was in his first year. It was an okay job when many of his ilk were signing on or doing poo poo jobs for poo poo wages (Sid was on nearly £16 a week!)

'Look lad, this has been your third absence since you started, I know what's behind it... bloody football. Everton don't pay your wages, they won't be there for you when you have your first kid or need a house to live in... now grow up, buckle down and gently caress football or you'll be out on your arse'

Sid smiled to himself... 'he'll never understand... he's dead inside... he has no passion in his life... I have... we've QPR away on Tuesday, Latchford and Pearson are banging them in and I'm going to be there for the lads... gently caress this shite job'

These were the days when Everton meant everything to me... everything else took second place. Missing a game was quite unthinkable. In my heart, in my soul... my everything. It wasn't the first job I lost through my love for Everton...

2017... Wife. ' Do you fancy a couple of weeks away?'. I thought about this... 'When'...

I've just had a life threatening illness... I was a couple of weeks from playing my harp in a football free zone, all white with celestial temples not even called Derek. I thought about the way we'd been playing, the lack of effort, the lack of care... the complete lack of the thought from some of the players that 'this matters'

'Yeah book it' I said

This would have been unthinkable to the 16 year old Sid... but gently caress Everton, gently caress them... and gently caress young Sid...

See you in three weeks

lol, please respond nice meltdown from me

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

'Yeah book it' I said

See you in three weeks

I feel sad for this guy, both because Everton are letting him down and because he seems to have hurt himself a lot economically due to bad decisionmaking.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

uli2000 posted:

I really hope Keita gives us something as hilarious as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWJeZaV8-E

Actually this is the superior version op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uExTwNxNxiw

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Keita is gona push our packing numbers right up.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
football is dead and gay

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

'Yeah book it' I said

See you in three weeks

Wait til Sid sees this: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42142329

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
The sun have noticed that Sparky is wank and should be the next to go. The Sun is terrible but it makes a change that a big paper is actually highlighting his awful record rather than hand waving it away with the same old "They'll be fine" bollocks that always gets trotted out.

Some tasty stats:

quote:

In their last 66 matches, Stoke have won just 19 and have lost 29.

In their last 30 they have won just six - it's form that sees them sandwiched between West Ham and West Brom with both axing their managers.

It also mentions the 50m wasted on Imbula, Berahino and Wimmer and that the defence has conceded the joint second highest in the league.

He should've gone in the summer. Unfortunately Coates has only ever appointed British managers so even if he was to act he'd only appoint from the same uninspiring list that Everton and West Brom have been linked to. Or my worst nightmare will happen and we'll appoint Pulis for the third time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Meat Wagon posted:

The sun have noticed that Sparky is wank and should be the next to go. The Sun is terrible but it makes a change that a big paper is actually highlighting his awful record rather than hand waving it away with the same old "They'll be fine" bollocks that always gets trotted out.

Some tasty stats:

It also mentions the 50m wasted on Imbula, Berahino and Wimmer and that the defence has conceded the joint second highest in the league.

He should've gone in the summer. Unfortunately Coates has only ever appointed British managers so even if he was to act he'd only appoint from the same uninspiring list that Everton and West Brom have been linked to. Or my worst nightmare will happen and we'll appoint Pulis for the third time.

Wanna swap for Paul Clement?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Clement and Sanches for Hughes and Allen, please.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I saw a league table from the start of the year and Clement has actually managed more points than Hughes. Both are wank though. I'll swap you Sanches for Berahino though.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Meat Wagon posted:

Some tasty stats:

How well do you expect Stoke to be performing then, given their location, pulling power for good players etc? They never seem in any danger of relegation and they had a tough start to the season if I recall as far as fixtures go.

Not all manager posts are created equal, a record like that would be far more dire at Chelsea than at Stoke.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

How well do you expect Stoke to be performing then, given their location, pulling power for good players etc? They never seem in any danger of relegation and they had a tough start to the season if I recall as far as fixtures go.

Not all manager posts are created equal, a record like that would be far more dire at Chelsea than at Stoke.

if i was a footballer the ability to buy a three bed garden terrace for £40k would be a huge draw

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

RideTheSpiral posted:

if i was a footballer the ability to buy a three bed garden terrace for £40k would be a huge draw

You could own half the city by the time you retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

RideTheSpiral posted:

a three bed garden terrace... in Stoke

• Locked thread