Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

The whole Riverlands switching to support Joffrey is common and quite problematic, and I don't think the mod devs want to fix it at all, which is a shame because it makes no lore sense.

I suspect part of the problem is that Holster is, mechanically, not very good but the game still use his stats rather than Edmure's, even though Edmure would make more lore sense as he was essentially the acting king, if memory serves correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
As long as you can pick of the disloyal Riverlanders before they join into or with a larger stack, it could be manageable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Part 4: A Meeting with Destiny

Oh come on, really? The High Septon? We’re bringing the church into this? Right, gently caress religious tolerance then. I’ll remember this, you fuckers.

Dead Lannisters are always a beautiful sight.

I had to split up my Riverlands forces because with the territory not belonging to me any more, supply limits went down, and I have no intention of bleeding my troops away to attrition when I’m in a war where I’m already outnumbered. It’s served to draw this Lannister doomstack to me, which I encouraged by putting my two armies on either sides of a river. Now the Lannisters see two armies, each of which they can destroy, and which can’t reinforce each other because the river’s in the way.

However, I’ve been marching each army north, drawing the Lannisters further and further up. My forces will rejoin each other in my territory, where I have supply limits that can support them, and then hopefully turn around and strike the suddenly outnumbered Lannisters.

My dungeon security really sucks. At least they caught this attempt.

SON OF A loving BITCH loving gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

you loving idiots how do you even, that was our most important prisoner, how

loving... gently caress

I’d love to pay them to keep ‘em happy, but I only have 60 gold and that’s not much. Wars are expensive.

At least my military plans are going well. The pincer maneuver worked perfectly, and not only are my combined forces massacring the Lannisters, it turns out that Tywin himself was leading this army. There is only one choice here.

LANNISTER! This ends now!

Oh poo poo.

Questions for the Council:
How shall we treat the Faith of the Seven in the future? Offering military support to Joffrey demands a response. Once King Bran rules a realm at peace, one way or the other, we’ll have time to deal with religious matters. Tolerance has been the policy since even before the coming of the Targaryens; mindful of that, we can consider this a temporary blip and take no further actions after the war. Alternatively, I can work to stamp out worship of the Seven in my realm, by asking vassals to convert and sending out priests to preach of the Old Gods to the populace, and maybe there’s an option on the intrigue menu to expel the Septons or something, I don’t know, I haven’t looked at that at all yet.

How shall we behave towards the Lannisters? Haha just kidding. They all die. Maybe not Tyrion.

Maybe.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
Wipe them out. All of them.

We've learned a hard lesson today. Even gods can be bought for enough coin. So long as men dream of gold, their nightmares will be free of steel.The answer, then, is to change the currency they yearn for.

Make them pay the iron price. Make their blood run cold. Show them what happens when honor dies - when the values that they spit on with coin and comfort are stripped away. The Lannisters will see what good honor does: it holds good steel in check, and no coin can staunch a bleeding wound.

See if you can get the Iron Isles to do some of your work for you.

WampaPartyEX fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 21, 2017

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

gently caress the Seven, let's bring tree worship back up in this bitch.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

This birch, you mean.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Let this be a lesson. If the choice is between what is honorable and what is smart, do the opposite of what a stark would do. Do the smart thing.

Also burn the septs.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

disjoe posted:

gently caress the Seven, let's bring tree worship back up in this bitch.
Somewhere north of the wall, Brynden Rivers nods in agreement.

RIP Robb, you ran into a war without much thinking, lost your most valuable prisoner and got slain by a near-septugenarian who was never known for being a good sword or lance.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
:rip: Robb, apparently you can't win no matter the media.

The High Septon chose his side, and shall share the Lannisters' fate.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

frankenfreak posted:

RIP Robb, you ran into a war without much thinking, lost your most valuable prisoner and got slain by a near-septugenarian who was never known for being a good sword or lance.
The game insists that Robb wasn't much good at single combat either, which struck me as off, but then again all his prowess was at strategy and leadership, and we never actually see him fight duels. So maybe it's fair?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

The game insists that Robb wasn't much good at single combat either, which struck me as off, but then again all his prowess was at strategy and leadership, and we never actually see him fight duels. So maybe it's fair?

the assassination of rob stark by the coward tywin lannister

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Burn the Septs

Also seeing as how it has been some time, does Bran have an sort of cripple malus in this mod due to falling from the tower.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
See this is why Starks always lose. Instead of running face first into Tywin's sword for an honourable 1v1 duel we should have just pointed at him, screamed "THE GOLDSHITTER IS HERE, SHOOT HIM" and have him riddled with arrows.
Did we at least win the fight/capture him?

Is the crown vs church split coded in? If yes, leave them alone because stronger Sparrows are going to cause trouble for our enemies later, if not just purge them all.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Burn the Septs, plant the Trees

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Kill everyone.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Asehujiko posted:

Did we at least win the fight/capture him?
The fight is still ongoing as of the last update. :)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Well, that was certainly something. You know, the old gods failed Robb, let's not be so quick to antagonize the new? Leave the Septs alone.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Old Gods over the New.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Why is everyone missing the blatantly obvious correct answer: convert to the Drowned God.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Trying to eradicate the Faith and replacing it with the Old Gods would feel really weird and gamey, since AFAIK the old faith doesn’t even have priests or holy texts so I’m not sure how proselytizing would even work.

Let’s stick to the spirit of the setting and leave the Faith alone, but execute the High Septon for treason and replace him with someone loyal.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Emissary666 posted:

Why is everyone missing the blatantly obvious correct answer: convert to the Drowned God.
That's a weird way to spell "the Lord of Light". Anyway, as long as Bran is our ruler, I doubt the Three-eyed Raven would accept a conversion. He'd probably not support eradicating the Andal faith, but expanding the network of weirwoods would probably be tempting.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

leave the septons alone, kill all the Lannisters, especially that bastard Tyrion (he's the one that sent that assassin to kill Bran, remember?)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Grillfiend posted:

leave the septons alone, kill all the Lannisters, especially that bastard Tyrion (he's the one that sent that assassin to kill Bran, remember?)
Why not invite Littlefinger to our court while we're at it? He and Cat go way back!

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

frankenfreak posted:

Why not invite Littlefinger to our court while we're at it? He and Cat go way back!

that's a great idea, surely this old friend of the king's mother will be nothing but helpful, and he's got all those King's Landing connections we can exploit

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Part 5: A Time for Coronations

All hail King Bran!

Thankfully, the tragic death of King Robb did not prevent the Lannisters from being routed in the battle.

The armies of the North take furious revenge for the death of their king. 21,000 Lannisters die in the resulting massacres.

Every Lannister army I can see is broken or destroyed, I’m utterly furious, and Stannis has had absolutely no impact that I’ve seen. gently caress him, and gently caress the Lannisters, and gently caress Joffrey. We’re marching to King’s Landing, and we’re going to smash it wide open and let the sunlight expose the worms of corruption within, and when that’s done we’re going straight to Casterly Rock. Westeros is going to learn once and for all that you do not gently caress with the Starks.

King Robb is mourned properly and given the burial due to a King in the North. (I actually couldn’t give him the fanciest funeral possible, due to our continuing tight money supply, but it wasn’t shamefully bad or anything either.)

Hello, Joff. Let’s have a chat about proper treatment of fiancees and noble prisoners, shall we?

I never got around to sending troops to help, but it turns out the Night’s Watch had it covered.

Apparently at the cost of Jeor Mormont, though. Look at who they picked as his successor, too. Poor Jon.

Victarion’s army finally got whittled down to the point where I liked my odds, and the 10,000 men I’ve been holding back this whole time finally get their moment.

Edmure tries to get back to the official plot. It comes off sort of creepy now -- were you pining after your nephew’s wife the whole time and waited until it wasn’t disrespectful before making your move? I mean, whatever, yes, I give him my permission because Roslin’s no prize and I sure didn’t want her for Bran, but... bit creepy, yeah. At least it’ll keep the Freys loyal.

So I’ve finally gotten the Ironborn invasion under control and can start mopping them up, the Lannister forces have had their backs broken in a series of crushing defeats, and the siege of King’s Landing is uneventful and going very well. The only thing that would really throw me right now is some sort of completely out-of-left-field, unpredictable event that completely upends the entire political landscape of Westeros, and what’re the odds of that?

Questions for the Council:
What now? I moused over both options in the dialogue box and neither indicated any consequences, so I think this choice is purely cosmetic and we’ll define our reaction to Aegon with what we do next, but that just begs the question: what’re we gonna do next?

Remember, the Starks knelt to the Targaryens willingly, and that worked out very well (until it didn’t). Do we still want independence for the North, even if now one of the possibilities is fealty to the Targaryens? Or would we serve the dragonlords once again?

Of course, there’s the other question -- do we believe that this is Aegon Targaryen? Aegon died -- supposedly -- in the Sack of King’s Landing, but while the corpse of Rhaenys was recognizably her, Gregor Clegane had swung the infant against a wall in his murderous wroth and what was laid before the Iron Throne was an unrecognizable mess whose head was basically gone. There’s no physical evidence that says that Aegon couldn’t have been smuggled out and replaced with another infant, but such a tale sounds like a bard’s fancies, not cruel reality. This claim is possible, but it is not likely.

To sum up, then: would we willingly serve the Targaryens again, and is this Aegon truly a Targaryen? I cannot answer these crucial questions on my own. I leave it in your hands, councillors.

(Also, if people want to suggest names for the Where Are They Now feature, I’ll grab ‘em for the next update. Right now all I’ve got is finding out how exactly Gregor Clegane died.)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Targaryen or not, this new Aegon is not his ancestor's match: he has no dragons, and we have no reason to kneel, never again! Did our king die so we could make ourselves subjects again?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

To sum up, then: would we willingly serve the Targaryens again, and is this Aegon truly a Targaryen? I cannot answer these crucial questions on my own. I leave it in your hands, councillors.

(Also, if people want to suggest names for the Where Are They Now feature, I’ll grab ‘em for the next update. Right now all I’ve got is finding out how exactly Gregor Clegane died.)

The safe and boring thing to do would probably be to bend the knee to Aegon, offer him Sansa in marriage, and then unite your strengths to wipe out all opposition. Bran will be named Hand of the King to Aegon VI Targaryen. Everything will be nice and peaceful again, and the rest of the book series/TV show will be boring and lame.

Therefore, gently caress this obviously fake Aegon, we ain't bending no knee to a foreign impostor.

Also, for Where Are They Now: Where in the world Westeros is Beric Dondarrion?

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012
No.

To both.

The Dragonlords had their time. They paid for their crime.

Again, the harsh truth of the world: thrones are won by steel, not by honor, coin, faith, or blood that is not spilled. If he has claim to the Iron Throne he can have it, but he has no claim to the North without paying the same price the Lannisters and the Septon found too high.

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Bend a knee...for now
Let Aegon handle the Lannisters for you. The North can rise again once it isn't fighting several wars at the same time. With enough time to consolidate power, you can take the Iron Throne for yourself. It is only a matter of time before the last true Dragonlord comes for to claim her birthright, anyway. If the war ends, Myrcella becomes up for grabs as a bride, with her great traits and claim to both the Throne and Casterly Rock, assuming she doesn't get killed by Aegon.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
The late King Robert was right about one thing: A good Targaryen is a dead Targaryen

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
We bowed to dragons, not to Targaryans. Real or not, we do not kneel to a mere boy. Except our boy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

sullat posted:

We bowed to dragons, not to Targaryans. Real or not, we do not kneel to a mere boy. Except our boy.
Would you bow to Dany if she arrived rather than Aegon?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We do not recognize him as a Targaryen, and we shall not bow to him. Does he think we're that guillible? Hair dye is quite cheap.

Regarding Dany, we would recognize her as a Targaryen, of course, but we don't bow to her either; we might be willing to discuss an alliance on equal term, as King in the North and Queen of King's Landing.

The dragonlords lost all rights to govern when they tortured our uncle and grandfather to death in flames.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Would you bow to Dany if she arrived rather than Aegon?

As long as she had some dragons with her, yes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tell the little fraud to go to hell!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Do not bend the knee as long as Joffrey, Cersei, Jaime, Kevan and Tywin Lannister still draw breath.

As for "Where are they now?": Jeyne Westerling to see what happened to her after not marrying Robb and a quick check on Jon Snow's fortunes.

Ceterum censeo Casterly Rock esse delendam.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 22, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Bend the knee just like our eponymous ancestor did. Stannis is no mannis right now, and we can bond over destroying the Lannisters.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
They don't call us Starks "the Dragonslayers" for nothing!

... wait, what? They DON'T call us that? Well they will if those pale-haired wimps ever set foot on our Westeros again!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress that fake dragon. We already promised Stannis we'd help him anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
No to bending the knee, to anybody! This man is a fake and we should not kneel but also Stannis has shown himself to be incompetent at best so I say we should not just aim to have the North be free but we should take the Iron Throne for ourselves.

• Locked thread