Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CB5SeBGkI

Because the Rogue One thread I started here last year went pretty well and also it’s not CD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m kind of a lucky as I have a way hassle free now to see movies via industry events, but yeah getting force awakens tickets was a pain in the rear end initially. Luckily with more and more places with recliner and reserved seats now you just need the ticket, vs ticket and showing up super early.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 3, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I literally had no idea this was coming out next month until I saw a trailer that said December 15th last night.

I thought it was coming out next year.

I think that's the Han Solo movie.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

I think so.

They're alternating years, main quest - side quest - main quest - side quest - ?

Not sure what happens after Ep 9, but they're planning on a bunch of side movies.

The Quest for More Money.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don’t forget Pablo Hildago’s awesome visual dictionary book will launch same day as release. If it’s anything like the Rogue One book, it will easily be worth the $15 Amazon wants for it.

Also I needed an excuse to bump the thread up after watching Rogue One again.

Also Solo has a May 25 release date for next year.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look I'm the weirdo who likes Return more than Empire, so it's not like you can't have stranger views.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That movie was loving amazing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

If this thread/forum didn't exist, I'd go to reddit to discuss this movie before I went into CineD and subjected myself to that garbage.

Hey so people who saw the movie,

Was I the only one who geeked out at the space B-17's? Cause that def. felt like a homage to Lucas using movies like Dam Busters and the like as inspiration for the OTs space battles

Oh and slight bit of bad news, Pablo Hidalgo, the guy who is basically in charge of Star Wars lore and what not now, confirmed that even though Disney bought Fox, there is still one notable person who has to sign off on a release of an unaltered OT on blu ray and what not.

So until he dies or Disney forces him to do it, it's not happening apparently :(

Yeah those things were aweomse. You never really get to see sweet rear end bombers in the Star Wars Universe or at least things that look like an actual bomber

I still can't believe that Disney signed a deal that didn't give them full ownership. Also Jesus Lucas you're on the spectrum. You know he views this the same as Welles being able to prevent colorization of Citizen Kane via his original RKO contract.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

The big rumor about why Lucas won't allow the original cuts to be re-released is that his ex-wife would be entitled to royalties if that happened and he can't let that happen. She helped cut and edit ANH because it was a royal mess before she got to it.

I dunno, if only because it would have had to have occured on 2006, and clearly that wasn't a problem.

Also Ralph check your PMs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love the abusive relationship between Hux and Ren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

oh my god the cd thread is really something else

why don't they just ram all their ships into the bad guys? it's obviously really effective!!!

That’s why I started this thread.

• Locked thread