Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The constant posting into the void about it is getting pretty annoying as well.

Maybe start emailing Apple or give beta feedback or start a goddamned petition or something if it's bothering you that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ATT for the Apple Watch are loving garbage. 60$ in activation fees and surcharges. I'm loving done with them and switching over to Tmobile.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Activation should have been free, right? It was for me, at least. May want to call them, especially if you're on a corporate discount.

Not on a corporate discount, called, got hung up on, called again, denied. I just said gently caress it and switched to Tmobile and I didn't activate the watch. I don't think I used cellular more than once or twice the whole time and this is saving me money. I've been with them for 10 years and I've never been this pissed.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

One week with this "OEM" stainless link bracelet and loving it so far. Quality is very good, and it hasn't unclasped once. I went with he regular stainless, not the black so I can't speak to the quality of the paint on that one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C8NG2VW/

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Valen posted:

The S3 in general is so much faster than the S0 it isn’t funny. I went from a S0 to a S3 and apps launch nearly instantly. It’s actually useful for more than passively displaying mirrored notifications from the phone.

Wunderground is still slow as poo poo on the S3 though.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The wunderground watch app is slow and annoying and it makes me sad because I love wunderground.

E: I'm on a S3

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I just like the buzzes to make me look at the screen real quick so I can turn voice navigation off and not have my music/podcast interrupted. It's nice.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

zelah posted:

38 is fine for men with salad arms. 42s seem gigantic. Only way I’d get a 42 is if the actual body got a decent amount smaller

42 is comically small compared to the monstrosities watch people are wearing nowadays.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Pants Donkey posted:

How bad are third party silicon sports bands off Amazon? I kinda want some alternate colors to mix things up every now and then, but I wonder how a $10-15 band will differ from Apple's.

They're fine. Hell, all of my bands except the one that came with the watch are knockoffs (Milanese, link, silicon, and woven nylon).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I just want to say it's so loving nice going out for a run with just my watch and airpods and apartment key.

Also I'm just a beginner runner who's trying to run away unemployment depression and my god it just kicked my rear end.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

xzzy posted:

There are a billion 0-to-5k plans out there and they all do teach basically the same process. It's super surprising how fast you improve when you stick to one of them.. the intervals seem like they ramp up way too fast and there's no way you can keep up but then you hit week 7 or 8 and are doing uninterrupted 20 minute jogs and holy poo poo it works.

Hardest part is ignoring how fast/slow you're actually moving. All that matters is you finding a pace that lets you complete the workout. Once you're doing 30 minute runs that's when you start obsessing over how fast you're going in those 30 minutes.

I just set a mile run, started my playlist, started jogging, walked when it got to be too much and then ran again when ready.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Do any of the c25k apps work standalone on the watch? I did some research but all the discussion I found was from the S1/S2 days.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yeah the sport loop is on my list. I'm even thinking of getting a real one.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I've golfed two days in a row and goddamn I love The Grint on my watch. I'm still bad but it's nice to get estimations of my shot distance with my clubs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Anyone know where I can get some of the new spring bands cheap? Notably the blue stripe nylon and Nike khaki sport Loop?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

They don't need to be official? I usually buy 3rd party/knockoffs. I just want decent quality like no gaps.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Sadly no blue stripe but thank you!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I wonder if iCloud message sync means the messages app finally syncs with your phone?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Can confirm, messages do not sync.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Mine seem to be syncing? Had to plug the phone in, but now it's syncing. And I opened message on my mac and in that account's preference, I turned on messages in the cloud and told it to sync.

It's syncing phone to watch for you and vice versa? I've gotten sync to work between my iPad and phone but my watch isn't.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Why did I wait so long to get a sport loop. My lord this is nice. Thanks ebay knockoff seller!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

What seller?

burningredinus

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Apparently S0 is not getting watchOS 5.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Three Olives posted:

OK, am I missing something? My Apple Watch is completely up to date and I can't find the pride face anywhere.

It's in the watch app on your phone.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Bummer. Hope it's resolved for you. As a cis het white guy it's not something I'm comfortable using (in the sense that I don't want to invade things intended for Extremely Not Me), but I am very happy Apple is embracing it.

Just FYI, you can wear it and be an ally!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Best Buy has 50 off the S3 gps and I want to get one for my wife. Are the sales online usually the same in store? I want to go in because I have a 100$ visa gift card I want to put in on top of the 50 off.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tmo has been rock solid from NC to Maine for me.

I also love how my phone doesn't get stuck searching for a signal on the ATT towers when the 7 train comes out of the tunnel from Manhattan to Queens on my commute. With Tmo it's an instant 5 bars.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

There's a rumor the new model will have improved heart monitoring sensors. That might be important to you if you want to use it for fitness.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

xzzy posted:

I'm suddenly tired of America turning itself into a third world country, wife and I took a vacation to Europe this month and contactless just being a thing that works makes me feel like I crawled out of a cave.

There's a lot more cool with Europe but it's not really suitable for this thread. Not gonna be one of those "gently caress America I'm moving out" type people but man it's hard to be home.

Pros: universal healthcare and NHS, contactless payments, good food

Cons: the failure of neoliberalism leading to the reemergence of fascism, everything shuts down in August

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

xilni posted:

Mmm the NHS and good food do not exist in the same country

I mean, I could live on black pudding, but fair enough.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I really like that new watch face and I hope it's not series 4 only.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Dave posted:

Lol are you new to Apple?

Nope. But I can see them maybe letting us on the 33 have it dammit!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I got a real sport loop and it's very good.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m keeping the S3 until it breaks or gets murdered by software updates. I’m really, reall,y really looking forward to not having to say “hey siri” as a prompt anymore.

Same but I'm also extremely worried that the move to a 64bit processor is going to seriously shorten the life of the S3.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

loudog999 posted:

Sorry if this has been asked but I never wanted one of these so I've not kept up with the thread. For some reason my wife is wanting one now so I've decided to get her one for Christmas. Judging by the past models, will I be able to just walk in the store and buy one between now and then or are they going to be sold out and I need to order one now and hope?

You should be fine walking in once the launch hubub dies down.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://mobile.twitter.com/OvercastFM/status/1041352089644015616

:woop:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

My S3 battery life was hot garbage today. I'm gonna chalk it up to Overcast sync being poo poo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

dissss posted:

With a normal watch you can just glance at it when you're typing or whatever.

There's a clock on your screen?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If anyone's looking for a SS S3 cellular silver and a bunch of bands I'm selling it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908416&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

doingitwrong posted:

You should say what size it is. I’m guessing 42mm but I don’t think you say.

Goddamn thanks I forgot about that too. Yes it's 42mm cellular.