Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad Paradox made the overpowered Mughals. I finally went for a world conquest and I loved not having to bother about rebels, unlike in my previous attempts where I'd get bored trying to hunt them down popping out god knows where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Sephyr posted:

Gah, so drat jealous. I've never gotten even close to a world conquest run. Any tips on pointers to how this went?

General tips:
1. Focus on one religion and region (culture group especially) at a time to manage aggressive expansion. So for example: kill off Muslims in India then Arabia, then Russia/ Eastern religions. I went to Europe last and started with (catholic) Iberia, then basically the only reformed country - France, Anglican UK and back to catholics. I killed the HRE last, because I faced a protestant empire with Brandenburg at the helm with around 12 morale.

2. Timur specific - check Arumba's guide. Most of it is somewhat obvious, though on my first attempt, I wasn't aware you could suck so much vassal income that they'd you could fix the liberty desire by paying back their loans with their own money.

3. Most of the expansion comes later, when you get absolutlism (I grew mine really slowly so it was far from optimal) and imperialism (though religious ideas would work as well)

4. Try to get (any) European province somewhat early and don't fully core too many provinces in India. Move capitol to Europe and get that sweet trade company cash.

Edit: Also when I had roughly 1k development I tried to touch Ming (by abusing their tributaries' alliances). They hung around for around 20 years before exploding (without me fighting them).

mmkay fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 12, 2018

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

Just had a coalition of five Sunni nations get dropped after I loaded my Ottoman save and the month rolled over. :wtc:

Oh hey, figured it out. The opinion malus from aggressive expansion ticked down just enough for over half of them to have positive relations. Guess it's time to roll over Mamluks!

Also reloading causes the AI to recalculate stuff. So if you just finished a different war you can save, reload and cause the coalition to collapse (or actually declare war on you I guess).

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Groke posted:

Give the AI savescumming and ragequitting options for a more realistic playing experience?

Maybe CTD is actually AI savescumming.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

TTBF posted:

Potatoes are from the Americas.

I thought about this point too, but the Witcher world isn't on literally Earth, so I was unsure what was so funny about it.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Shibby0709 posted:

You also aren't a Horde anymore (even if you retain your Horde mechanics) so you can't get the achievement for owning lots of cattle/grain provinces. At least, that's what happened to me.

It was fixed a patch or two ago.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I'm seriously considering this, as Switzerlake means my expansion choices are severely curtailed but my other big ally is hosed

You can expand into coastal provinces to get access to new areas and then release them as a vassal when you're ready to get the achievement.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Sephyr posted:

But the holy war casus belli is so nice early on! So many heretics on all sides.

Besides, given Russia's cash troubles, the Religious missionary strength and half-cost conversion really amounts to a lot of savings when you are dealing with so many provinces.

Humanism gains you tons of money too, since you don't have to deal with rebellions as often. Also, you can get both if you want.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

1961 development in 1578. I wonder if I can take this to a world conquest? My rivals in Ottomans, Ming, and Russia aren't doing all that well.

It's optimal to do Court and Country immediately, right? At least as soon as I can get my absolutism up there.

Sure it's possible, try to get the Hindustan culture group bonus before Absolutism, for that extra -10% core creation cost (and I also hope you have Administrative and preferably Humanism)

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What's so bad about doing a WC? I guess microing all those late game wars going on at once would be a real pain.

I usually went one or two wars at a time, but most of the time it's rebels. Thankfully those are really kept at a minimum with Mughals, especially if you get some -War Exhaustion policy you can be in a forever war without ever experiencing unrest.
Edit: I also disliked fully annexing colonisers, especially if you don't have the whole world revealed. I had to go to the main menu, check for any province names that I might have missed and retry a peace deal, since there was no annex everything button and the colonial nations' provinces were polluting the list.

mmkay fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 19, 2019

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Groke posted:

Also he got one wrong answer on an informal quiz because he thought the biggest country in the world was Austria. So it goes.

:sever:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Paradox pls add "I, in my great and unmatched wisdom..." as the new "Comet Sighted!" option if you have a 0/0/0 leader

Crossposting request from USPOL.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Also FlorryWorry, except it was American one culture run.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Finally, a true stateless society :anarchists:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, the trick is to attack one religious+cultural group at a time and drive them to extinction so you never have to worry about coalitions.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Still, the best way to deal with coalitions is to not let them form in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

TaurusTorus posted:

I'm really hoping Imperator gets the Crusader Kings treatment and they take a mediocre but promising game and make an amazing sequel.

Imperator was that sequel to EU: Rome.