Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Alberto Moreno has made the Spain squad and nothing makes sense in the world anymore.

He has improved a lot this season, so I think it’s deserved.

This isn’t his first call-up, from what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Mirallas and Schneiderlin were dropped for the Watford match because Duncan Ferguson said they should just go inside if they weren't going to take training seriously so they did lol

edit: lol

https://twitter.com/sdouglas80/status/927516258555265025

Regarding the Mirallas/Schneiderlin story...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/06/morgan-schneiderlin-kevin-mirallas-everton-training

And some more dirt from an Everton forum:

The People's Forum posted:

This is what has happened.

Everton have a thing in place where kids who get injured while at Everton and can't play are given a fast track to get into coaching. Unsworth as part of his ethos allows these kids to take 20 minutes or so of training a day. He does this to give them a chance and its a great boost for them.

Anyway he does this on Saturday morning and rather than listen to the kids Kevin and Morgan arse about. This leads to them being split up in training into two teams. Instead of taking part kevin and morgan decide to do the soccer am 'crossbar challenge'. When pulled up on this by duncan he tells them you either respect the club or fcukoff. At this morgan tells him to stick it as does mirallas who 'won't be told what to do by anyone'- he was like this with moyes martinez and Koeman. He also dumps his bib. they are then told to turn up anyway tomorrow for the game- neither does. Neither will play again for Everton.

Mirallas has been dropped by 4 different managers from what I recall. Maybe they should just sell him.

This seems like new behavior from Schneiderlin, though.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Zlatan rules and his haters will always eat poo poo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

Picture the scene. 1975 and 16 year old Sid is dragged by his ear into the foreman's office. Sid was doing an apprenticeship in toolmaking and was in his first year. It was an okay job when many of his ilk were signing on or doing poo poo jobs for poo poo wages (Sid was on nearly £16 a week!)

'Look lad, this has been your third absence since you started, I know what's behind it... bloody football. Everton don't pay your wages, they won't be there for you when you have your first kid or need a house to live in... now grow up, buckle down and gently caress football or you'll be out on your arse'

Sid smiled to himself... 'he'll never understand... he's dead inside... he has no passion in his life... I have... we've QPR away on Tuesday, Latchford and Pearson are banging them in and I'm going to be there for the lads... gently caress this shite job'

These were the days when Everton meant everything to me... everything else took second place. Missing a game was quite unthinkable. In my heart, in my soul... my everything. It wasn't the first job I lost through my love for Everton...

2017... Wife. ' Do you fancy a couple of weeks away?'. I thought about this... 'When'...

'Early December' She said

'But that's the football season' I thought.

I've just had a life threatening illness... I was a couple of weeks from playing my harp in a football free zone, all white with celestial temples not even called Derek. I thought about the way we'd been playing, the lack of effort, the lack of care... the complete lack of the thought from some of the players that 'this matters'

'Yeah book it' I said

I'll miss West Ham, Huddersfield, Apollon Limmosol, Liverpool and Newcastle

This would have been unthinkable to the 16 year old Sid... but gently caress Everton, gently caress them... and gently caress young Sid...

The players don't give a shite - why should I?

See you in three weeks

I feel sad for this guy, both because Everton are letting him down and because he seems to have hurt himself a lot economically due to bad decisionmaking.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Pepball prevails. England is the new Scotland. City is the new Celtic.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Big Sam is a good manager who is really good at keeping teams up?

I'm annoyed that they got him before the Merseyside Derby. I was hoping to get weak Everton instead of Everton with a new manager bounce.

Allardyce is ethically challenged, but he is otherwise a good manager who does unglamorous work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

I hope the London Gunners best the Manchester Red Devils tomorrow.

drat it. I don't know how to feel.

Actually, I do. Team Wenger. All the time.

• Locked thread