Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Epicurius posted:

It's not really gone into detail. All we know is that it was polytheistic and that Aegon the Conqueror named his dragons after gods in the pantheon.

Interesting, I suppose that's why I didn't know a whole lot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Westerosi. The Old gods and the New.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
We have dragons and there is a fire god, why is this even a question?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Westerosi for certain.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Westerosian

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Westerosi

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Westerosi

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
I think his computer's still processing the last turn. Or it's got G. R. R. Martin syndrome.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
RIP Computer =/

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I will try very hard to get an update this week.

And I continue to live in hope that the game will become playable again if I can just kick the loving Walkers out.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

CapnAndy posted:

And I continue to live in hope that the game will become playable again if I can just kick the loving Walkers out.

What happens if you kill the faction using cheats or by turning their armies to trash using save editing?

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Wouldn't killing the Walkers invalidate the point of a Game of Thrones LP? I mean, it's supposed to be "politics on the backdrop of an apocalypse".

Has the mod been updated since the last update? Maybe the latest patch has fixed the problem.

I'm okay with having a full reset in case you have to reinstall or something.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

VanSandman posted:

What happens if you kill the faction using cheats or by turning their armies to trash using save editing?
...A really anticlimactic ending to the most epic game of CK2 I've ever seen, let alone played?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

APRIL FOOL'S AHAHAHAHA:cry:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

There will be an update this week! It has Dothraki in it!

In the mean time, I feel like perhaps some of you would like to know that for a limited time only Crusader Kings II is completely loving free, so go grab it. All the DLC is on sale too, but that happens pretty frequently.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

CapnAndy posted:

There will be an update this week! It has Dothraki in it!

In the mean time, I feel like perhaps some of you would like to know that for a limited time only Crusader Kings II is completely loving free, so go grab it. All the DLC is on sale too, but that happens pretty frequently.

Which DLC do we need to get the whole GoT mod experience?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A lot of things are disabled/enabled depending on what DLC you have. The full list is a little ways down this post:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/faq-screenshots-manual-other-information.859014/

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Sindai posted:

A lot of things are disabled/enabled depending on what DLC you have. The full list is a little ways down this post:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/faq-screenshots-manual-other-information.859014/

Is there any chance you cold copy/paste it? Accessing that part of the paradox forums is a sisyphean ordeal.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

CapnAndy posted:

...A really anticlimactic ending to the most epic game of CK2 I've ever seen, let alone played?

I assumed they meant for testing purposes? At least that way you can tell if things will improve, then revert to 'real'.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

tarbrush posted:

Is there any chance you cold copy/paste it? Accessing that part of the paradox forums is a sisyphean ordeal.

Found it myself

Paradox wiki posted:

Main Expansions

The Sword of Islam: Adds only the ability for the player to have multiple wives as a character of the Valyrian religion.
Legacy of Rome: Adds castration and blinding capability as well as a couple of flavour events. It does NOT add retinues.
The Republic: Allows the Merchant Republic realms to be played, namely the Free Cities, Meereen, Yunkai, Astapor and the Guilds of Qarth. These realms will still be active even without the DLC.
The Old Gods: Enables the concubine system for Drowned God and Harpy followers (Pre-DLC system will be used if not enabled). Also adds much flavour, including berserkers, adventurers, new rebels and runestones. Raiding is available for drowned god, wildlings and pirates even without this DLC.
Sons of Abraham: Enables the council of the Most Devout and their election of the High Septon. Also adds many religious flavour events, including various Holy Order events/decisions.
Rajas of India: Adds flavour to various far eastern cultures, including tiger hunts, gurus and the reincarnation events
Charlemagne: Adds the chronicle, custom kingdoms (existing titular kingdoms are still available without DLC) and a 'hero knight' flavour event
Way of life: Enables the focus system, allowing a ruler to pick any of the foci available with all associated events decisions. Seduction focus replaces 'visit chambers' interaction when DLC is enabled
Horse Lords: Adds the nomad mechanics for Dothraki/Jogos Nhai (DLC now required to play these), landless adventurer mechanics for Ironborn, the wolf flavour events and land trade routes.
Conclave: Adds the enhanced council/favour mechanics, new education focus system, dynamic mercenaries plus other misc flavour
The Reaper's Due: Adds improved epimedic and illness mechanics, including hospitals and court physician treatment events. Adds prosperity and depopulation, as well as other flavour events.

Minor DLC

Monks and Mystics: Adds subversive religious cults you can join with your character.
Ruler Designer: Fully compatible with the mod
Customiser: Fully compatible with the mod
EU4 Converter: Not compatible
Music Packs: The mod's soundtrack currently overrides them, however deleting "A Game of Thrones/music/songs.txt" will re-enable vanilla music
West African Unit Pack/Portraits: Used for the Summer Islanders, Basilisk Islanders and Sothoryos
East African Unit Pack/Portraits: Used for the Naathi
Mongol Portraits: Used for the Nefer and Yi Ti
Turkish Portraits/units: Used for Lengi
Spanish Portraits/units: Used for Moraqi
Celtic Portraits/units: Used for Ibbenese
All other Face/Unit Packs: Not used
Dynasty Coat of Arms Packs: Not used
Sunset Invasion: Some things may happen if enabled...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

quote:

Sunset Invasion: Some things may happen if enabled...

Huh. :stare:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Fun things.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Fun things.

The best things.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Like Georgepahuatl I

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I am so, so sorry for the delay, and also sorry that this update is what you get, which I did my best to wring any fun out of but jesus gently caress nothing happened. I have been taught the errors of my ways when it comes to making guarantees, but I will try very hard to get the update schedule back on track.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Part 26: The Lords of Horses

I’m a polyglot!

He’s my heir, and the Essosi are not used to Lords Paramount. They understand Kings.

Finally got my men across to fight the rebels.

There’s still a lot of rebels. Gonna let attrition handle that for me for a bit while I camp out in Meereen.

Oh come on I’m not even FIGHTING you assholes right now! Lay off! Go conquer poo poo!

A daughter, oh well. Good name, though.

Walder is now 6 and I can assign myself as a guardian for him, to help raise him. I am, obviously, hoping he’ll become Westerosi Valyrian and also pick up the Valyrian religion from me.

Unfortunately, his childhood focus was already picked, but I do have special options to change it to either Heritage or Faith, because he shares neither my culture nor religion. I can do this at any time until he’s 10, so I figure I’ll wait it out and then change to Faith if I have to, because the Westerosi Valyrian culture is actually really easy to pick up; he can do the same “move to Dragonstone, switch, use intrigue option to move back on the same day” thing I did.

Being my ward moves Walder to my court, so he’s eligible to get a dire puppy. I’m glad; I didn’t want my heir to be the only Stark without a direwolf.

Attrition did its job and I moved in to finish the rebellion. But while I have these troops raised...

Braavos is not coming back because they’re dealing with a peasant revolt, and peasant revolts are hostile to everyone. So I can just swing by and kill the peasants, which will end the revolt and return Braavos to my direct control because it’ll be at peace again.

That’s a badass dragon name.

No more peasants and Braavos comes right back. Easy peasy.

So remember how I couldn’t grant the Kingdom of Yunkai title because of government type restrictions? Turns out that they can still ask for it, and there’s nothing stopping me from saying yes. Now I have two merchant republic vassals!

Oooh, a Dothraki wedding. Those are fun.

Nobody died! What a ripoff.

The Reach comes back. I have the majority of my territory back now.

Roar!

The Independence faction is being a pain in my rear end, but they’re not an active threat yet.

This guy’s a member of the faction and is one of my Lords Paramount with 10,000 men to his command. I’d like to sweeten him up. My first thought is to offer him a princess; I have a lot of those hanging around.

“Infidel”? What the gently caress!

Well, how about a council seat, then? I’ve got this guy in an Advisor slot who’s doing me no good, since he’s a Glory Hound voter and not particularly powerful.

There. It helps, but he’s still not particularly fond of me.

So I just loving bribe him. He’s not cheap, which is why I wanted to avoid this if possible.

Aaaand... wait, what the gently caress? How’d this happen? I legitimately have no idea how I got into this war, I must have misclicked on a plea for help I guess? poo poo, there goes my five years of peace ambition. And I was close, too!

Well, nothing for it now. Gotta go beat up White Walkers again.

Next time: Many thousands of men die! Some of them were even alive beforehand!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"Dear Drogon, I have many matters of state that weigh heavily upon my head, I fear it may be the end of me. Please write back with any advice you may have."
"Roar?"
"As much as I'd like to tear open my discontented bannerman and spill his intestines across the floor of my great hall, that would seem imprudent. Good talk though!"
"Roar!"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The "won't marry an infidel" thing is really pretty strange since it didn't look like he had "Zealous."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God I love that you still get the regular family events even when your siblings are dragons :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Adding nonhuman characters always has good results.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Will we wind up with a dynasty of dragons, like that one game that became famous on the interwebs?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Ohhh that's be the coolest! You think you could make an alt-timeline where that happened?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Direwolves are also characters, right? Like there's no reason we can't have a kingdom consisting entirely of dragons and doggies?

EDIT: Actually, wait. With dragons and doggos(?) being characters, what happens if one gets married to a human (or to eachother) can they breed? Can we get dragonmen and werewolves?

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
IIRC wolves and other non-dragon animals are traits.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Direwolves are traits, not characters. And we can't do the horse trick for two reasons; first, we're not Catholic and the exploit requires Free Investiture, and second, the modmakers were clever. Not only do all dragons have the Dragon trait, they also all have Incapable, so that no matter how clever you get, they can't hold any office or hold any titles.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

Direwolves are traits, not characters. And we can't do the horse trick for two reasons; first, we're not Catholic and the exploit requires Free Investiture, and second, the modmakers were clever. Not only do all dragons have the Dragon trait, they also all have Incapable, so that no matter how clever you get, they can't hold any office or hold any titles.

Oh my god, you've thought about it, haven't you? You've actually doggone thought about it, you clever clogs.

Ah well. We shall just have to settle for you breeding the greatest Stark dynasty in all of history.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You mean the greatest betrayal and downfall in history :getin:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Oh but such things can be...modded away

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Just caught up with the thread and chiming in to say good job. I’ve never tried it but a fan of the books and the game so this has been an interesting read so far.

Not sure if you’ve already checked but what happened to Mance Ryder in this run? Did he just die off when the Others arrived beyond the wall?

And also CapnAndy your tutorial LP is what got me to buy this game. I don’t know whether to thank you for doing a good job or curse you for the x00s hours of my life I’ve lost to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

You don't need to be Catholic. Just have a horse tutor your young heir in heritage.

E: or any character you can then land.

• Locked thread