Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Honestly the religious/cultural conversion process needs a complete overhaul. Pressing a button, waiting a long time, maybe get a revolt, completes and some numbers go up. It's not engaging. And it makes more sense as a country level thing than as the ruler of the nation prosecuting one specific province of a religion and all the rest are left alone. Maybe like just make a policy thing you can set per religion/culture like Tolerant/Passive Oppression/Active Oppression. Make Active Oppression kind of like a player initiated disaster if the number of wrong religion provinces is too high, getting events from right religion provinces pledging support, wrong ones revolting or becoming less productive etc‚ giving the opportunity for foreign nations to intervene rarely and such. Passive giving a random mtth conversion chance per province but has more bad events that aren't revolts. Tolerant not doing much domestically but decreasing foreign opinions and increasing likelihood of centers of reformation spawning and maybe refugee events. Maybe culture/tag/era specific ones like Inquisition, Encourage Colonial Migration (Colonial nations really need more religious/cultural diversity), Encourage Diversity etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Beamed posted:

Jesus, Johan must have lost a war in one of the beta MP games. Nerfed Quality and Innovative policy from 20% infantry combat to 5%.

I think this is the 2-3rd time they've done a general nerf of combat bonuses. I feel like it's way more fun to go the opposite direction and balance around a bunch of big numbers instead of making everything a small incremental bonus.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What would an EU5 do better besides theoretically performing better?

Making trade more dynamic would be the huge thing. Also pops I guess (technically isn't development just pops with no skin? Give each point of dev a culture/religion and you are set) .

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Firebatgyro posted:

Good intentions, bad execution

Europa Universalis 4: The worst intentions, the best executions

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Poil posted:

Profits now! Now now now! Think of the poor shareholders!

Yep, the shift in the company after it went public was extremely noticeable. As always, the instant shareholders became involved everything went straight off a cliff in search of short term profit.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah, Imperator was a technically competent game with no major problems at release. It just wasn't fun. It's made huge improvements and is actually good now, which makes it a shame it's being dumped. As far as forums, everyone knows the paradox forums have been a cesspit for years. The solution to that is heavier moderation, not talking about how rude they are. The Paradox devs have always been a bit too focused on direct feedback and taking it personally tbh, they could stand to take a step back.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I mean, I appreciate the sentiment, and that he didn't throw the Barcelona team under the bus.

If Leviathan was intended to be the final expansion and their plans were to fix bugs and wrap up...not delaying seems like an extremely odd choice. Honestly just gives me more questions.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

pdxjohan posted:

It was never supposed to be the last one.

Ah my bad, sorry. Thanks for the statement.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Affi posted:

So can you see which provinces have monuments and will you ever be able to build them yourself?

The closest thing is the ledger page which shows what province they are in. But not who owns them, it doesn't link to the province for you to easily find..so you have to close out of it and search the province manually. Or look up a map online, since there's no mapmode that shows them and your only other choice is looking at each province individually. It's really dumb.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Affi posted:

How do I get rid of slavery in my nation the fastest? As before playing as Ethiopia and there's a national mission to exploit slavery. Fine. It happened. I just won't press it. But where's the decision to abolish it?

A strong, centralised, almost world power Ethiopia wouldn't sell their own citizens I'd think.

Do I have to grab the humanist idea group? Because I will.

Outside of mods the decision only becomes available in the Age of Revolutions and you need a 3 adm ruler, so unfortunately no fast way to do it.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

There's a Steam sale on all EU4 stuff, excepting Leviathan, that ends July 8th. Personally I'm still missing a few expansions and I think it boils down to a choice between Cradle of Civilization or Mandate of Heaven. Can you guys recommend one over the other?

Mandate has the diplomatic macrobuilder and ages. Plus the Manchu/Japan content is pretty fun. I'd take it over Cradle unless you really want to play Egypt/Persia.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Affi posted:

What the gently caress is the diplomatic macrobuilder?

It's a big list of every diplo action in the game and it tells you which countries will accept and you can click them in the list or on the map. So you can find good alliances, find out if someone wants to be vassalized, or get mass military access easily. It also lets you auto-assign diplomats to increase relatrons with neighbors/allies/threatened nations. Huge QoL increase that's ridiculous to have hidden in a DLC.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

ilitarist posted:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/eu4-development-diary-7th-of-september-2021.1489871/

Mali missions.

As Mali you can destroy European economy. Even with a disclaimer and limited effect on player countries I think it's dumb.

I think you mean it rules! The gold thing is only for 15 years and the inflation depends on how much of the economy is trade based (and you have to be dominating trade to use it so you're reducing their own income). Absolutely doing a Mali playthrough after that comes out.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I don't think they ever fixed the big problems with it. Like the province/dev density is way, way lower than vanilla which messes with balance. Trade routes are also iffy. And there's only a few tiles that are truly interesting anyway.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Sampatrick posted:

I like Monuments and think they add some pretty neat additional layers to how you choose to expand. It's also just obviously a way better system than triggered modifiers lol.

I actually do like monuments, the main issues I have are that there's no easy way to find them (for some reason they never made a mapmode?) and that so many of them are so specific on activation requirements that it just makes them an upgradeable national idea rather than like a conquering bonus. If there was some really expensive way to make monuments work no matter your culture or something then that'd be cool.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Groke posted:

There is a "Great Projects" mapmode.

Oh right it was added in a patch. I played a bunch a bit after Leviathan's release but it's been awhile since I've played.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I like missions but I think the entire interface for them really sucks. It's just a big block of icons you have to hover over and it's not especially readable or easy to parse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

one of the forum posts on a tinto talks confirmed no vic3 style war.

Boo. That's the best thing about Vic3, even if it's still imperfect.