Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Not own, but control. So if you siege down Constantinople and Edirne during the war you can blockade those straits normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Good, now we can talk about Ming some more. :v:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

oddium posted:

not having to restart the game when i press a Back button

You're asking for too much

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

I had a Grombar campaign once where after a brief period being a powerhouse i suddenly got really poor and was struggling to catch up to my rivals.

Turns out the event that i had been clicking without reading, where minorities move to my high dev provinces gave 10% devastation or something insane like that every time. My capital had been sitting at 99% devastation for decades, oops.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Private Speech posted:

There's a couple different ones and I'm not sure if Grombar has any special ones, but I think only trolls cause devastation, the rest mostly add autonomy (and sometimes increase development too). Still kindof bad but not necessarily the worst, as long as you remember to decrease it later.

Oh yeah, my bad, it was autonomy, not devastation. Mostly from goblins and orcs. Absolutely sucked because my two highest dev provinces were generating 0 income and manpower. Read event effects, folks!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Hmm, just in this dev diary they have mentioned Legitimacy, Republican Tradition, Devotion, Horde Unity, Country Rank, Government Reforms, Estates, Parliament and Admnistrative Efficiency. I wonder what game will this be.

(Simply officially announce it at this point, lmao)

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Nobody plays Crusader Kings past 1300 too so might as well.

Make March of the Eagles a main PDX title going from 1750-1836.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/tinto-talks-5-march-27th-2024.1647775/

EUV Estates talk

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

The individual locations seem to be about the size of Andorra. Which, Johan said, is on the map as a playable tag, by the way.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Detheros posted:

Looking forward to the inevitable Voltaire's Nightmare mod melting all cpus made before 2035 :v:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Trois Eveches WC achievement.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

So, i asked some questions in the comments but the dev diary made me a bit confused about the workings of Control.

Previously i thought Control measured exclusively the Court's ability to exploit the provinces. What i got was that low control would result in estates getting away with untaxed gold.

From this dev diary and Johan's posts, it's the estates that exploit a province based on how much control you have, and their money is then taxed by the Court. So a province with low control means estates are generating less money. So in this picture:

0.42 gold is being generated and fed to your estates. The remaining 0.34 that could be generated effectively does not exist, it never enters the world's economy. Instead, rebels check for low control, and lower control means stronger and more frequent rebellions.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Yeah, it's what i'm getting too. Obviously Control is an abstraction, so if you question too much it falls apart. The weird unintuitive bit is what happens when you conquer a province. I'll adapt an example i saw in the comments:

Imagine Riga is an OPM. Because control is 100% in the capital, Riga's estates can capture all of the province's possible wealth.

Now imagine that Riga was diplo annexed by the Teutonic Order. Because the province is now subject to the Teutonic Order's Control, and Control loses effectiveness with distance from the capital, Riga's Control now sits at 50%. Because uncontrolled wealth is lost to the economy, this means that the province has become 50% poorer overnight.

You can justify this with a simple head canon, like you did: in real life what would happen is that the remaining wealth would stay at the hands of local elites that aren't assimilated to the state's administration. But it's unintuitive and weird, because the global market has lost the wealth too.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

I think it's more that the locals would still be buying food, importing/exporting goods, moving the economy in some way that affects the market. In this case it seems they don't.

I fully concede that this doesn't matter much and i'll roll with it when playing the game.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Anbennar will definitely make it to EU5. I think some modders got early access to CK3, Anbennar would be ideal for that.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Who are these locals? 80-90% of people were farmers or support functions, neither of which would need much interaction with the broader economy to function. Probably even higher percentages in a lot of low-control locations. And it's not like 50% (or 13% or whatever low number you can tumble down it) is no interaction at all, it just means trade is happening more locally.

In this case i was thinking of local nobles, high clergy and burghers who would still have luxury needs but i'm definitely thinking about this too hard so i'll drop it.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Edit: I keep thinking commoners and burghers are a single estate in the game but they are separate.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 18, 2024