Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Well we're always accepting volunteers (and nothing else).

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I'll make all the entries myself if I have to.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

There's more than enough entries, it's just nobody wants to curate them. The back-end of SA is... frustrating...

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

This happened to Photoshop Phriday

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

while i am very happy to see one, its practically criminal that the "What did trump paint?" thread didn't hit front page.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Aishlinn posted:

while i am very happy to see one, its practically criminal that the "What did trump paint?" thread didn't hit front page.

I hear ya, I really do, it came down to a decision between that one and this one, and I thought this one had more inherently funny images that didn't require you to be in on a reference. Just the expression of the statue was funny in different contexts on its own, and I could use the comments for in-jokes. What did trump paint was just a shade more in-jokey and, you have to admit, really repetitive, so it lost despite being longer.

But it was a tough call which one to devote my time to. If you want to see more Phridays we are always accepting volunteers. Thanks for reading!

Edit- oh and contributing, I just now realized. You do good work. The front page is dumb, but it's also fun and has opened doors for me that would surprise you. So, think about it.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 15, 2019

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

U know, this thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879420 never even got goldmined and it was started by Lowtax and everything. I don't know how this works. Maybe it's too late now.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I hear ya, I really do, it came down to a decision between that one and this one, and I thought this one had more inherently funny images that didn't require you to be in on a reference.

:wrong:

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Well luckily the front page comes with a money-back guarantee!

Seriously, you're quibbling with me about which Trump thread was more important? C'mon now. They were both okay, for low-hanging fruit. If it really matters to you come volunteer, and then you can pick the :right: threads.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Well luckily the front page comes with a money-back guarantee!

Seriously, you're quibbling with me about which Trump thread was more important? C'mon now. They were both okay, for low-hanging fruit. If it really matters to you come volunteer, and then you can pick the :right: threads.

Lol bro calm down

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'm sorry, I'm just a little frustrated is all. I was under instruction not to feature political threads in phridays and I got hectored into it anyway, then there's another political thread people wanted more, I just can't seem to win.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

I'm sorry, I'm just a little frustrated is all. I was under instruction not to feature political threads in phridays and I got hectored into it anyway, then there's another political thread people wanted more, I just can't seem to win.

This must be very difficult for you every six months

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

I appreciate the work. :yaycloud:

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Haha touche.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

:drat:

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Six months just flies by don't it?

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

That was a good thread and I feel humbled to have my misguided contributions included. :tipshat:

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Thanks! IDK what a contrast match is though so probably whatever you meant was an accident.

That was definitely my favourite photoshop theme to work on, cool source images and simple enough for my low-skill-high-effort style.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Xaintrailles posted:

Thanks! IDK what a contrast match is though so probably whatever you meant was an accident.

That was definitely my favourite photoshop theme to work on, cool source images and simple enough for my low-skill-high-effort style.

I just meant the image contrast for corn guy matched the rest of the image, you got the same grain on a photo and a photo-of-a-print and it really sells it. That and the border to the left of him having a natural cut to it both jumped out at me as very nice touches.

You also did that awesome Daffy duck edit gif, the two together was why you "won".

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Better late than never.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Someone hasn't watched John Wick 3 :colbert:

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

itry posted:

Someone hasn't watched John Wick 3 :colbert:

Nope! Don't even recognize the title. Is that like a superhero movie or something?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It has Neo killing people with office supplies. And there are dogs in it. It's cool.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Cool, thanks! Your 'shop was funny even without context, and I think that's the best Phridays can be.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

hunh this sure is a thread

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Heather Papps posted:

hunh this sure is a thread

It sure is!

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

compliments buddy. captions were very funny!

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

:bubblewoop: Another Phriday :bubblewoop:

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Galaxander posted:

:bubblewoop: Another Phriday :bubblewoop:

so in an effort to make myself accountable here is the plan for the next two weeks, sneak peak style!

part 2 of fear factory next phriday, then part one of at least 2 articles for the romance cover thread.
if a good thread pops up, or i find one i missed, or ian finds one, or whatever, that'll go in between the romance cover articles.

i guess i should mention i volunteered to help curate as i am a weird internet nerd with free time and photoshop abilities?
anyways this thread, or pm'ng ian or i, would be a good way to suggest threads. or just post a link in byob to bait me into making like, 2 submissions cause i'm trying to not participate overmuch in threads i intend to harvest from.

it's been a blast so far, and i'm glad to help pump a little lifeblood into a classic frontpage feature.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You guys are doing important work

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

itry posted:

You guys are doing important work

so lets address that animorphs thing. i think i made whatever point i wanted to there, and i was loving blown away to find that rachel is jewish. i read the books as a kid and she's clearly depicted as a blond blue eyed white girl.
the anti semitism comment was almost certainly a silly joke about tusks and nose, but when i did my thing and dug for 5 minutes, besides the insane "aliases" there was also the bit about her dad.

i hope it doesn't kill the thread, but one, it's super hilarious that this is a chain of events, and two, i, never for a single moment, thought you were sincerely doing a racist photoshop.

secondly, you do good work. ian and i both appreciate the effortshops you do.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Heather Papps posted:

so lets address that animorphs thing. i think i made whatever point i wanted to there, and i was loving blown away to find that rachel is jewish. i read the books as a kid and she's clearly depicted as a blond blue eyed white girl.
the anti semitism comment was almost certainly a silly joke about tusks and nose, but when i did my thing and dug for 5 minutes, besides the insane "aliases" there was also the bit about her dad.

i hope it doesn't kill the thread, but one, it's super hilarious that this is a chain of events, and two, i, never for a single moment, thought you were sincerely doing a racist photoshop.

secondly, you do good work. ian and i both appreciate the effortshops you do.

Yeah itry, you do consistently good work, thank you for all the submissions.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think the real tragedy is the possibilty that someone has never heard about Animorphs :(

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

itry posted:

legit, your subs are so good

quote:

I think the real tragedy is the possibilty that someone has never heard about Animorphs :(

i got one sentence into explaining animorphs to someone older then me and was like, honestly, gently caress this. i loved the books and show as a kid but i can recolonize that like, tobias the hawk recognizing a supermodels pores but still finding her lovely is hosed up writing.

anyways, thanks!

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

here is something. we have so many good photoshop threads what comes next is actually a choice.

we can run part 2 of phear phactory, or pocket it for a dry season. the romance cover thread could easy be 2 updates, and if this mixed media thread goes well we might have enough good images by whatever deadline ian needs to submit the update?

regardless, we are legit dedicated to hitting that deadline weekly, now, and of all the currently active forum highlight features this one benefits the most from having a huge amount of things to pick from. honestly, a thread going long enough to produce a 2 part article, or, potentially, 3 part, requires like half the work of 2 separate articles. plus, this means that we can stagger part ones and twos, and feature more good posts.

i may be a post helldumped byob idiot, but of the few things i take seriously, this weird rear end internet thing is one i do actually believe in.

laugh, and the world laughs with you. cry, and you cry alone.
\
:negative:

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Boom.

We make a good team, HP. What are you thinking next?

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Boom.

We make a good team, HP. What are you thinking next?

if the merge media thread produces enough we can do that, then another romance cover thread. sorry i didn't scrape a full article worth, my math was bad.

i also think if we do the phear phactory thread for christmas that would be funny as hell, so....

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

:( I knew I should have reported that Cool if My Parrot Watches post when I saw it show up in a google search for starter material, but by then it was several pages back.

https://me.me/i/harlequin-romance-2476-it-cool-if-my-parrot-watches-margaret-a9555232804848839f9e94f413d82e5a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Galaxander posted:

:( I knew I should have reported that Cool if My Parrot Watches post when I saw it show up in a google search for starter material, but by then it was several pages back.

https://me.me/i/harlequin-romance-2476-it-cool-if-my-parrot-watches-margaret-a9555232804848839f9e94f413d82e5a

So, are you saying this submission was plagiarized? If so, and your evidence checks out, I'll remove it and ban the poster (from phridays, at Ieast).