Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should win the first primary?
This poll is closed.
Glark Stoben 2 7.41%
Horrostein's Monster 12 44.44%
Tryx Goblok 6 22.22%
Syndra Grassgly 7 25.93%
Total: 27 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Welcome to Fan'Tasy Relm!

Fan'Tasy Relm is an extremely original and creative world filled with made-up races, including Goblins, Dryads, Dusk Elves, Undead, and Gorcs. Unfortunately, due to their post-imperial society requiring that their people don't revolt under terrible labor conditions, they've made the enormous mistake of trusting their folk in electing their represntatives. That's right, they live in a democracy!

Well, what does that mean?

It means they have to determine the fate of their horrible, rotten country by picking some sort of loving idiot, that's what.

Oh wait, they can't. Uhh, something went wrong. See, they hosed up and accidentally created an oligarchy. That means you, the rich masterminds behind this fantastic fantasy Fan'Tasy Relm get to choose their elected representatives for them!

gently caress.

So here's the deal. There's a two party system and a general election. Due to some sort of lovely mishap, only one party can elect a person at a time.

Here are the candidates:

Glark Stoben
Known wiz-bro. Survives only on a diet of the blood of youth (not vampiristic) and diet energy drinks. The world's first billionaire (extremely vampiristic) Gorc.

Horrostein's Monster
Believes in brains-for-all. Skin drier than the Sor'Aha Desert. Due to resurrection laws, is only considered not-living by mere technicality. Extremely undead.

Tryx Goblok
Goblin-esque, but actually just a normal person with a hosed up disease called Sociopathy. Already has the Goblin vote on lock. Extremely hip with goblin memes. Not a goblin.

Syndra Grassgly
Just your average run-of-the-mill working class Dryad with a social sciences degree and nature deity for a wife. Scowls around small children. Can't locate Tyrin'Stol on the world map.

---

Okay, that's cool, but uhh. How will you determine who is the best person to vote for? Well, you could vote blindly like a complete idiot, OR you could ask a question about a candidate. Unfortunately, the average voter, depicted here:

Will respond.

Ask away! Vote! Try and sway the electorate! I don't care!

anime was right has issued a correction as of 03:55 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also i hosed up the tag gently caress me

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Is Tryx Goblok a Goblin?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

What are the candidates views on the influx of elven refugees caused by their forest burning down, an even which totally doesnt involve our government

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I vote for Horrostein's Monster because gently caress you that's clearly reanimated BERNIE!!!!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

NecroMonster posted:

Is Tryx Goblok a Goblin?

He says he isn't, but I'm pretty sure he's a goblin.
\

Agean90 posted:

What are the candidates views on the influx of elven refugees caused by their forest burning down, an even which totally doesnt involve our government

Not racist enough for me.
\

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

If you sneeze and fart at the same time, will you die?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Question for all the candidates: what is are your stances on student loan forgiveness, the equal rights amendment, and ghosts?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a question that I'd like to hear all the candidates answer, are Kobolds lizard people or dog people?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RandomPauI posted:

Question for all the candidates: what is are your stances on student loan forgiveness, the equal rights amendment, and ghosts?

Goblok says he will forgive the student loans of all goblins, all goblins are created equal, and only goblins can be ghosts.
Grassgly scowled at me but promised that she would forgive all the student loans I, the average voter, do not have.
Horrostein's monster drooled incoherently before saying something about taking gold from all of the dragons.
Stoben merely said 'gently caress you'. I haven't seen him since.
\

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have a question that I'd like to hear all the candidates answer, are Kobolds lizard people or dog people?

Goblok said goblin.
Grassgly said dog.
Horrostein's said dog.
Stoben said lizard.
I say they should go back to where they came from!!
\

orb truther
Oct 29, 2007

How can I be sure Glark Stoben isn't going to abduct and drain all the blood from MY kids?

I'm just a working class peasant and I need those kids to tend goats, reap, etc.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

orb truther posted:

How can I be sure Glark Stoben isn't going to abduct and drain all the blood from MY kids?

I'm just a working class peasant and I need those kids to tend goats, reap, etc.

Well, he's a billionaire, which makes him a lot smarter than me. I think he'll figure it out.
\

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I already mail-in voted for Grassgly but I'm thinking of changing my vote. What are your stances on voters being allowed to change their votes on election day?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im liking this goblin guy, who, technically does not exist, therefore making him the best candidate

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh so there's no Dusk Elvish candidates huh? That's how we are doing it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Plutonis posted:

Oh so there's no Dusk Elvish candidates huh? That's how we are doing it.

there's four more candidates in the next primary, hold your unicorns

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

anime was right posted:

also i hosed up the tag gently caress me

what tag do you want

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Is brains-for-all some kind of education program

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

what tag do you want

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
which candidate is Jeb?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Concordat posted:

Is brains-for-all some kind of education program

I don't know, but it sounds elitist!
\

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

which candidate is Jeb?

next primary

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

NecroMonster posted:

Is Tryx Goblok a Goblin?

Problematic for you to assume that.

He's an ethnic gremlin

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
so i have to choose between Mark Cuban if he was out of the blood closet, zombie Bernie, Ted Ooze and Carly Faeorina/Jill Vine?

Agean90 posted:

Mage Tower 7 wasn't even in the blast radius of those two griffons with the sacks of combustion potions, so why does no one care that it also collapsed on Sept Ember 11th

The elves can't have done it, is what I'm saying, and it definitely wasn't the dusk elves that we raided afterwards, the same dusk elves that are largely law abiding refugees, good people who run our item shops and stock our granaries. So who is really to blame? What do the candidates think

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Oiled and Ready posted:

so i have to choose between Mark Cuban if he was out of the blood closet, zombie Bernie, Ted Ooze and Carly Faeorina/Jill Vine?

I don't know what you're talking about. This is Fan'Tasy Relm. None of those are real or even fictional people.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ij your opinion which of the candidates is the sexiest?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i need to know the candidate's positions on necromancy. inherently evil, or just a good way to use old bones?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Prav posted:

i need to know the candidate's positions on necromancy. inherently evil, or just a good way to use old bones?

Well that Goblok fellow is fine with it, but the life panel should only be comprised of goblins.
Grassgly thinks it's evil.
Horrostein's grumbled incoherently, when I asked.
Stoben? Stoben says there's just not enough good blood out there. Good. Very good.
\

NecroMonster posted:

ij your opinion which of the candidates is the sexiest?

The one with the hottest cans. Horrostein's Monster.
\

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

why should we trust Syndra Grassgly's "sciences" over good old-fashioned haruspicy and divination?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Satan y/n?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

anime was right posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. This is Fan'Tasy Relm. None of those are real or even fictional people.

classic misdirection, hmm i wonder why nobody wants to talk about the fact that high elves, our close allies, definitely blew up the mage towers and put a hole in the fkn citadel

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

how does Glark Stoben square our right to bear arms with the transmutation guild's recent restrictions on shape-changing rituals?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
What's the importance of Tyrin'Stol anyway?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

which candidate would you most like to be cucked by? Which candidate would you most like to cuck?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
im with Syndra Grassgly

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So uh, if it's "Horrostein's Monster", who's Horrostein? To what mysterious entity does our workers' rights candidate owe true fealty?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Seconded; I want to know the monster who is behind Horrostein's Monster, as it seems we're voting for his brand of politics rather than his shambling abomination's!!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

always

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Horrostein's Monster used to be pro-life, but after a change of heart he's now pro-choice. how will the candidate ensure that his platform stays consistent after any future organ replacements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Is there a type of magic that the candidates favor or admire? Similarly, what types of magic do the candidates wish to see eliminated or restricted?

• Locked thread