Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Xenomorph posted:

Turning off a faucet in my basement. The edge of the watch face scraped against a cement wall.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to clean it off with rubbing alcohol and a cloth. It very much seems scraped. If this is debris, I'd like to know how to clean it off.

Series 3, Space Black Stainless Steel. I had it for less than a month before scratching it.

FWIW, sapphire is MUCH MUCH harder than cement. It shouldn't have scratched it. I assume it will go away after a while. Or you have diamond cement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I have a knockoff loop band from amazon, and I love it, beside the fact the part that fits in the watch is a little loose, so when I get notifications it makes an annoying buzzing sound. That alone is really making me want to pony up $50 for a real one.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Duckman2008 posted:

Neither of my Apple sport loops ever had that problem.

I wish they'd come out with a loving solid black band, I don't mind paying to not have these loving things vibrate.

RoboCop 3 posted:

Did you buy this one, by any chance?

https://www.amazon.com/Vati-Sport-L...Vati+sport+loop

I just received one of those, and while it does feel a lot nicer than the sport band, I’m having the same problem with the lugs fitting loosely in the watch itself. Does anyone know if the Apple sport loop has this problem?

This one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078K4C12J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
My wife actually bought me a band as a gift recently and got the 38 because she thought my watch looked small on my wrist. It's the 42, so they're obviously not that loving big looking. I do wish it was a little thinner tho.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
My wife just gave me an Apple Watch 5 for my birthday. HOLY poo poo this is loving nice coming from a series 1. I didn't realize how much loving better these things got lol. The always-on display is the biggest deal probably, but wow this thing runs smooth, I didn't even realize my old one didn't until using this. The size of the display is more of a difference than I would have expected too, and it just looks nicer. The dB meter is slick too.

Anything I should look into that I couldn't do before? I know it has an ECG now, anything else major?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Taima posted:

Ideally the apple watch would have a sliding scale of features that you could modify to affect battery life.

Nothing fancy, just a power usage setting that would affect how often apps update, how much of the always on display is displayed in standby, etc.

That is not ideal for 99.9% of people. At all. It would cause more people problems than people it helps. Keeping the display at full brightness with everything updating constantly would last like an hour. That's objectively a terrible experience. The reason the always-on works at all is because the refresh rate is like once a second or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Jose Oquendo posted:

This is an extremely YMMV post, but the material the knock-offs use isn't quite the same as the Apple ones and you can tell they aren't manufactured as well. They don't feel same, which may be a dealbreaker for you (it is for me).

I've tried three random cheap ones over the years and only one was OKAY, still not great. The lugs are loving awful on every non-apple band I've tried.