Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GobiasIndustries posted:

violently targeting other players, cheap-shotting other players, etc.: totally cool

raising your arm and brushing an official: GET THE gently caress OUT!

You forgot the most important part, is guilty of being Vontaze Burfict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

that ref, SUPER ready to toss that flag.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Vontaze Burfict denied our interview request. Laughed and said "I ain't got poo poo to say. gently caress everybody."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad Burfict's finally getting regularly punished, and hope it continues

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That ejection was bullshit.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
idk that looked like a pretty aggressive action against an official

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Juju is awesome

e: and Shazier

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams came out totally flat today, especially on offence. They need to come out of the gates swinging next week to have a chance at beating the Vikings in Minnesota.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans bad

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

JT Jag posted:

He got absolutely no help. Not only was the run stuffed, but he threw at least four deep (20+ yard) passes that were right on target and hit the receiver on the hands but were dropped.

Not to say he played great, he deffo melted down late, but his numbers coulda been way better

He also had a pick 6 dropped and another near pick 6. He was just pretty bad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How'd the lions look today? They put up about how many points I thought they would but I was expecting to keep Cleveland under 20 honestly.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

GobiasIndustries posted:

How'd the lions look today? They put up about how many points I thought they would but I was expecting to keep Cleveland under 20 honestly.

It was actually a close game until the Browns... Brownsed.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So ewok elliott is a pretty good teammate, finally gives in to the suspension and just says later guys I'm off on a 6 week vacation.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Well that wasn't super-surprising. Probably could have gotten a win without Zeke, but the injuries made that difficult task into a near-impossible one. If Smith can't go next week, it'll be La'el Collins at LT, which will probably mean Dak will get injured.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams came out totally flat today, especially on offence. They need to come out of the gates swinging next week to have a chance at beating the Vikings in Minnesota.

Yeah, I was a bit worried there in the begining. Then the Goff/Woods show took off and things were back on track.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well that wasn't super-surprising. Probably could have gotten a win without Zeke, but the injuries made that difficult task into a near-impossible one. If Smith can't go next week, it'll be La'el Collins at LT, which will probably mean Dak will get injured.

Yeah, y'all really need Smith back soon. Collins probably can't play LT at the NFL level, but that's probably still better than definitely knowing that neither Chaz Green nor Byron Bell can't.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Durandal1707 posted:

Collins probably can't play LT at the NFL level, but that's probably still better than definitely knowing that neither Chaz Green nor Byron Bell can't.

Well that and they go against an actually very good defensive line next week vs. the Eagles. It's not going to be good.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Today I spent a lot of time reflecting on Marvin's tenure going back to '03.

He's gone. First time I've ever thought he's gonna get ousted but I'd bet 1$ on it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well that and they go against an actually very good defensive line next week vs. the Eagles. It's not going to be good.

Yes it will

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

It was actually a close game until the Browns... Brownsed.

The Lions offense looked good outside of a handful of terrible drives to start the halves, but the Browns were able to run all over the defense, and Kizer didn't look completely terrible passing (And had a couple good runs as well) so the game stayed pretty close up until the 4th. Unfortunately for the Browns, however, Kizer went down from a big hit just when the game was tied 24-24, and Kessler was just murdered when he came in to replace him. Over the next few drives the Lions were then able to drive up the score, enough that the Browns couldn't come back even after Kizer came back into the game.

Edit: it didn't help that the Browns made some absolutely terrible coaching decisions, including a QB sneak 4 yards from the goal line with no timeouts and only a handful of seconds left in the half.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 13, 2017

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
That's weak as gently caress, but it's Burfict so I'm glad it happened.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Athanatos posted:

I still can't believe that *this* was what got Burfict ejected. He's such a piece of poo poo and it's amazing the NFL allows him to trot out onto the field every week but guys that smoke weed get multi-year bans

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

You missed the prior play, where he got a 15 yard UR call for a call so bad even the announcers said it was horse poo poo.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Even I, the most optimistic Saints fan, did not think they'd be 7-2 at this point in the season, especially after starting the season 0-2.

I'm even more shocked that Sean Payton has rediscovered what a running game can do.

But having a defense that resembles an NFL quality defense? That's the biggest shock of all.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Silly Burrito posted:

Even I, the most optimistic Saints fan, did not think they'd be 7-2 at this point in the season, especially after starting the season 0-2.

I'm even more shocked that Sean Payton has rediscovered what a running game can do.

But having a defense that resembles an NFL quality defense? That's the biggest shock of all.

Lattimore was a huge find for you guys.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys coaching staff found a way to be worse than Chaz Green. They were slow to react to Green getting nuked from orbit, and even then they didn't adjust much to shore up the left side, and then Dak is still out there playing, running for his life with 4 minutes left and down 20.

Yeah, just go ahead and get Dak injured you worthless sacks of poo poo. Jason Garrett is trash.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Barreft posted:

Juju is awesome

e: and Shazier

And AB who looked like he was gonna be held to less than 50 yards on the day somehow comes up with yet another game winning catch for 32 yards exactly when you need it the most. Plus vintage Ben making the throw out of the pocket with a DE draped on him

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/929876430439063552

:3:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Top 5 Manning Face today

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Both the Niners and Giants would easily beat the Texans as currently rostered

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Adrian Clayborn

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FizFashizzle posted:

lol Adrian Clayborn

The Cowboys gave him his bonus today. He had 2 sacks going into today's game, but all he needed was 6 to get another $250k on the year. God drat, dude's flying high right about now.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Cavauro posted:

Vontaze Burfict denied our interview request. Laughed and said "I ain't got poo poo to say. gently caress everybody."

a born steeler

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Titans gonna win the superbowl yall

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I don't encourage shoving the refs or anything but touching the ref shouldn't be an auto ejection either. I mean gently caress Burfict and all but he just got the refs arm off him

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Nodoze posted:

I don't encourage shoving the refs or anything but touching the ref shouldn't be an auto ejection either. I mean gently caress Burfict and all but he just got the refs arm off him

He didn't "touch" him, he knocked his arm up rather forcefully. The rules are pretty clear and why the gently caress is this forum defending Burfict?

also, this:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/929879551013875712

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Nodoze posted:

All things considered, I think strip club rules for refs is probably the safest bet

Last thing a league that doesn't know what a catch is needs is to have to figure out how much you can touch a ref before its bad

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

comeback player of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Its Rinaldo posted:

Top 5 Manning Face today

You can't say that and not post it

• Locked thread