Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Poil posted:

You arrive at Rome to show the pope who should rule Italy. It's early in the morning and dead quiet. Suddenly the gates open and a religious procession slowly makes it way towards your lines. Is it a diplomatic enjoy to discuss terms of surrender? Nope it's loving kung fu deacons coming to mess up your poo poo and ruin your day.

Also if you can make the voyage in 30 days you take no attrition if you leave on the first.

Each seazone you enter is 1 attrition tick for loaded units now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Honestly the problem isn’t with DotF, it’s every war being WW2. Spain might send a fleet to help Genoa if Ottomans come for Crimea, and similarly Ottos should send a fleet if Spain goes for Tlemcen.

But in EU both wars might need to be ended with 500k dead and a global power’s capital sacked.

Thats why in Imperator i made so that if you held your wargoal for X time you could enforce peace for it, or if you had stopped the attacker from taking it you could enforce a whitepeace

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Poil posted:

Even here? :(

(blue line marks the path the AI army casually walked, my fort was at full maintenance for years before I declared the war)

And how do they sometimes get access through third party nations and I don't? I've even had an army randomly get force exiled in the middle of a country during a war as I suddenly lost military access because the AI somehow cancelled it. Also the AI can occasionally keep fleets safe during war indefinitely by repeatably canceling the move order when it gets kicked out from port when the province gets occupied.

Pathing and access check is separate.

Hälsingland might be accessible due to Stockholm there being a swedish province, i cant recall rules.

Imperator has a ”lets not have weird exceptions logic to avoid armies getting trapped” rule, and instead have shattered retreat button incase you get stuck.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Nova69 posted:

The DLCs often containing new buttons which give marginal bonuses/penalities is a bit of a shame, but as the team is mostly new employees and they're working with a 7+ year old codebase there's only so much they can do, on the dev diary forum posts the team gets a lot of flak for not releasing more comphrensive reworks which doesn't seem fair as it's not likely their call at the end of the day.
7?

Eu4 was built upon eu3, and i coded the core stuff for that game in 2005. So thats basically a 16 year old architecture, that also includes code from original eu1/eu2 at places..

The code itself is not really the main problem, but the sheer amount of features from a design perspective.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

AnoHito posted:

If so, the Stockholm employees have got to be licking their lips right about now.

"Oh, so you can just outsource everything anytime you want, you say?"

Tinto has a CBA as well.

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Zeron posted:

If Leviathan was intended to be the final expansion and their plans were to fix bugs and wrap up...not delaying seems like an extremely odd choice. Honestly just gives me more questions.

It was never supposed to be the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Wtf? Where did you get that prealpha screenshot ?