Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How long was Loki Odin? I thought I heard Thor reference it being two weeks but he also mentions it has been two years since Age of Ultron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wonder how many non-football fans missed the joke/pun about the guns from Texas being named Dez and Troy. Them becoming Destroy when together is great. Did not expect a Dallas Cowboys related joke in Thor.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

swickles posted:

I have to go back and check, but i am wondering if I noticed a new trend for Phase 3. Remember how in Phase 2 in every movie someone lost a hand/arm? In Spiderman Homecoming there was a scene with Peter look at his reflection with the mask half on and off, and the focus sort of blurred from Parker face to Spiderman face. You saw a similar shot in with Banner watching the monitor on the Quinn Jet, where it phased from Banner face to Hulk face.

Can anyone remember a similar scene from GotG or other Phase 3 movies?

Not 100% phase 3 related but it seems like the main heroes all lose something in their 3rd movie in this Thor lost his eye, hammer, dad, and home.

In Iron Man 3 Tony lost his armor (temporarily), many of the suits were destroyed, lost his home, and Pepper temporarily left him. His loses are all recovered in later films.

In Captain America 3 Cap left his shield behind and basically lost the ability to roam freely in his home.

So at the very least in the 3rd film of each series each hero loses their weapon and can't go home. They also all make at least one new friend that helps them.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 9, 2017

• Locked thread