Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

That is a pretty awesome pet crab you have there op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Hermit crab and anemone symbiosis ! :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYFALyP2e7U

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Lovin the crabs, the baby crickets will eat the hell out of some chunks of potato.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ContraBoss posted:

Precisely. Except the main difference is I feel bad if any of these things happen, and go out of my way to prevent them.

I snapped some proof that you really can get crabs to trust you and even like you like any other pet. Here's Jojo climbing into my hand for his evening exercise, which he LOVES! I basically let him crawl across one hand and put my other hand in front, repeatedly, like a makeshift treadmill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeQcVGtC6Q

You can hear my wife in the other room saying, "Honey, I don't know..." because she's deliberating on choosing an IUD. I'm probably just getting neutered anyways...

You are a good crabo daddo.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Have you been pinced OP?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I ran into a horseshoe crab orgy on christmas eve of 2016, Was out on a boat with some friends after dark and we pulled onto a small Island in the gulf,. There were hundreds everywhere! They were good crabos.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

That little crab looks like it is the embodiment of evil.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ContraBoss posted:

Need more crab in my life. You all probably do too... Here is Jojo trusting me(can't remember if I posted this or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeQcVGtC6Q

Also, Jojo used to fit into shells no bigger than a ping pong ball, but now he's a big boy and still growing. And with that, his tank is too small for exercise or enrichment, so I've been letting him roam around the room, since hermit crabs normally roam freely easily up to hundreds of feet. I can't always be around to supervise, so I finally got him a little exercise machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVRw2OwaTIk

I am getting a video unavailable message from youtube on your first vid. JoJo is looking cute

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

How do hermit crabs poop? Like i assume it comes out of their butts, but their butt is in the shell, do they crawl out of the shell to poop?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Weird.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Stuffed crab. GFs mom sent it a box of stuff from Alaska, I swioped in and clamed it.
And a curious dog.

I named it Crabcakes.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

He was picking out a movie on amazon . We are watching Rock n roll highschool.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I think those are prawns, pal.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ekuNNN posted:

My granpappy always used to say "if it's got claws it's a crab" and if those were words good enough to live by for granpappy they are good enough for me too :colbert:

Sounds good to me *sprinkles some old bay seasoning on a bowl of scorpions.".

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

ekuNNN posted:

I ate scorpion on a stick in china and they tasted good. (The scorpions tasted of nothing so they were basically just a vehicle for the delicious bbq spices they use. :ssh: )

So they are like corndogs but with pinchy bits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I like this one better, from back a page. Crabs are rad.