Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CB5SeBGkI

Because the Rogue One thread I started here last year went pretty well and also it’s not CD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's going to suck

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I'll probably see it, but not the first week it comes out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

LostCosmonaut posted:

I'll probably see it, but not the first week it comes out.

same but because i can't, all the theaters near me are sold out until literally christmas

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m kind of a lucky as I have a way hassle free now to see movies via industry events, but yeah getting force awakens tickets was a pain in the rear end initially. Luckily with more and more places with recliner and reserved seats now you just need the ticket, vs ticket and showing up super early.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 3, 2017

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Already got our tickets for opening weekend.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I expect everyone to see it and pour out a 40 for Carrie Fisher.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Madurai posted:

I expect everyone to see it and pour out a 40 do a line for Carrie Fisher.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Madurai posted:

I expect everyone to see it and pour out a do 40 lines for Carrie Fisher.

I'm optimistic about the movie. Looks like some pretty crazy set piece battle scenes. Sucks I'm probably going to be overseas when it comes out, but I fully expect the internet to spoil whatever happens seconds after it comes out.

In 2015, someone actually spray painted HAN SOLO DIES, KILLED BY HIS OWN SON on the side of my building a day after the movie came out. Someone else came by and spray painted nothing but black over it two days later.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I literally had no idea this was coming out next month until I saw a trailer that said December 15th last night.

I thought it was coming out next year.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I literally had no idea this was coming out next month until I saw a trailer that said December 15th last night.

I thought it was coming out next year.

I think that's the Han Solo movie.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The movies are totally fine, they may lack the "we've got a surprising amount of money and cocaine and nobody gives a gently caress about us" charm of the originals but who seriously thinks everything's going to be like it was? They're good stories in the same universe, and I like them. I'll probably see it in the off-base German kino because it's way better than the BX.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think that's the Han Solo movie.

I think so.

They're alternating years, main quest - side quest - main quest - side quest - ?

Not sure what happens after Ep 9, but they're planning on a bunch of side movies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

I think so.

They're alternating years, main quest - side quest - main quest - side quest - ?

Not sure what happens after Ep 9, but they're planning on a bunch of side movies.

The Quest for More Money.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

Now that Disney has the franchise, they'll make Star Wars films until we die of old age. I'm just hopeful we get a couple more good ones before the well of creativity runs dry.

Edit: there will be no happy endings, because nothing will ever end.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

GIVE ME A ROGUE SQUADRON MOVIE

'sides Wedge Antilles was the real hero of the star wars saga.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

Wedge aborted one Death Star run due to an avionics failure and then expended ordnance on a redundant target on the second one.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Wedge Antilles posted:

I'm helping

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Madurai posted:

Wedge aborted one Death Star run due to an avionics failure and then expended ordnance on a redundant target on the second one.

Wedge aborted one Death Star run due to battle damage and expended ordnance on the target he was ordered to hit on the second one.

Don't believe everything Lando Calrissian wrote, dude clearly had an axe to grind. He wasn't even at Yavin IV.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Madurai posted:

Assuming they keep track the way we do, the dude has half a Death Star silhouette painted on the side of his fighter, along with a few AT-ATs and god knows how many TIE fighters. He may not have been the star of the show, but that level of combat experience is a quality all its own.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Assuming they keep track the way we do, the dude has half a Death Star silhouette painted on the side of his fighter, along with a few AT-ATs and god knows how many TIE fighters. He may not have been the star of the show, but that level of combat experience is a quality all its own.

If we're going by on-screen kills, than that's one AT-AT (the one and only time the cable trick worked) and two TIEs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wedge Antilles owns, fight me if you disagree.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Handsome Ralph posted:

Jek Porkins owns, fight me if you disagree.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MA-Horus posted:

Only dude with 2 Death Stars painted on his X-Wing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Madurai posted:

If we're going by on-screen kills, than that's one AT-AT (the one and only time the cable trick worked) and two TIEs.

Yeah, and if we go by things that happen on screen, Jedi training takes about 15 minutes, 1/3 of which are your master rummaging through your suitcase and eating dinner.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don’t forget Pablo Hildago’s awesome visual dictionary book will launch same day as release. If it’s anything like the Rogue One book, it will easily be worth the $15 Amazon wants for it.

Also I needed an excuse to bump the thread up after watching Rogue One again.

Also Solo has a May 25 release date for next year.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I should probably watch the force awakens now. Rogue one owned bones.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Im pretty sure that Luke Skywalkers robot hand is going to be accused of feeling up Yoda. It's going to go to poo poo, his robot hand will have to be destroyed because of it's inbuild prediliction to feel up green arse.

Meanwhile that Snoke dude literally rapes and kills kids, but nobody cares and he becomes the president because the last leader of the Jedi was a black guy.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

But her Padmemails

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It may be sacrilege to suggest, but I think Rogue One is now my favorite Star Wars movie. Yes, even over Empire Strikes Back.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Naked Bear posted:

It may be sacrilege to suggest, but I think Rogue One is now my favorite Star Wars movie. Yes, even over Empire Strikes Back.

:stare:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Naked Bear posted:

I'm gonna agree with this bad opinion

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look I'm the weirdo who likes Return more than Empire, so it's not like you can't have stranger views.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

my wife cried when the robot died

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
https://youtu.be/m6U6I9Jbkxs

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

I concur with and endorse your sacrilege.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
That opinion is really bad!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

A cool commander

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

o7

• Locked thread