Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think that's the Han Solo movie.

I think so.

They're alternating years, main quest - side quest - main quest - side quest - ?

Not sure what happens after Ep 9, but they're planning on a bunch of side movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Seeing it noon Friday. :)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Welp, just saw it.

:stare:

I'm really happy with the way they made Luke a badass. Also, the .........Yoda.......Just making the spoiler longer, ignore this part cameo was pretty awesome. They really pulled out all the stops to get that point across that you guys already spoilered.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't catch this, but Carrie Fisher's dog Gary Fisher had a cameo:

Apparently he was also at the premier and perked up when she was on the screen. :(

Godholio fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 16, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Movie was good and the audience audibly gasped at the lightspeed ram aftermath.

Justifiably.

I'm not sure I've ever been in an audience that applauded during a scene, but it happened when Luke's holo-trickery was revealed. That was my other favorite scene.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dude McAwesome posted:

Towards then end, during the Luke illusion bit I was looking at him and something looked off. His hair was still brown rather than grey. And I'm guessing it was like becayse the last time Kylo/Leia or anyone saw him before he disappeared he would have looked like that. I thought that was a cool touch.

I noticed that too but didn't figure it out until pretty late in the scene.

quote:

I saw it in 3d in IMAX and that was fuckin incredible.

Goddamn yes. Seriously one of my favorite visuals of all time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

psydude posted:

This is a good post with good points.

Benicio del Toro's character was completely underutilized. He's clearly supposed to be as crucial to the plot as, say, Lando, but instead he just disappears after two scenes on the ship and I'm pretty sure they won't be bringing him back for the third one even though he clearly has potential to be a very interesting character. If the whole point of the 40 minute long side quest was as a vehicle to introduce his character, they basically wasted everyone's time.

I expect he'll be back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y5sCLZjoLg

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ugh, I forgot about that, but yeah it bugged the hell out of me every time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It seems like some of you think these movies come IMMEDIATELY following RotJ. Like...it's been literally decades. Tech changes, people learn how to do things. It would be completely loving bizarre if Leia didn't bother learning some Force poo poo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh yeah, the CG was not very good on that.

Edit: I also agree with what was posted above about that being the perfect opportunity for the character to die and have it cause ripples in the plot. It wouldn't have changed much...she wasn't really important after that scene anyway. We'd have missed her conversation with Luke but really, they could've just blue-glowed her and changed the scenery to make it fit elsewhere.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

We all know bad guys don't lie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's how they've treated all the villains except Vader. It's nothing new.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm really looking forward to the Plinkett review.

Close enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hwGZFPSmw

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

How often do flag officers explain to O-3/4s what's going on? He was also on the poo poo list at the time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is actually making the whole mess seem more plausible.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

McNally posted:

The one that blew up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

It would've been a better payoff to actually learn that he was this ultimate badass Sith Lord, like finish melting Palpatine with his pinkie finger level of powers. Then he gets ganked with a loving force trick by this whiny manchild he's been puppet-mastering. It's not that Snookie went out like a bitch, it's that everybody's just wondering where the gently caress he came from and who the gently caress he was.

Who cares? Vader is the only Sith who ever got a backstory, and it was trash. Leaving it in mystery is a pillar of Star Wars.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

According to Rian Johnson, none of the loose ends in TFA (what we assumed were setting things up for Eps 8 & 9) actually had any defined plans at the time. He had to figure out what to do with all of it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

He was the writer (sole credit) and he disagrees with you. :shrug: Maybe the TFA team just forgot to hand in the notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah, during the flashback sequence when she touched Luke's lightsaber at the new cantina.

• Locked thread