Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I expect everyone to see it and pour out a 40 for Carrie Fisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

GIVE ME A ROGUE SQUADRON MOVIE

'sides Wedge Antilles was the real hero of the star wars saga.

Wedge aborted one Death Star run due to an avionics failure and then expended ordnance on a redundant target on the second one.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Assuming they keep track the way we do, the dude has half a Death Star silhouette painted on the side of his fighter, along with a few AT-ATs and god knows how many TIE fighters. He may not have been the star of the show, but that level of combat experience is a quality all its own.

If we're going by on-screen kills, than that's one AT-AT (the one and only time the cable trick worked) and two TIEs.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

It may be sacrilege to suggest, but I think Rogue One is now my favorite Star Wars movie. Yes, even over Empire Strikes Back.

I concur with and endorse your sacrilege.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Am ready!

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/bingo/Episode8/

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The only thing that really bothers my turbonerd brain is the arcing turbolaser bolts. I mean, I get they're trying to visually convey they're shooting at long range, but c'mon, son.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Flikken posted:

They were using gravity bombs in space.

Oh, that's easy to rationalize: They're pushed out of the bay by some kind of rail system and drift down like bombs! (I know that's not what was being represented)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The Boba Fett phenomenon is hilarious. Did anyone give a gently caress about him until like 1995? I bought into it but I was 9 and he had cool armor and a jet pack. Plus they always found a way to weasel him into the video games

:thunk:

On, no--people were super into Mr. Dangerous Mysterious Man the moment he showed up as a cartoon in the Holiday Special.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Arc Light posted:

Yes, I look at this and think "total badass."

Hey man, I can't explain it either, and I was there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Sax Offender posted:

"Palpatine" was in the novelization of the both first Star Wars movie and ROTJ, and even back then he was a Senator who rose to power on the promise of restoring the Republic to glory. It's kind of like "Ewoks", "Wicket", "AT-AT", or even "Lord of the Sith"*. Fans knew the terms, and they popped up in books, games, toys, trading cards, etc. before the EU was a thing.

This, with the added extra that in 1977, it was implied the Emperor was still supposed to be a figurehead isolated by Machiavellian bureaucrats.

• Locked thread