Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Madurai posted:

I expect everyone to see it and pour out a do 40 lines for Carrie Fisher.

I'm optimistic about the movie. Looks like some pretty crazy set piece battle scenes. Sucks I'm probably going to be overseas when it comes out, but I fully expect the internet to spoil whatever happens seconds after it comes out.

In 2015, someone actually spray painted HAN SOLO DIES, KILLED BY HIS OWN SON on the side of my building a day after the movie came out. Someone else came by and spray painted nothing but black over it two days later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

But her Padmemails

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That was loving cool and I had a smile on my face the entire time. I assume that the next one is going to have to be set like 10-15 years later in order to allow Leia to die from natural causes and also to raise and train the next generation of the Resistance.

Also, regarding Luke saying that Kylo took six of his students- were those supposed to be them in Snoke’s throne room? Or were those just the equivalent of the Emperor’s Royal Guard?

I also wish there had been more Chewbacca. You can never have too much Chewbacca. Although for me, the biggest mystery will always be how someone recovered Luke’s blue lightsaber from the depths of Cloud City.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Dead Reckoning posted:

I don't want to get too political, but Chewbacca murdering and eating one of the puffin/seal hybrid things from the trailer was entirely too obvious as a ham-fisted metaphor for the 2016 election.

A loud, aggressive creature with crazy hair devouring the only decent and innocent things left uncorrupted by the collapse of social cohesion?

• Locked thread