Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

I was on a nearly-empty L train from Brooklyn to Manhattan at 12:30a when a friend from WA texted me: "Can you believe this is happening???" I'd just spent the past 5 hours watching Black Mirror with my ex-girlfriend because we were too cool for the election. We knew for a fact that it was all just a neoliberal plot (Donald Trump? Seriously? You expect us to believe this is real?), a charade Hillary and Donald had cooked up a few years ago on one of their plane rides to Jeffrey Epstein's pedophile island. It seemed absurd and basic to actually care.

"What, are things looking bad?", I messaged back. I had checked the totals on my phone a few times and was always surprised to see that Trump's electoral count was usually above Hillary's, but that old "Oh they probably just haven't counted the West Coast yet" mantra kept me unconcerned. It just made ex-girlfriend and I joke around about how hilarious a world where Donald loving Trump became the loving President would be, in this sort of wistful way, while we watched Bryce Dallas Howard scream about people being reduced to five-star ratings.

Then my phone said: "If you consider Donald Trump being President 'bad', then yes, things are looking bad."

It was like going upside on a roller coaster. My stomach turned over, I felt the world change. Suddenly the train seemed unusually empty and malevolent. I realized that the blank looks of the handful of passengers wasn't just basic commuter fugue, it was shock. We were all barreling into a new reality.

I stumbled off at the Broad Street station, miles away from my Kips bay apartment. I wanted to see what the action on the street would be like. I'd been expecting to come home to gross Hillary revelers; instead I walked into a ghost town. One of the most densely populated areas on Earth, and not a soul in sight.

I hadn't planned it, but the Broad street station is right next to this edifice:

Standing there all alone, staring up at the golden name, I almost wanted to fall to my knees and scream "YOU MANIACS! YOU FINALLY DID IT! YOU BLEW IT UP!" Instead I just started laughing. Laughing and laughing. Trump is President. "Trump," I whispered. I put my hands in my pockets and walked away.

What was your election night like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tapine
Sep 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
half in the bag

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drinking heavily

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
dead in the ground

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

drinking a lot and hanging out in the cspam psptv room

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
depression, melancholy, alcoholism and copious amounts of drug abuse all crammed inside a tiny college dorm

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer
bad fever, vomit, diarrhea for a week. probably not related to the election result, but im not ruling it out either

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

financially racist posted:

I was at home, F5ing the d&d election thread, talking about how I thought the early results were really bad. A bunch of d&d allstars were talking down to everyone, because they expected Hillary to catch up in the states with later returns, so don't bitch about the early results, you're all arzying and Nate Silver is shook as a snow globe etc. As the night wore on, these nostradamuses had some pretty bad cognitive dissonance and got really nasty, so I just logged out and watched the returns on CNN. It was a bad day, but now I post on C-SPAM and life is good.

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Nite Crew

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I went to an election night party and didn't sleep until 7pm the next day.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
my job had a mini impromptu meeting the day after and ppl were shocked af

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

At first kind of enjoying the schadenfreude of having the all-but-certain Clinton victory crash and burn, and with it, their brand of weak sauce centrism. And then creeping guilt as reality sunk in. I think I drunkenly stared at the TV until dawn waiting for Ashton Kutcher to show up and tell us we'd been Punk'd

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I gave up when I realized that Clinton blew it and went to bed.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Helianthus Annuus posted:

bad fever, vomit, diarrhea for a week. probably not related to the election result, but im not ruling it out either

Weird, I got a stomach virus two days later

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I went up the Great Wall of China with my tour group that morning, expecting to read good news over lunch when I got toboggand down that afternoon. I actually learned about the to the results by looking at C-SPAM, having entirely missed the counting. Also a guy at the top overcharged me for water, which was really the worst thing to happen that day.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was running late, but the library was able to squeeze me in so I could cast my vote for Donald James Trump.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

pretty sure nothing before 1/1/1 AT exists op

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Blackout drunk with lucid bits of hysterical laughing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
my hot water heater exploded

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I had been following the election pretty closely by that point so I knew we were all hosed by like 9:30pm. I was angry with myself for letting blind faith in the polls and the fictional strength of Hillary's campaign overtake the inexorable doubt and worry I'd been harboring for the past six months. The only thing I took solace in were all the nasty and rude Hillarymen itt probably killing themselves /w alcohol a little faster than usual. I took the next day off and barely left the house for the next three days.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was high

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i woke up at 9:30 am hungover as gently caress in bangkok, its an exactly 12 hour difference so it was about 9:30 back home, and lay in bed in horror watching the NYT meter steadily go from 99% hillary to 99% trump. then i got insanely angry at hillary and posted a lot. had a bunch of europeans and thais constantly asking me how we could do this for rest of the day, and then week, and then month. worst hangover ever

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
In the cspam chat drunk as gently caress literally going :stonklol:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yossarian-22 posted:

pretty sure nothing before 1/1/1 AT exists op

11/8/16 in the old calendar falls long after the Day of the Escalator, friend

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i drank a lot and passed out before the results really came in so i found out the next morning by opening up facebook on my phone then felt weird and sick for like three days

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

tapine posted:

half in the bag

Taintrunner posted:

drinking heavily

financially racist posted:

mcclay posted:

alcoholism and copious amounts of drug abuse all crammed inside a tiny college dorm

Pepperoneedy posted:

Blackout drunk with lucid bits of hysterical laughing

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

In the cspam chat drunk as gently caress literally going :stonklol:

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i drank a lot and passed out before the results really came in

lmao cspam

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i hope the bottle of champagne I bought for the night lasts until he dies/quits/impeached/loses reelection, but Kissinger will probably die before that so I'll have to open it then

j/k he'll be president until 2024 and Kissinger is forever, just gonna drink it tonight

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i was in a statistics class, we talked about how polling could have gone so wrong statistically, then about an hour in to a 3 hour class the professor stopped class, ordered a bunch of pizza and went out for beer and wine

i spent the next 3 hours drinking beer and quietly laughing as we watched the returns come in, i couldn't stop laughing but one of the women in my program totally broke down and started crying as they started calling the final states trump needed to win

after class i went home and got super wasted

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I spent the day knocking on doors (which was valiant but in the end pointless; Everybody had voted already), went home, saw that things weren't going as planned, then retired to my room and watched Twitch streams for the rest of the night with the chat off. I didn't get the official result until I checked Google News early in the next morning (I ended up calling in sick to work).

I was pretty sure that Hillary would win it but not 100% sure -- I was one of the guys who toxxed for Trump in the toxx thread but then took it back. I think deep down I knew ahead of time though, since I spent the night before the election watching Apocalypse Now.

I've spent a lot of my days since then wondering when the bombs are going to drop.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

looooooooooollllll 11/8/16, gently caress man.

election night severely owned my dumb rear end. I was so drat :smug: that donnie was gonna lose bigly and his followers were gonna have their wretched dreams dashed before their eyes. because POLLS, right???:haw:

so I came home from work, prepared a big warm mug of spiced apple cider, got cozy in my jammies and blanket, and set up my fuckin ozymandias multi-screen viewing with live maps and different tv channels and poo poo. not only was I ready to watch this clown go down, I was ready to drink it in, minute by minute. I thought I was gonna go to bed with a belly full of cider and chud tears and have sweet dreams

but it was me. I was the clown who went down. the tears were mine. and I didn't get to sleep very well. AND gently caress I loving had to go to work the next day at my office full of good ol boy trump fans.

it was bad times

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
sitting at home on my bed, me and my group of close irl friends were on skype watching the msnbc youtube stream together. I got home early that night, I had gotten into a swear filled yelling contest with a TRUMP supporter at a bar the night before and had no desire of being at an election party.

i muted the msnbc and basically followed the whole thing through betting mkts, twitter, SA forums/reddit etc, and refreshed nyt reports on returns every 5 seconds

the moment when i knew trump won was when trump was up 30,000 votes or so in MI and on electionodds hillary falls to 50% odds to win

I wasn't that surprised that trump won, I did worry about a stock mkt crash

the day after I basically realized that trump prob wasn't all that different from a jeb or rubio presidency in terms of policy

I went to bed at 3 am or 4 am iirc after chatting for hours with my friends and laughing at how right BITCHELL was

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/796690904132308993

Typo has issued a correction as of 23:02 on Nov 8, 2017

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

I was pretty sure that Hillary would win it but not 100% sure -- I was one of the guys who toxxed for Trump in the toxx thread but then took it back. I think deep down I knew ahead of time though, since I spent the night before the election watching Apocalypse Now.

i toxxed for Trump since I figured the ban would line up nicely with the start of finals

which is why a few months later i had to drop out

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
I personally put TRUMP at 15% on nov 8 2016

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I was in my room eating chinese food, drinking beer and feeling lovely.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hating my teacher for sceduling the exam for the next day because I was in no mood to study now.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
also that loving dial on upshot

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I had to revise my hilarious plan to text my mother about how I voted against Hillary when the Donald actually won

(I voted for Gloria La Riva and I’m proud of it)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Had an election night party with friends. Glad I wasn't alone.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

layed off on the drinking a little early so i wouldnt get too dispair-wasted

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i went to a big movie theatre with popcorn and beers expecting a good old time and there were two brexit-jaded british guys behind us talking about how worried they were and going on about how the comey letter might have hosed hillary and i'm like "can you believe these jerk idiots?!" and then there were 4 hours of everyone in the theatre despairing except for the british guys who were just like "yeah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I was drunk as all gently caress and staring at the NY Times wobbly meter in amazement

• Locked thread