Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrTargetPractice posted:

The website is down and I just got an update on my launcher. looks like they're doing something... or running away with our money.

You could always just play YO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We ought to determine who does what so we can hammer out our crafting builds asap. 2-4 of each profession is preferred setup if we got the people.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

SabinBlitz posted:

EU is still up. I had to switch from NA download to EU download. Once it's done I'll just change the file names to NA instead of EU. Easy fix.

What file do you need to rename?

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Phi230 posted:

We ought to determine who does what so we can hammer out our crafting builds asap. 2-4 of each profession is preferred setup if we got the people.

I'd like to do blacksmithing and mining I guess.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
I was SUPER into Darkfall. Wurm Online had nothing on Darkfall.

Speaking of Darkfall. All the super care bear, holier than thou Guilds from Darkfall - The Hyperion Alliance including the Dutchy of Wessex are in this. They are all poo poo lords and they are KOS for me.

Edit: For crafting I'll just start with Hunting I guess - Is this WIKI up to date? - https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Skill

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrTargetPractice posted:

I'd like to do blacksmithing and mining I guess.

Unfortunately due to the skill cap you either smith or mine

Some guild made "profession cards" that are like quick references for builds. I'll find them

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty much it's one skill tree per person, ideally.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Can you go full Erebor and hollow out a mountain?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

7c Nickel posted:

Can you go full Erebor and hollow out a mountain?

Short answer no

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I'll assume we'll need someone with mining before there can be a smith so I'll start out on that.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So like your skill cap is 400.

So a "smith" would be approximately following:

Artisan 60
Materials Prep 60
Smelting 90
Forging 90
Armor Smithing 90

Additionally, we need more carpenters than constructors. You only need like one constructor, to plan out the buildings sine everyone can actually build them once planned; but most buildings require a ton of materials produced by carpentry. Also needs furniture.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It really does take a village to produce materials since most things require materials and support from a variety of professions

Like it takes about 7+ people to provide enough infrastructure to make basic armor or even metal materials like nails

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I could slowly level hunting and carpentry and then as things get going slowly transfer skills from carpentry back into hunting. I don't see a downside to dual leveling this early in the game but it will be necessary to focus on one skill sooner or later I agree

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Thank Gorb they added horse carts as well, this is long-term but before we undertake any sort of large project like stone walls or large warehouses/houses in general, we should ideally have 2 or 3 horse carts.

A few of us are heading towards a body of water we lovingly call Space Baby Lake to scout, the northwestern most lake on the mainland that kinda looks like a fetus.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The very first things we ought to do is just terraform our compound > put up a monument > build walls

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Tyme posted:

Thank Gorb they added horse carts as well, this is long-term but before we undertake any sort of large project like stone walls or large warehouses/houses in general, we should ideally have 2 or 3 horse carts.

A few of us are heading towards a body of water we lovingly call Space Baby Lake to scout, the northwestern most lake on the mainland that kinda looks like a fetus.

What's the current date in game? Ought to find out how long we got till winter. How long is the day/night cycle?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

No clue, I never explored farming in YO either.

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!

SabinBlitz posted:

Here is a map of the mainland. To the right is the "freebie" island.

Mmm. That's a big map. I like the look of that. I wish I hadn't just renewed Wurm Online.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Looks like the NA server is working.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Is it worth grinding anything on the newbie island or going directly to the mainland?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MrTargetPractice posted:

Is it worth grinding anything on the newbie island or going directly to the mainland?

Just go to the mainland afaik unless there is a way to keep getting free food on the newbie island, which would be useful.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If it's spring there should be tons of apple trees

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

What sort of skills should I be looking for to spec as a miner? I know I want strength and con stats wise.

Artisan, digging, mining?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MrTargetPractice posted:

What sort of skills should I be looking for to spec as a miner? I know I want strength and con stats wise.

Yep, you will need 60 artisan and 60 digging to fully unlock mining.

30 skill opens the next skill in the tree, but you will be capped at that skill to 29.9999 until the previous skill hits 60. You don't need to strictly max any skill, 60 is enough to fully open the next in the tree.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MrTargetPractice posted:

Yeah, that whole tree not just stopping at mining.

You also get to work precious metals into jewlery and stuff

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Did we find a good place to settle just yet? Anyone have a discord up and running or anything?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

MrTargetPractice posted:

Did we find a good place to settle just yet? Anyone have a discord up and running or anything?

We have a mumble server which was linked on the first page I think.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Freak should be updating the OP with this stuff or close this thread so someone else can make one.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Is this fun? Are the people playing weird racists and/or pedophiles or something?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Watch some twitch streams. decide for yourself.

What sold it for me was how alike it was to UO and Darkfall it was to me. Except there is no bullshit magic which is fine by me.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Is this fun? Are the people playing weird racists and/or pedophiles or something?

So the community is pretty noticeably a weird mix of leftists and reactionary right wingers with the odd normal person mixed in

we should make a discord

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 19, 2017

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

There is more than enough space in the mumble

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
It's 2017 man who uses mumble

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

SabinBlitz posted:

There is more than enough space in the mumble

Yeah I bet most mumbles aren't too populated.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I finally made it in game as Phi Toothurty so add me if that's even a feature

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!
Help me understand the ticket thing. If I use it could I delete my character and re-roll and get back to the mainland? Is it simply a one-time-only free pass for a single character? I got the impression it gave you a slot for a single character on the mainland but some comments in one of the chats on newbie island seemed to imply that once you use it it's gone and you're screwed if you delete the character that used it (well, not screwed, you have to buy a slot).

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Piglet posted:

Help me understand the ticket thing. If I use it could I delete my character and re-roll and get back to the mainland? Is it simply a one-time-only free pass for a single character? I got the impression it gave you a slot for a single character on the mainland but some comments in one of the chats on newbie island seemed to imply that once you use it it's gone and you're screwed if you delete the character that used it (well, not screwed, you have to buy a slot).

It's by character and yes once it's gone you're hosed. The game kind of railroaded me onto the EU server and I wasted my ticket. So I emailed the devs to get it back. Else you gotta buy a new one.

Sounds like a loving scam? Because it is

Piglet
Jan 22, 2002

Zub! Zub!
Yeah I only noticed it was putting me on the EU server by default when I saw the default installation path.

I guess I can live with the ticket being one-time only since it doesn't seem hard to re-spec your character by marking skills to be reduced when you hit the skill cap.

I'm wandering around the southern desert right now where it dumped me. I'll keep an eye on this thread for plans (location, etc.)

I probably won't bother with mumble since I have no mic (it's a VOIP thing, right?). I'm more used to IRC.

Edit: I'm in as Cunk, BTW.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Piglet posted:

Yeah I only noticed it was putting me on the EU server by default when I saw the default installation path.

I guess I can live with the ticket being one-time only since it doesn't seem hard to re-spec your character by marking skills to be reduced when you hit the skill cap.

I'm wandering around the southern desert right now where it dumped me. I'll keep an eye on this thread for plans (location, etc.)

I probably won't bother with mumble since I have no mic (it's a VOIP thing, right?). I'm more used to IRC.

Well are we gonna go on the EU or NA server because uh I'm from NA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

So far we are all on NA so you might wanna contact support and see if they can switch you.

• Locked thread