Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Stay with Roslin. Let's keep our weddings non-Red, and while trying to hook up with Dorne sounds nice, it's a reach, because the Martells will want a matrilineal marriage for their heir. Also anyone with Ambitious and a 20 Subterfuge in our court is, um, dangerous as hell.

Roslin's not great, but she's hardly a disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Hey guys, this is jumping ahead probably at least half a dozen updates if not more, so to minimize spoilers: our current ruler is unmarried and Daenerys Targaryen will accept a non-matrilineal marriage to him. I know for a fact that Dany is fertile because she's just had a bastard daughter (with no claimed father at all).

I would like to officially ask the permission of the council to make this match because why would you not make this match.

Do this thing you beautiful bastard

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Martial score isn't entirely worthless if you can't be a battlefield commander, BTW; your martial score is now treated as a modifier to the levies you can raise out of your demense. Anyone with a Martial below 8 (not a problem for Bran) actually gets a penalty to the number of levies they can raise, while military geniuses get larger levies. Also it affects the rate of military tech point generation, and your state military score directly affects the rate at which your armies regain morale after a battle.

I mean, giving Bran the diplo education is absolutely the way to go, I'm just saying that martial isn't useless for him.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Focus: choose Family. This'll give you a bonus to Diplomacy as well as - IIRC - a bonus to Health (which Brandon the cripple could use) and Fertility (because you can never have too many kids). Second option would be Theology, which gives a Learning bonus and a Health bonus, but also leads to some pretty sweet events that have good chances to erase your negative traits and give you positive ones.

(seriously I Theology'd my way out of Great Pox and Lunatic on a character the other day)

Brienne: Eh. She's a badass, but I dunno how badly we need to move heaven and earth for her.

Sansa: Bring her and her husband to court, take some of the now-independent Riverlands, create a duchy, give them to her.

Arya: we need more Starks. A bunch more. Prioritize finding her a husband with decent skills and traits over claims. I mean, poo poo, we've got enough expansion plans on our plate with the potential conquest of Mirreen, we don't need to go looking for poo poo now. I mean, if you can find both, cool, but don't prioritize claims.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

Aww, my forts went away. Not sure what the point of them is then, really, if they’re only good for one war.

The point of them is preventing the attrition deaths of all your troops, basically. I don't know what the supply limits of the frozen wastes there look like but there are times in the base game where the number of troops an enemy province will support is less than a thousand - while boasting fortifications that will take 2k men to siege. Forts make those supply limits go up to the point where you can actually field an appreciable amount of troops without losing thousands every month to attrition and loss of supply.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

Ronessa! Brains are something the North can always use more of.

Seconding this

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

That last Trait-giving event before Ned's majority, by the way, is the result of a choice by whoever was responsible for his education. Basically your educator got an event saying "hey this kid is being pretty Wroth" and chose the option that said "hey, kid, let me explain to you why instead of punching the other guy in the face now, it's a better idea to wait until later when he's not ready for it and it'll hurt more," and Ned had a pretty sizable chance to go "huh, that makes sense" and get Patient instead. Which, obviously, is what happened.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Here's my Official Council Advice:

10 If you have a tame dragon, GOTO 40 else GOTO 20
20 "Tame the loving dragon, milord"
30 GOTO 10
40 "Good job!"
50 END

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

There is a difference between supporting a horrible practice in a video game to supporting it in real life.

If hearing about a practice is something that bothers you, it's not very palliative to hear "oh but only in this game, see."

People have to hear about it in real life.

• Locked thread