Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
For people having issues with Dark Sky, especially since upgrading, you might want to check the location permissions the app has on the iPhone. I had to go back in to the iPhone app and re-enable it to use location services at any time because it had changed for some reason to "only while using the app." That fixed all of my issues with the app and the complication is working as well as it always did (which is pretty well at showing the temp when rain isn't imminent).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Violator posted:

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I just discovered that if the screen is off then turning the crown will wake the screen up by brightening it up from 0%. And if you are in Theater Mode then turning the crown will raise the brightness and wherever you stop is how bright the screen is while you use the watch. Pretty neat.

This doesn't work on my Series 0. :confuoot:

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Try the airpods you can return them easy enough.

The stores usually have demo pairs they clean with alcohol between demos if you want to verify fit and sound quality

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Agronox posted:

You can’t anymore, can you? I thought they stopped making the S2.

Yeah, it’s just S3 and the S1 cheap option.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Over There posted:

Got a series 0 right now, probably going to be picking this one up.

Same. Especially since my battery is barely 8 hours at this point. Don’t see why S3 would want to though.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Has anyone done the Apple Watch trade-in, or is that new? I'm curious if they require the watch band or if I can keep it when getting a new Watch.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The video at the Timnote had someone opening a door with their watch. Is there an app that can do that? Can the watch mimic rfid?

It can do NFC, so you need a door lock that can do NFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

beergod posted:

These apps have been sitting like this since I got my new phone and watch last night. Anyone have an idea about what’s going on?

I had this happen to me; I unpaired and re-paired and everything installed and worked (that wasn't an ancient app that isn't supported anymore). I assumed it was a issue with my phone trying to reinstall all my apps on my new iPhone while also trying to set up pairing and app installation with the watch.