Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

How ineffectual is the rest of the royal family that a that a prince like MBS managed to secure power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The Saudis can't win a war in Yemen much less Lebanon, or are they just going to covertly back the Israelis? That war stalemated too, and that was before an entire generation of Israeli soldiers first combat experience was preteens with rocks.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is this supposed to another GCC masterstroke or are they going to be tacitly backing some dumbass Israeli incursion? Because that's what all successful Saudi monarchs have done, start multiple wars and (more openly) support Israel. I'm sure the Salafists and the tribesman whose welfare gets cut off are going to love this poo poo.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Brown Moses posted:

Although no-one appears to give a poo poo anymore, the OPCW-FFM just released a report detailing the use of Sarin in an incident a week before the April 4th Khan Sheikhoun attack. Unusually they included lots of photos of debris recovered from the site, some of which indicates the same bomb was used in Khan Sheikhoun and this earlier attack, and the Sarin used has one of the chemical markers that the OPCW-UN JIM stated was an indication the Sarin was Syrian government produced. I wrote a bunch of poo poo about it here

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2017/11/09/fresh-evidence-sarin-use-syrian-government-forces-opcw/

Something something the lion Assad. Out of curiosity, what if anything has the US under Trump said about Syria wrt chemical weapons?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so would i, but i doubt KSA royals are that smart.

They or the UAE tried to pull a coup by mercenary group against Qatar in the 90's. It consisted of a bunch of Colombians getting lost in the desert while a group fast boated into Doha harbor, couldn't read the signs, asked for directions to the palace and were promptly arrested.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm more curious how anyone is loyal to Saleh. How many groups has he used to try and reclaim power?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Mohammad bin Salman is a loving moron.

https://twitter.com/AlSuraEnglish/status/946789594141462528

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

OhFunny posted:

If that's true what on Earth is the end goal of deposing King Abdullah? How does it benefit Saudi Arabia to potentially destabilize neutral Jordan?

MBS wants puppet states, not diplomatic allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Best way to counter Iran's growing hegemony is to alienate all my allies and non-aligned countries. *Taps head three times.*