Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Movie was good but it feels like they blew 800 mil on special effects and skipped decent writing. Space opera could have been a little better than static car chase in space.

Rian offered some cool directions to take things and then made some strange decisions such as the whole completely useless Poe subplot, not enough Benicio del Toro with a relevant plot and same with Mark Hamill. Also, killing off people that could have had a cool storyline with no explanation. Oh yeah, the "people's lives are really important I can't lose anyone" (loses almost everyone). Too many scenes just ended in confusion or frustration at the storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Dead Reckoning posted:

Like who? I'm hella glad they killed off Snookie. The "all-powerful, mysterious, over confident sith lord" has been Done. To. Death.

That Vice Admiral and the stormtrooper commander among others. Don't really care about Snoke but the constant, confusing storytelling to get there was terrible. I also didn't understand Lukes death. "Oh hey can't kill me!" Dies anyways. If the rest of the story wasn't so poorly told it would be fine or even good but as it is I didn't get it.

McNally posted:

Over 80% of the Resistance is dead and it's all Poe's fault

This was the first thing that came to my mind. Poe really started to irritate me towards the end, especially since if they focused less on Poe and more on Holdo or the Asian sister it might be more interesting.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 27, 2017

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

The Shep posted:

I wish he figured something out other than 1) kill 2) ignore 3) downplay.

It's just really sloppy writing covered up with explosions. Too many movies are doing this now and it's getting old.

• Locked thread