Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Thanks rear end in a top hat, all that writing I did went to nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Absolutely not! I just got tired of the thread being messed up. Whenever your OP is ready I can close this thread or replace the OP with yours, if that's what you want. Like sinteres said, you called dibs

ok lol just giving you poo poo. It's good that you did this, I will write it up as soon as possible and let you know.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I'm definitely gonna go back and try to save an archive of what I wrote, so I can have depressing real time look at having all my hopes and dreams crushed.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Unless this Israeli paper is exagerrrating something then holy poo poo:-

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/927641310634434562

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Here is the same thing from an actual news source:-

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lebanon-politics-saudi/saudi-arabia-says-lebanon-has-declared-war-on-it-idUSKBN1D62NQ

What does this even mean? The war in Yemen still isn't done, unless this means like a rhetorical general statement of intent or something. I'm going to put this in the category of just all talk, what might actually happen is a big escalation in yemen, but essentially there's no way they'll actually defeat the houthis unless they invade the north with foot soldiers.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

*Update*

Wooops this might have been a mistake by reuters, they may have mixed up turki bin abdullah and turki bin faisal, very different in terms of scale. This might be dubious news.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 6, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

there's something very comradely about the fact that Saudis get to suffer donald trump just as much as America does.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lote posted:

So...apparently Saudi Arabia is bombing its own embassy in Yemen. Is this bad or really bad?

It's impossible that there's an actual functioning embassy in Sanaa at this point lol they must've just bombed the building itself.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The bigger question is why and if there's a functioning saudi arabian embassy in Sanaa three years into a war of annihilation in which the enemy has full control of Sanaa. Like, how does that happen and the embassy goes unmolested?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

speaking of arrests, Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist who was forced into exile a few weeks ago, has started his own website, and publishes articles in english, while it's clear his self-imposed exile has freed him to be more critical, he still maintains a naivety and beleif in the saudi system:-

https://jamalkhashoggi.com/

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Mixodorian posted:

So how much longer before the Saudis finally make their move on their longtime destiny of destroying those drat dirty Irani dogs? Poster al-Saqr, do you live in the KSA? What's the word on the street there.

My Iranian in-laws are getting very agitated by all of this. The amount of times I heard soosmar-khor and taazi thrown around this weekend was lol.

Soon my friend the great ghazwa will begin and the sword of Saad bin Abi Waqqas will deliver the final blow to the Safavid/sassanid/rafidi/Khomeini hydra!! Just like the good old days at the battle of Nihawand!

*ululates wildly*

Anyways, but seriously saudi is never going to actually confront Iran head on unless they really have run out of options, right now they're busy doing reactionary moves against Iran in multiple theaters so who knows what might happen.

I don't know what those two Persian words you said mean, but looking it up on google it seems like it's some kind of racist slur, you should sit down with your in laws some time and tell them that's no good.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Carl Diggler?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Going into exile in Iran is an interesting choice for a Saudi royal. This whole thing is crazy.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/saudi-arabia-prince-turki-bin-mohamed-bin-fahd-flees-to-iran/1/1084357.html

Looooooolll holy shiiiit

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Count Roland posted:

Its this legit? I don't especially trust some rando Indian paper for this sort of thing.

I have no way of finding out beyond normal online sources.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/ajenews/status/927992871881408515

Lol houthis be trolling.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

In 100% serious, not-joking honesty Iran would/will very likely be a much better steward of the Middle East than the USA and its allies ever were or will be

They emptied Syria of half its population. I'd really rather not take any chances with being under their care given what they did to Iraq & Syria. They are not a force for good at all.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 8, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Grouchio posted:

1. gently caress yes and if I ever were to get into foreign policy in my life I would do my utmost to make this happen.
2. Even if this makes the Arabs hate us more, well gently caress them anyways - because they're the ones dealing with desertification and potential uninhabitability not Iran! :v:

1. Iran is not a benevolent force in the region, they are every bit as murderous and oppressive through their proxies as any other fascist movement.

2. try being a decent human being and not a total retard, be for democracy, freedom and human rights rather than arbitrarily picking one group of murderers and oppressors over another.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Unsubstantiated rumor, but why the gently caress would they even bother with this:-

https://twitter.com/alialahmed_en/status/928688091648405504

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

This is normal

https://twitter.com/ali_h_soufan/status/928790991385038849

Like, Hariri's OWN PARTY is coming out against Saudi and is blaming MbS for taking him hostage.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?! WHY DO THEY KEEP SHOOTING THEMSELVES IN THE STOMACH LIKE THIS?!!?

Like, at this point, they've put themselves in a position where either a war against lebanon will take place within the next couple of weeks, or just like the debacle with Qatar they just handed Iran yet another massive diplomatic victory free of charge.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 10, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so was he there for some diplomatic thing and now he is held hostage and forced to resign and now his country will be hosed to death?

apparently, there's a rumor floating around twitter about that Khamenei send his envoy Ali Akbar Wilayeti to visit Hariri and Hariri and one of his newspapers praised him after the visit, which is what probably drove his paymasters in Riyadh Insane.

Like, I just watched the speech Hariri gave, the guy was always known to be an idiot with zero charisma, but it was as clear as loving day there was a figurative gun pointed to his head in the way he read the speech and it's contents.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 10, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41946310

welp, I think there's definitely a conflagration happening pretty soon

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/928990032916090880

Nasrallah is now saying that Israel is being asked by Saudi to hit lebanon.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Wonder who will shoot first. It may still be hard saber rattling but I am worried.

the question running through my head is why now and not sooner, if they wanted to actually successfully attack Hezbollah they shouldve done it while the Iron was hot in Syria and while Assad was on the back foot and while there was enough hezbollah fighters busy in Syria, why are they picking the fight now?! at this point the Russians and Iranians have Syria Covered and now Hezbollah can recall it's battle hardened fighters back to lebanon no problem.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Count Roland posted:

I made something more useful than baseless speculation:

1) Saudi (KSA) jets could fly over Jordan and Syria to get to Lebanon. Jordan would probably allow Saudi flights. Syria wouldn't be happy.

2) Or KSA could go through rebel held territory in Syria. I checked and the SAA supposedly has territory going right up to the Golan Heights, so they'd still overfly Assad-controlled dirt.

3) If the Saudis were feeling cheeky, they could go over Jordan and then the Golan Heights. This would be diplomatically confusing and there might be weird laws governing this territory.

4) Its also possible to fly only over Israeli terrain, but only if they carefully fly over the Red Sea port of Eilat. Israel isn't likely to allow this, though since they hate Hezbollah and are egging the Saudis on it isn't impossible.

5) Or just fly over your ally's territory and the sea. Its a long flight but trouble free, mid-air refuelling would be a lot safer.

take note, saudi cant even take Sanaa and they have ALL the advantage in that arena and the distance is much closer, this is just so insane and beyond any capability Saudi has in the first place. Like, looking at this map makes this even more clear what a loving ridiculous notion that Saudi can project itself like this with any measure of seriousness.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I actually was in a situation once in which I was six feet away from him for a few seconds, he is as every bit as terrible a person and just a loving malevolent 'Presence' about him as he gives off on television. holy poo poo what a twat that guy was.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hariri is now on TV saying that he's a free man in Riyadh and that he'll be returning to Lebanon in 2/3 days

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/929784451508391938

So what the gently caress was all this drama meant to accomplish exactly?!?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Loool holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/yasminwaqahwa/status/929818190955384832

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

The problem is that Saudi Foreign Policy was essentially spent killing every arab countries chances of advancing past fascism and into more representative countries for fear of their own supremacy in the region. they helped kill off and undermine every attempt Arabs had at paving a new future for themselves be it from the left or from the conservative non-salafist islamists, and now they're surprised that the dead corpses they've chained arent much help to them in the face of an actually intelligent rival in the region like Iran.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 13, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

one of MbS's dogs wrote an article, it's only fair we read some of the propaganda MbS is making GBS threads out for balances' sake:-

https://www.wsj.com/articles/riyadh-is-delivering-on-vision-2030-1510521284

quote:

When Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman launched Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia’s progressive reform program, last year, the international community responded with cautious encouragement. Few disputed the necessity for reform or thought it failed the test of ambition. But there were doubts about Saudi Arabia’s ability to deliver.

Some openly said Saudi Arabia would not be able to take the painful decisions and implement the difficult trade-offs needed to push through such dramatic change and transformation. The implication was that the old system and traditions would stymie any attempt to modernize our economy and society to the level we ourselves set.

While we knew differently, we understood the doubters. Saudi Arabia is a rich nation, blessed by the discovery of oil more than 80 years ago. Yet our wealth has not transferred into opportunity for all. Those seeking to do business in our country have not faced a predictable business environment, a familiar commercial legal framework, or a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture. Corrupt practices complicated matters further.

The Supreme Anti-Corruption Committee’s recent enforcement actions should encourage those who doubted Saudi Arabia’s commitment and ability to deliver the goals of Vision 2030 at the pace our economic and demographic realities demand. Yet we have also seen some misguided theories about what motivated our country to take these steps, which the overwhelming majority of Saudi citizens have embraced.

The investigations, which have been in progress for three years, have shown that more than $100 billion has been misappropriated through systematic corruption and embezzlement over several decades. That may prove to be a conservative estimate. Moreover, the decision to undertake this investigation and to act on its findings, regardless of who was found to be corrupt, was taken at the start of the investigation, not at its conclusion.

As outlined in the statement by Attorney General Saud Al Mojeb, so far 208 individuals have been arrested, with seven subsequently released without charge. All those detained have had their rights respected and will be afforded due process. They are being handled sensitively and responsibly.

Given the magnitude of the allegations, we have suspended the personal bank accounts of those charged. But we have taken steps to ensure that the companies they own continue to operate normally, and investors will remain unaffected by these actions. Normal commercial activity continues.

As we diversify our economy beyond oil, we are looking to invest in our people and invest our assets so that we can support this process of change. Opportunity must become available to all in the kingdom.

Our young people, men and women, deserve and demand to live in a nation truly built for the 21st century. This is not about Saudi Arabia catching up; this is about Saudi Arabia shifting to the forefront of development, in partnership and collaboration with the international community of nations, investors and people. For too long Saudi Arabia has been behind the curve. Now we are determined not just to catch up, but move ahead of it.

This is a watershed moment. The old ways have ceased to be sustainable long ago and must be replaced. The new way will offer a predictable long-term approach and transparent business environment for investors, who will be surprised by the burgeoning talent and potential of our young people. There is no going back.

Saudi Arabia is changing. The message is clear and the goals are defined. We are serious, and we are committed to this process, in letter and spirit. We will not avoid the difficult short-term decisions if they mean delivering the essential long-term goals of a thriving economy, a vibrant society and a responsible nation.

Mr. Qasabi is the Saudi minister of commerce and investment.

Sure thing, Buddy. :jerkbag:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Saudi arabia and the gulf in general have this very warped view of what development is, they want to have the tall buildings and capitalist economy and shiny streets without any sort of human or civil development at all. that's why there is never going to be any large innovation or art-based culture no matter how many buzzwords and poo poo they throw money at, because a scared and censored population are too busy being alienated than actually bother with producing artistic works that they mught end up punished for or make innovative products they lack any vision or non-royal capital to produce. Kuwait is different and I would argue they are the most advanced civil-society wise of all the gulf countries, which is why they dont do any hare-brained development poo poo, because they actually have to account for it in their semi-parliament so the money is better managed.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 15, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Good article about how KSA is floundering in its fight against Iranian influence and why they keep failing:-

https://twitter.com/mazmhussain/status/931528631813394432

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Well now we now what's going on at the ritz Carlton

https://twitter.com/ahmed/status/931465624890552320

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/joyce_karam/status/932983929438687234

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/rulajebreal/status/933399724446666759

Once again, arab fascists lose every strategic challenge place it, and once again it is their people who will pay the highest price,

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 22, 2017

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I dont get why the syrian government would have objections to their own policies of bombing public spaces, bread lines and religious sites all the time.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I wish thomas friedman would just die already, he's such an irredeemable piece of poo poo hack. gently caress that guy.

I'm reading the article now. Holy poo poo this loving guy just made a hamilton reference I loving hate this rear end in a top hat.

Also I love how this slack jawed piece of poo poo rube walks up to people and thinks he'll get any other response than total support and then he takes that as proof of support. I'm not surprised that the same idiot piece of poo poo assholes who hired brett stephens also hired this guy.

THE ARAB SPRING WAS VIOLENTLY RAPED AND MURDERED BY SAUDI ARABIA, THE US, RUSSIA AND IRAN, WHAT IS THIS loving rear end in a top hat EVEN TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!

RandomPauI posted:

The reasons why the Arab Spring failed isn't because of violent suppression. It's because the public's desire for change wasn't government lead and sanctioned!

What this loving hack doesnt understand that because the arab spring was so brutally murdered they've pretty much killed any possibility of peaceful reform, There's GOING to be a violent and completely merciless revolution a couple decades from now that wont be liberal and will absolutely see hundreds of thousands more people killed and everybody who even whiffs support for the current order will be guillotined without trial, this loving rear end in a top hat doesnt realize that the only real chance for a peaceful transition of power has come and gone. the arab democrats and everyone else interested in change (including non-democratic and illiberal forces like the crazed fundamentalists) are already drawing up the lists and groups of people and numbers of officers they'll need to kill to change the region for good. holy poo poo you guys have no loving idea what kind of blood bonanza is on the horizon thanks to the absolute brutality with which arab fascism decided to treat it's people when they tried to let them go easy.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Oh what's this? The fascist animals who run Egypt are incompetent pieces of poo poo who are the source of the cancer? Wow.

Btw in case you guys forgot Ayman al zawahiri was a direct product of the Egyptian fascist police state torture system.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Randarkman posted:

I generally like you Al-Saqr, but be careful about stringing together too many of those words (fascist, police state, torture, system, etc) or you'll end up sounding like Francis E. Dec, Esq.

Ok.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I could say a lot about Robert Fisk but this article is incredibly spot on.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/jricole/status/934315235489456128

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sinteres posted:

I'm deliberately not quoting in case you decide to edit, but at this point you really seem to be out on a limb way past the kinds of things people used to say "stop trying to get Al Saqr killed" about. Posting anonymously on a dead American forum probably isn't the biggest threat to MBS, but even using that particular phrase ironically seems ill advised.

Fine. I'll change the posts.

I'm fine, don't worry about me.