Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tarbrush posted:

Alberto Moreno has made the Spain squad and nothing makes sense in the world anymore.

actually it makes perfect sense because spain is dead and la liga is toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I think David Luiz slept with Conte’s wife.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
west ham is going down

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

vyelkin posted:

moyes couldn't even keep sunderland up with a full season in the job

crazy considering how good that squad and club management was

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Reprisal posted:

wonder how relegation would fit into the Olympic Stadium’s budget lmao

give the stadium to a good east London team

Millwall

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

fat gay nonce posted:

Give it to Leyton Orient at least they are close

imagine giving a world class massive new stadium to a team that can’t even play football league quality. so yes they should give it to orient instead

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

love ndong

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

peanut- posted:

David Moyes is bad but West Ham have some alright players and if he can vaguely organise a defence he’ll do better than Bilic.

he cant op

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bea Nanner posted:

idgi, sterlings never pulled out in his life

:scott:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

PirateBob posted:

gently caress yourself. Aggressively dumb things? I'm just more attuned to the truth of certain things than most of the twats in this shithole TRP forum. Such as recognizing that while Zlatan did pretty well he was also by far the most wasteful striker in the league, missing twice as many bug chances as the next one. Any good striker would get 20+ goals playing for a team creating as many chances as United did, so bringing up his stat of 28 goals in 46 matches is a bit of a moot point.

lol nice

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

pik_d posted:

I don't even know what's real or not anymore, thanks PirateBoob

have you considered being more attuned to truth

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

tarbrush posted:

Do BT and Sky have any more money to spaff on live football?

saturday afternoon games on bbc 1

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
pulis is sacked

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

im going to send him death threats

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

hadji murad posted:

your posts certainly encourage suicide

the gently caress

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
hmm let’s do nothing about all the blatant dives but definitely ban this guy who went down a little easy after contact

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

Blatant dives get punished by referees during the game

These dives are the ones that con the refs, and get punished retrospectively

Why is this so hard to understand?

imagine thinking blatant dives get punished by refs in game smdh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

Can we agree that both should be punished? Niasse conned the referee and bought a penalty. It is absolutely correct that he should be punished for it. Referees should also be able to catch these incidents during the game, but when they don't having a back up plan is a good idea.

at the risk of continuing a pointless argument: there has to be a middle ground between a dive and a penalty. just because the ref bottled it doesn’t mean it was a dive.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

oliwan posted:

I can't think of a more nightmarish thing than being a GBS mod

turn off your monitor

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Picture the scene. 1975 and 16 year old Sid is dragged by his ear into the foreman's office. Sid was doing an apprenticeship in toolmaking and was in his first year. It was an okay job when many of his ilk were signing on or doing poo poo jobs for poo poo wages (Sid was on nearly £16 a week!)

'Look lad, this has been your third absence since you started, I know what's behind it... bloody football. Everton don't pay your wages, they won't be there for you when you have your first kid or need a house to live in... now grow up, buckle down and gently caress football or you'll be out on your arse'

Sid smiled to himself... 'he'll never understand... he's dead inside... he has no passion in his life... I have... we've QPR away on Tuesday, Latchford and Pearson are banging them in and I'm going to be there for the lads... gently caress this shite job'

These were the days when Everton meant everything to me... everything else took second place. Missing a game was quite unthinkable. In my heart, in my soul... my everything. It wasn't the first job I lost through my love for Everton...

2017... Wife. ' Do you fancy a couple of weeks away?'. I thought about this... 'When'...

'Early December' She said

'But that's the football season' I thought.

I've just had a life threatening illness... I was a couple of weeks from playing my harp in a football free zone, all white with celestial temples not even called Derek. I thought about the way we'd been playing, the lack of effort, the lack of care... the complete lack of the thought from some of the players that 'this matters'

'Yeah book it' I said

I'll miss West Ham, Huddersfield, Apollon Limmosol, Liverpool and Newcastle

This would have been unthinkable to the 16 year old Sid... but gently caress Everton, gently caress them... and gently caress young Sid...

The players don't give a shite - why should I?

See you in three weeks

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

How well do you expect Stoke to be performing then, given their location, pulling power for good players etc? They never seem in any danger of relegation and they had a tough start to the season if I recall as far as fixtures go.

Not all manager posts are created equal, a record like that would be far more dire at Chelsea than at Stoke.

if i was a footballer the ability to buy a three bed garden terrace for £40k would be a huge draw

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Just had a look on some sites and I did actually see some terraced houses for £40k though most are a bit higher, but still. That's insane, is Stoke that much of a shithole? Good way to get on the property ladder if you work from home I guess. Or you could commute to Brum. Surely even a minimum wage job in Stoke though means that house is 3 times your salary. What the gently caress is going on in Stoke

yes

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Vinestalk posted:

Honestly, location of a club is not the huge barrier it's made out to be. It literally is just money and the chance to win things. How else can you explain people willingly living in Manchester?

easy access to prime real estate in Burnley?

Woodbine Road, BURNLEY, Lancashire
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51551649.html

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
imo it’s hosed up that there are only 5 managers in all of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im at the istanbul derby and lol gently caress the premier league this poo poo is insane

• Locked thread