Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm making this outside of the Map Gaming thread to see if I can rope people into playing this with us. This is a super fun game to play with friends in Multiplayer and I want to get more people to do it with us.

Buy Hearts of Iron here while you still can: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/paradox-weekend-sale/

Hearts of Iron is a fun game by Paradox where you play as Adolf Hitler (!!!) or other guys and lead your nation to supremacy!

Former Imp Games we had:

Eastern Europe Game: Where Larry "Mussolini" Parrish got clowned by the mighty armies of Yugoslavia, Poland and Greece

Commonwealth Game: Where Australia, New Zealand, India and Canada became Fascist, declared independence from Great Britain and destroyed the Allies and the Comintern

Catastrophic Aprés Moi Le Deluge Game: lmao

Ongoing Aprés Moi Le Deluge Game: The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere unified China, destroyed Imperial Russia and puppeted the Dutch, now trying to find a way to invade France.

Interesting Mods

Aprés Moi Le Deluge - Alternate History Mod where Napoleon prevailed and France is the global hegemon for now.
Pros: Most balanced out there, replacing Non-Aligned with Monarchist leaves a lot of factions to form.
Cons: Foci are kinda same-y. South America has no specific war scenario unlike the others.

Kaiserreich - Alternate History Mod where Germany won WW1.
Pros: Great Legacy, lot of events, lot of countries have unique focuses.
Cons: Really unpolished and unfinished, their attempt to a stability system is incredibly retarded (might be fixed when HOI4's expansion comes?).

Road to 56 - Mod made to expande HOI4's gameplay to 1956, adds national focuses and stuff for a lot of countries.
Pros: Kind of an enhanced version of vanilla HOI4.
Cons: Really loving unbalanced, in one game I managed to have Brazil build more factories than the USA by 1941

Millennium Dawn - Mod about modern day world! Let's start WW3!
Pros: You can play as ISIS (This forum is blacklisted already so we can talk about terrorism here)
Cons: Good luck if the US or China declare war on your rear end!

Please suggest more for any play.

How the MP will work

I wanna hammer down time with Imps to find when they can play and what they want to do. After we do so, I want to do a weekly or biweekly game where we play for a few hours, if you can't make it, it's fine, we'll leave some slots for substitute players or AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=LhqUk28OwHs&p=n#/0;2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm in because HOI4 is awesome even if Paradox is a criminal organization that launders money through bimonthly balance patches that cost 20 dollars.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My life's a mess so I can't commit to a regular game but if I'm around sometime when you're playing maybe I can like hop on and play Albania or whatever.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

wish I could play but timezones make it rough for me. Looking forward to reading about the insanity

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The map gaming thread has been claimed by the last page bug, RIP

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

How does HOI IV work w/r/t expansions that are installed and whatnot? I wouldn't mind giving this a try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

How does HOI IV work w/r/t expansions that are installed and whatnot? I wouldn't mind giving this a try.

Everybody uses whatever the host has whether you own the dlc or not

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wow, thats really cool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The map gaming thread has been claimed by the last page bug, RIP

No!!!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Everybody uses whatever the host has whether you own the dlc or not

There's a caveat that it makes the game a lot loving slower iirc though. Better just disable them alltogether.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Map Gaming Thread is dead but I need to post this here. The next expansion is gonna overhaul the poo poo out of the game with the new decision and stability system. I criticized how crappy they handled the game before but after two lovely expacs they are finally doing one that improves the game into being better than Darkest Hour and it might help salvage a lot of Mods that I think would need it (I mean you Kaiserreich!).

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-decisive-action.1053930/

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How did this turn out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Someone play with me gently caress!!!

• Locked thread