Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

I like the activity tracking and that I don’t have to carry my phone around the house. I’d probably spring for the cellular version and leave my phone at home a lot if it worked on my carrier and was a little cheaper a month than it is. I could actually see owning only a watch and not having a phone at all once voice assistants get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Do the knockoffs contain much cadmium?

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

I wish there was a way to disable tap to wake and force the watch to require a press on the crown. My watch keeps waking while I’m out on hikes and messing with playing music or podcasts, requiring me to stop what I’m doing and fix it.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204567

Says you have to keep it on the charger.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

I have a 42 but I’ll probably get a 38 next time.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

How much cadmium is in that?

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

We have that feature here in Vancouver but it’s not very accurate.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Fedule posted:

Opposite of a critical issue but my watch has not recorded wrist temperature data for several days now. I haven't changed how I use it and all other sleep tracking functionality appears to be working correctly. I want to say this started on the day I installed 10.1 but I can't swear to it. Anyone else encountered this?

I don’t have a temperature tracking capable watch, but a reboot often fixes things like this.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Under 80% I think.

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Haven’t tried the ultra, but the solo loop is bad for skin reactions. Not that the ultra has that band, but which band are you using? Does it look like the irritation is coming from the watch or the band?

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Kaddish posted:

Just got my Ultra 2 and found out they removed the pulse ox feature. :(

It’s so wildly inaccurate I don’t think it should have been included to start with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

Shutting off raise to wake also makes a big difference.