Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Really enjoyed the Phriday, hope to see many more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Yeah, same here - it was great to see PP return, and especially with something that was as funny as this.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Banker part 2 is up. As long as y'all are okay with a loose definition of "published on Fridays" I think I can keep this going despite bad rural internet.

Not much I can do about losing power in snow storms though. Fingers crossed!

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
That's another really good installment. I'm excited that there's going to be a part 3, because there was a ton of good stuff in that thread.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Banker part 2 is up. As long as y'all are okay with a loose definition of "published on Fridays" I think I can keep this going despite bad rural internet.

Not much I can do about losing power in snow storms though. Fingers crossed!

It's always phriday somewhere :hmmyes:

Cancer Mom
Dec 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It was funny and thus against women and other groups of subhumans

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nice work.

The corn or die goldmined thread has a ready made Phriday in the op, btw.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

SPOOKCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Nice work.

The corn or die goldmined thread has a ready made Phriday in the op, btw.

Thanks! I'm trying to get part three of Nancy up today and then next week is Nightmare house, but it all depends on Lowtax actually answering his texts. Assuming that all happens this may be my next target!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You're doing the lord's work and a lot of goons appreciate it.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Well thank you. Days like today, where I've been sitting on a new article for two weeks and still can't publish because of technical problems with this rickety legacy website, they are frustrating. It's good to know y'all are interested, if you'll also stay patient I'll be even more blessed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can I put in a request for the dogs in paintings thread, it's great.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Years before I had an account the front page and particularly Photoshop Phriday were how I knew this site. I haven't visited the front page much since joining the forums but Phriday articles you've been curating are top-notch. It makes me want to start reading the front page again.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Dogs in paintings is absolutely in the que! But right now the issue is finally ironing out technical issues so we can hit the haunted house thing tomorrow. And it's not going well hahaha :suicide:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dogs in paintings is absolutely in the que! But right now the issue is finally ironing out technical issues so we can hit the haunted house thing tomorrow. And it's not going well hahaha :suicide:

Did you get hold of Lowtax?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

dreadmojo posted:

Did you get hold of Lowtax?

Nope! And I really tried too. But I'm not out yet, I'm going to try and put up FearFactory'18 this Friday and just not give a poo poo it's early November.

I even have a third and fouth Banker.bmp completely curated and written. They're just collecting dust, waiting for the tax man to get out of his own drat way.

Art is impossible without patience, mi amigos. We gotta wear him down...

Edit- Also here's the tote bags I designed for the 20th anniversary drive we're supposed to be having right now. Lowtax is so distracted by his medical bills he can't be bothered to raise money for his medical bills.

We went through three revisions on these and he was very specific about his wants. Then he disappeared. Not my easiest client, I'll tell you that.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 8, 2018

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Pardon the double post but a couple people have expressed concern to me privately about the level of frustration I've displayed here regarding the difficulties we're having. And they make a good point- I do not want to burn my bridges here. If anybody (the boss man included) is genuinely offended pm me and we'll hash it out. I'm a reasonable guy who sometimes shoots his mouth off inappropriately, I'm not unaware of that. But I've given a lot of thought and this tact really is justified and necessary. And I'll tell you why.

I've been hunting down Lowtax for three years to put this plan into motion. Only in the last eight months or so have I actually made any concrete progress and even then it had been uphill all the way. Bizarre text conversations, weird phone messages, constant assurances that something will happen and then abandonment, and all along the way there are these festering nuggets of toilet humor that seem somehow designed to simultaneously repel and endear. Like some of the jokes he tells in private make me want to throw up they're so vile, but after a while I figured them and him out. It's just the language old R-Low the Bastard Legend chooses to express himself in, and I can either accept that and play ball or go home defeated. And I'm not defeated yet.

I know it seems backwards or rash for me to light a fire under Lowtax's rear end with sharp ribbing and abuse but I honestly think that's how this dude works. If there's some deficit of disrespect here by all means correct it- I'll absorb whatever barbs I have to, that's perfectly fine. But from what I've learned in a career defined by working with strange, unusual or difficult clients, if I'm not willing to box in the same weight class as the maniac I'm trying to push forward then my chances of actually getting then through their own obstacles is slim.

Lowtax is a ridiculous, abusive, difficult, confusing jerk who makes everything harder than it should be. I don't think we would recognize him any other way. All my instincts tell me to step up and meet him at his own game- outlandish, inappropriate energy that borders on abuse but keeps you interested. If I've miscalculated, which is very possible, then oh no I lose a pro-bono gig that is causing me no small amount of headaches right now. I'll survive that encounter. Considering how what I'm trying to do here is help a sick man pay his hospital bills he literally might not.

So yeah, I know I'm being curt in this thread. It's a calculated move, and again, anybody who thinks I'm off the mark feel free to pm me, I welcome alternate theories and ideas. If the Taxman himself is offended I'll be pretty drat shocked but so be it. These are the rules to his game not mine. But I still intend to win.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I hosed up and take full responsibility for it, this entire year has been absolute hell. No excuses for or from me, but trust me, crappy stuff has been happening pretty much nonstop.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Cool man, thank you. I feel ya, it's been a hell of a year for me too. If this poo poo was easy everyone would do it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lowtax posted:

I hosed up and take full responsibility for it, this entire year has been absolute hell. No excuses for or from me, but trust me, crappy stuff has been happening pretty much nonstop.

Nice work kid now get those articles on that front page and we can blow this thing and go home

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Throwing my two cents in, I was one of those who sent BFM a PM in the past in regards to the front page, as I know he is trying but frustrated, and I'm sure we all want to see success for multiple reasons. More content brings more goons which brings more content which eventually brings more revenue as a cycle, I would think. If a forceful nudge is necessary to keep that ball rolling, I can't argue. Hoping for the best for all involved.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I think everybody is cool at the moment. When I am done with work today, Lowtax and I will get the Phriday uploded. One step at a time, thanks everyone for your patience and good humor.

You guys are gonna go insane at Banker 3's crescendo, I can not loving wait.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Bam.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Great to see the issues have been fixed. I've really been enjoying these.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nice! I wish you luck. There's a ton of shop threads to choose from.

Hope you work it out, taxman.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 13, 2018

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I vote for dog thread next, it's mental good

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Dogs in paintings is excellent. Is it goldmined yet? I waited until then to cut off submissions for the last one but that was arguably too long- and I still have the end of banker waiting. I'd like to use that while it's still even remotely relevant, but I understand if you guys want "phresher" phridays?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dogs in paintings is excellent. Is it goldmined yet? I waited until then to cut off submissions for the last one but that was arguably too long- and I still have the end of banker waiting. I'd like to use that while it's still even remotely relevant, but I understand if you guys want "phresher" phridays?

There are still a few subs coming in but I think a gbs mod could give last call before the goldmine and close it off in a few days maybe?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

dreadmojo posted:

There are still a few subs coming in but I think a gbs mod could give last call before the goldmine and close it off in a few days maybe?

That would work. I have a lot on my plate this week already so I'll do banker three, if over the weekend dogs in paintings is goldmined that gives me several days to squeeze in work on it before posting. And everybody got a chance to contribute, we have no reason to hurry that much.

And speaking of no hurry, eventually we also have to visit the world of newspaper Spiderman edits. One occaisional article can cover six months of that thread, which is like two days in the strip continuity, it'll be great.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Banker 3 is live. I'm really interested to see what the reception is, I went all-in.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

You've done a nice job reintroducing the format and doing a bit of the background story behind PP and its themes, now let's bring out the CORN.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Sorry folks no Phriday this week, the holiday ended up with me even further away from civilization than usual and big image uploads just are not working. I'm lucky I can still post at all Happy Turkey day y'all, be back soon!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm glad to see this back and you're doing good work Mir. Thanks for the efforts and it's been so long without that there's no lack of patience for something we get for free.

The text is sometimes long but well-worth the read!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Thanks for bringing back the Phridays. :unsmith:

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I just wanna bump this. There's been a ton of goldmined photoshop threads the last 3 months. If you need any help just ask. I know it's daunting.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Ferrule posted:

I just wanna bump this. There's been a ton of goldmined photoshop threads the last 3 months. If you need any help just ask. I know it's daunting.

Oh man that would be fantastic, thank you. Here's where we're at: because of technical problems (I live in the country and can't get a static IP address) I have to get Lowtax to manually enter permissions for me every time I want access to the front page. And he is very very busy so that has proven infuriatingly difficult- I tried and failed every single week of December to post a Phriday. I'm a hard-headed, obstinate gently caress but even I have my limits, and I'm at them.

If anybody who has a static IP (probably everyone but me) wants to post Phridays I will gladly assist with curating, watermarks, comments, basically anything except the actual data transfer which is just stupidly out of my reach. We'll have to get you signed up with Lowtax but it should only be a one-time deal and then it'll just work... in theory.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

504 posted:

Who is going to pay to join a forum when the front page is filled with garbage threads written by "hilarious" fuckwits that sound like they are posting 1993?

Garbage, fuckwits, 1993. All blessed. Your trolling didn't work on me.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

What are some recently goldmined Pshop threads people have liked? Poor dogs in paintings never got in but we must soldier on.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

What are some recently goldmined Pshop threads people have liked? Poor dogs in paintings never got in but we must soldier on.

I liked the Adventure Hog thread.

But is there a rule against doing older threads? I don't see why the dog paintings one couldn't still be used.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

King Lazer posted:

I liked the Adventure Hog thread.

But is there a rule against doing older threads? I don't see why the dog paintings one couldn't still be used.

Adventure Hog is the current focus and I hope to have it done this week, I'm slammed at work.

There are no rules at this point but I made the call to move on from dogs in paintings because I just didn't find it that funny. You may find my curation of Adventure Hog similarly harsh, I've already cut out all the 'shops that are just more cute animals joining the fun or have little tiny blurry boats in the background. Lowtax has been really specific that these are supposed to be funny first, so I guess that's a rule of sorts.

But if you want to go back and curate dogs in paintings go for it! I'll hook you up with Mr. Pig and get you access, it would be mondo helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

I'm glad the focus is on funny.

I don't think I'd be a good curator though. The regular goon sense of humor falls flat to me, and I don't get very many of the references I see used.