Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
This season is already poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/arsenal-everton-stakeholders-close-ties-leaked-files-alisher-usmanov-farhad-moshiri

Seems like Everton never actually had an owner after all.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Oh wow Moyes to West Ham is actually happening.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
No striker will ever be good enough for Pirate Bob.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

gently caress yourself. Aggressively dumb things? I'm just more attuned to the truth of certain things than most of the twats in this shithole TRP forum. Such as recognizing that while Zlatan did pretty well he was also by far the most wasteful striker in the league, missing twice as many bug chances as the next one. Any good striker would get 20+ goals playing for a team creating as many chances as United did, so bringing up his stat of 28 goals in 46 matches is a bit of a moot point.

:stare:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shroud posted:

im permabanned poster Zlatanscorer58. i first started reading TRP when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “xG” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “Dszibot” and “i love Zlatan” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of advanced statistics was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” PirateBob to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

This is an all time great TRP Post.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

i's like man there's a lot of new posts in the PL thread for it being a stupid international weekend and hm

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here, bewbies.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I have no clue what "expected goals" means.

e: apparently it's an insanely convoluted stat which means "good chances"

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 13, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I have a feeling Moyes will do okay at West Ham.

Arsenal are going to get smashed on Saturday.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gold Sexy Body posted:

I hope Moyes does something funny.

I hope Arsenal win against all the odds!!!

gently caress tha spuds lmao

Arsenal always turn up for the NLD so I guess it’s possible, but spurs are much better at this point.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is mind bogglingly stupid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
West Brom to go down. Some other relegation battle team to sign Pulis in December and stay up.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Antares posted:

only in 'journalism' can you cry abuse because someone told you your dipshit opinion sucks and have colleagues rush to your defense instead of laugh at you.

He’s unironically arguing that Arsenal did something wrong by making his published newspaper article, that he himself tried to promote via twitter, more visible on twitter. He has no issue with the content of Arsenal’s entirely inoffensive tweet. He’s literally angry that more people saw his stupid article. It’s intellectually offensive, and I hate that anyone has leapt to his defense.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

:qq:

Such a weird hill for an Arsenal fan to be dying on. It wasn't a foul, Niassie was going down before the contact even happened. If we had video technology/diving review technology those three players probably would have gotten more bans and they would have deserved them.

Why is it always "what about x" with football fans. I don't want to see diving in football and this is a good way to try and minimise it.

I mean, it’s not a foul, but he clearly isn’t going down before the contact happened. Weird way to look at it.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Moyes isn’t going to last very long at West Ham, is he?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

African AIDS cum posted:

Burnley has to be hell on earth, there are just blocks and blocks of places like this. People in the 3rd world don't even live that way. I wonder how people can even tell which place is theirs sometimes.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/B...feaa828ce73e4cb

This is bizarre. The houses seem to be occupied, but there are no people and no cars.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

quiet enjoyment posted:

Arsenal are 4th with a game in hand, these truly are heady days

Anyone know what’s going on with Spurs? It’s tough to slide down the table when you have a striker who is scoring a goal a game.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

gregbest90 posted:

There are no words; I'm somewhat happy but also bricking it. I'm just anticipating some sort of fuckery.

Usually they’re in the top 3 at this point, then they’re fighting by 4th by February. If anything, this puts them on track for 7th.

Shrapnig posted:

Santi Cazorla has undergone another surgery on his achilles. It's looking more and more likely that he'll never play again.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/29/santi-cazorla-arsenal-return-ninth-operation-injury-achilles

I thought he was done before this last setback, but yeah this absolutely has to be it. Hopefully they’ll be able to put his foot back on so that he can get a big payday in China or something before he retires.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Something something Arsenlol "training staff" something

As much as I love to criticize Arsenal’s training staff, it just sounds like he had a bad result from a surgery. I’m sure the training staff compounded the issue, though.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Tsaedje posted:

So clearly Arsenal are peaking, how long before the next round of Wenger out?

lmao if anyone left the Wenger out brigade just because Arsenal are doing slightly worse than they are usually doing at this time of year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Big Sam is a good manager who is really good at keeping teams up?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope the London Gunners best the Manchester Red Devils tomorrow.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Weaponized Cum posted:

'unintentional'

Yeah, I watched the replay a million times. and Pogba’s foot was nowhere near where the ball actually was or where it was going to be had Bellerin not touched it. It’s not like the Eduardo tackle where you could see that the defender expected the ball to be in one place and found Eduardo’s shin there instead. It’s either intentional or totally inexplicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Breath Ray posted:

what was bellerin doing that cricket style block for anyway

He’s not very good at defending.

• Locked thread