Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
gently caress Thursday Night Football.
https://twitter.com/FanSportsClips/status/928838809692749824

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18272300/seattle-seahawks-cb-richard-sherman-blasts-nfl-thursday-games

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Its Rinaldo posted:

gently caress Thursday Night Football.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/0NugWZV.mp4

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
We need to immediately start injecting Russell Wilson with more nanobubbles to compensate for the death of our defense :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp, that's one more fun player I actually enjoyed left in this dumb bad evil sport that's done for the year

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 10, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shangri-Law School posted:

Here they caught the interception
Here it was they won the game
Here they sang about the playoffs
But the playoffs never came

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sherman - Achillies
Chancellor - Hot Brain
Thomas - Hammy

RIP Seattle

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeesh, gently caress TNF.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sherman - Achillies
Chancellor - Hot Brain
Thomas - Hammy

RIP Seattle

https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/928851343632080896

double rip

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sherman - Achillies
Chancellor - Hot Brain
Thomas - Hammy

RIP Seattle

Duane Brown left with a injury too. Same with Sheldon Richardson and Frank Clark.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Holy gently caress shut down TNF

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Chancellor - Hot Brain

Diggin this euphemism. CTE is fake news anyways.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Diggin this euphemism. CTE is fake news anyways.

This is what NHL coach Randy Carlyle actually believes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/randy-carlyle-has-some-theories-on-what-causes-concussions/

Randy Carlyle posted:

“I have a theory on concussions,” he said. “I think the reason there’s so much more of them — obviously the impact and the size of the equipment and the size of the player — but there’s another factor: everyone wears helmets, and under your skull when you have a helmet on, there’s a heat issue.

“Everyone sweats a lot more, the brain swells. The brain is closer to the skull. Think about it. Does it make sense? Common sense?” said Carlyle, who said he’d never talked to a doctor about his premise, which he was introduced to by Jim Pappin, the former Leaf who also played his career helmet free.

“I don’t know if it’s true, but that would be my theory. Heat expands and cold contracts. The brain is like a muscle, it’s pumping, it swells, it’s a lot closer to the outside of the skull.”

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why don't they play Thursday night games after a buy week? Cut two preseason games for starters and have more inter city training camp days where I can watch lovely players play other ones in scrimmages. Whatever I liked the replacement games.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

My idea for Thursday games is they should play them on Sundays

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Elephanthead posted:

Why don't they play Thursday night games after a buy week? Cut two preseason games for starters and have more inter city training camp days where I can watch lovely players play other ones in scrimmages. Whatever I liked the replacement games.

What I've heard is that's also a disadvantage, because then your bye week is shorter.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

My idea for Thursday games is they should play them on Sundays

:agreed:, this game is too violent to expect these guys to go on short rest.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The owners don't loving care though. They get their cash money from a third night of football airing unopposed to any other NFL games. As long as the ratings are there, they'll have TNF.

john donne
Apr 10, 2016

All suitors of all sorts themselves enthral;

So on his back lies this whale wantoning,

And in his gulf-like throat, sucks everything

That passeth near.
Statistically, thursday night games don't lead to more injuries than sunday night games.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cite your sources

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

iospace posted:

The owners don't loving care though. They get their cash money from a third night of football airing unopposed to any other NFL games. As long as the ratings are there, they'll have TNF.
Players probably arent giving up that money either.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929004088720846848

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

john donne posted:

Statistically, thursday night games don't lead to more injuries than sunday night games.

Thanks 3p0

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Diva Cupcake posted:

Players probably arent giving up that money either.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/929004088720846848

I think they'd take a less chance of getting hurt than money if all the high profile complaints are to be believed. Dunno though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Star players making big money might be for it. The lower half of the roster making $465k isn't chopping off 30% of their salary for a slightly lesser chance of injury.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Honestly I'd rather make the argument that helmets encourage more hits to the head, players would probably be more careful if they wore old timey leather helmets.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Diva Cupcake posted:

Star players making big money might be for it. The lower half of the roster making $465k isn't chopping off 30% of their salary for a slightly lesser chance of injury.

That's not what would happen if the cap was reduced :psyduck:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Diva Cupcake posted:

I, too, don't understand averages.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

iospace posted:

I think they'd take a less chance of getting hurt than money if all the high profile complaints are to be believed. Dunno though.

You'd think so, but it seems like Russell just tried to dodge the concussion protocol, and he already got his check for that game. I've only seen the hot takes though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Russell Wilson isn't going to let a shot to the chin damage his branding.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

that's 4% of the salary cap.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The loving Bills, man

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:pwn:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The bears should be sold and moved to San Diego

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Today drat well better be the last nail in John Fox's coffin.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Same old sorry-rear end Bears.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the bears couldn't beat the packers under these circumstances, they never will again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bring back trestman

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

R.D. Mangles posted:

bring back trestman

Move the Bears to Toronto and hire Trestman. Whatever voodoo he employs appears to only work in Canada.

• Locked thread