Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Updates in bold

1. Keep content work-safe. This rule is highly subjective and so, guess what? That gives us a lot of leeway in punishing you! No explicit art. No fetish art. No questionable art of canonically underage characters, even if they’re possessed by five thousand year old witches. Et cetera and so forth. Use your brains.

2. All images must be in [timg] tags. It doesn’t matter how many you are posting or what size they are.

3. No more than five pieces of fanart per post, whether you're posting embedded videos/tweets, images, or a mixture.

3a. If you are posting more than five images then put them in an imgur album and direct link to that instead of posting the images. It'd be good to include a description of what the album is a dump of too.

3b. All thread rules still apply to whatever images you post in an imgur album. Don’t try to be clever.

4. For Twitter links considering it's going to be a consistent embed size that's fine too.

4a. If you do link from twitter it is mandatory you check out the timeline of the poster and warn people if it's NSFW or not in case they click through

5. No double posting

6. If you have problem with content report it. This thread is not for slapfights and callouts

7. Did we mention all content must be work-safe?

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 12:57 on Feb 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

no

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Considering how bad this thread was it's going to be pretty strict and losing out on some "funny" stuff is a pretty small price to pay for a thread that's not a horrible cesspit.

Also you're the dude who was literally quoted a week ago talking about how it was difficult for you to relax and play games because Soul Calibur 2 made you and "lil mjolnir" too horny to focus. So yeah I'm sure you're real concerned about missing funny posts and not treating this thread like your personal spank bank.

Post relevant rule following content or don't post at all.

terrible fanart is still allowed and encouraged

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Post relevant rule following content or don't post at all.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Gee thanks for bringing that up again. That’s real cool of you.

All I’m saying is the Fanart thread is one of the few places that actually benefits from having few restrictions. Some of the funniest content comes from weird creepy NWS stuff.

What was so bad about the previous thread anyway? Apart from Captain Invictus not shutting the gently caress up about Undertale, I mean. I didn’t see what happened that got it closed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chatter is fine but I'm not discussing what you think the thread should be.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Everything gets timg. It is very good though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

YouTube is fine though I can't imagine there will be a huge amount of those links anyways.

For Twitter considering it's going to be a consistent embed size that's fine too. If you do link from twitter it is mandatory you check out the timeline of the poster and warn people if it's NSFW or not in case they click through. I'll add this to the OP as a rule.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Berserk and to be clear Griffith did quite a lot wrong.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Weird and bad are both fine provided they don't break the rules. If you made it yourself does it break the rules? That's literally all you have to do

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Extremely good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I watched AKIRA for the first time with a friend tonight and it was pretty good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ah yeds, Emmy, bring back the fan art thread. Just make some basic rules and it will be easy peasy lemon peas.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS WHAT CONTENT SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. PM ME IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS IT BUT DON'T CLUTTER UP THE THREAD BEGGING ME TO BRING BACK NSFW

I might add an FAQ to the rules but here are the responses to these grrrrrrrrrrreat questions for anyone who is wondering. If you want to discuss these answers PM me about them DO NOT REPLY in thread.

Calaveron posted:

Is it cheating if you post three fanarts and then a single tweet with three pieces as well

No because the tweet is the exact same size when it's embedded whether it has two or three images.

silentsnack posted:

We might need (moderator's) clarification on the apparent loophole(?) that seems explicitly allowed but sounds like an attempt to circumvent the rules: using a "____'s fanart dumpster" twitter account to host a bunch of mixed safe/unsafe material, and only linking safe posts. Wasn't planning on doing this either way because I don't care, but it might be convenient to spell it out clearly early on, rather than adding a new rule on page 79 after someone tries to get sneaky.

Imgur and twitter have different rules governing them because generally how they are used in this thread are different. Imgur albums you post are pretty much entirely under your control and twitter accounts aren't (unless it's your own). If you want to post an imgur album someone else posted but it has NSFW content that's easy. You can scroll to the bottom of the album and click the three dots beside the social media icons, download the album, quickly delete the NSFW images, then mass upload it again pretty quickly. You can't really do this with a tweet if it's someone else's account.

Now let's say someone has made their own account on twitter with the express intent of posting SFW tweets to the thread but having NSFW stuff on the timeline hoping to lure people their to look at NSFW art. Let's just assume that's extremely normal and not incredibly loving weird and stupid. If a poster is always posting tweets from the same account it'll end up being pretty noticeable and I'll check the account out myself and ask them to stop if it seems like a phony account. Even if it's not phony and they're sharing it a lot and it has super hosed up stuff on the timeline consistently they'll be asked to stop. If they continue it'll be punished and I don't really care if some creep thinks they're being probated unfairly.

silentsnack posted:

Yeah, there's also a lot of legit "art" art that would be prohibited due to nudity, such as Dali and Picasso paintings.

also this comparison between posting in the PYF fanart thread and Picasso hanging in museums is legitimately the stupidest post I have ever seen in PYF like goddamn it's so loving stupid.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite Moira comic so far is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've just started playing Revengeance and I didn't want to look up any fan art in case I got spoiled. I already know about the Senator and the ending NANOMACHINES but that's it really.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

God fcuk Griffith

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

shut the fuclk up holy poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm usually inclined to let people off with a last word after I tell a derail to stop if they provided content with it but that doens't mean continue this stupid poo poo for ten posts while posting content.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's such a mistake to have him without his armour :whitewater:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Direct link it

e: unless your problem is SA embeds now in which case what you did

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FillInTheBlank posted:

Yeah since SA auto embeds .mp4 and .gifv links which sucks cause no-one's gonna copy-paste a link in 2017.

Normally with their mp4s if you change the url to .gif it gives you a compressed but [timg]able gif, I tried that with yours but it wouldn't animate and I'm not sure why. Perhaps a weird edge case or that function doesn't work anymore? It was cute tho!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FillInTheBlank posted:

Maybe because I uploaded it directly from a .webm and didn't use their 'video-to-gif' function?

That could well be it! The mp4s I am used to getting from them is when I upload a HQ gif rather than a webm.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kojima retweeted himself as Jotaro. Checked the original TL and after a lot of scrolling found nothing NSFW

https://twitter.com/ThugKali/status/938887336510636032

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ACtually a school child talking about her chest size is a pretty weird thing for a group of people to be drawing and discussing so don't post that loving poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

the EArth is billiosn of years old you loving bitches

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who What Now posted:

The earth is quadrillions of years old in dog years.

No it's not! That's 6 orders of magnitude bigger not simply seven times bigger!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ACtually anything sexualising children is banned. Please move on and post content.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm going to clear any reports in the morning and any pictures in the last couple of pages that haven't been timg will be getting sixers so you can fix it before then. I tend to miss the ones breaking this rule because reading on my phone ignores timg but don't take this as meaning the rule isn't in effect. ty ty

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Twitter looked fine after a bunch of scrolling

https://twitter.com/paperbeatstweet/status/953327339353419776

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who What Now posted:

I don't think this should be a rule, but if people would be kind enough to post what their fanart is of that'd be cool.

Agreed! I thought it'd be a bit too severe to make it a rule but I do think for less common things it can help a lot.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Very excited for when I can make tweets the thread title in Xenfororno 20

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How To Draw Like Quentin Blake Tutorial

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's no NWS content in this thread and that includes linking externally. The OP says imgur albums in specific but you should use your heads. I hope you will take your time off to meditate on this. Also the very first post in this thread

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Can we post NWS stuff linked behind :nws: tags?

Cuz putting a total ban on NWS stuff excludes a lot of potentially funny pictures. Fanart threads are more fun when there are few rules.

I've been playing Before the Storm recently

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Feb 2, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Please keep in mind posts are limited to five pieces of fanart whether that's five images or a youtube video and four images. A video/tweet embed and five images doesn't count. I won't retroactively punish it because I am so kind and sweet.

Don't double post

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Are a combination of pictures and say, an imgur gallery okay? So like two timged pictures and a gallery of seven pictures?

Yeah that's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can we do five tweet embeds, each containing four pictures?

Yes as a tweet embed of a single image takes up the same space as a tweet embed of four images. However in this case it'd probably be better to bang them in an imgur album anyway for ease of reading with a link to the source twitter account.

Captain Invictus posted:

Do quoted images count towards the limit

No but there's rarely cause to quote someone else's post of five videos or whatever, if you want to reply directly to them just quoting them with links removed works as well imo.

Really your governing rule should be "have I made this post as condensed as possible?" as this improves everyones' reading experience in the thread.

• Locked thread