Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I'd say if a shop has someone staring at it for an hour, that's hilarious in a different way tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A goldmine will be really timely in light of the author of same being found out as pro-life:

Even more edits in thread and probably more to follow.

Make a thread about it in GBS and quote those posts in the op.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
When is the next one due?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

When I have a moment free again and can flag down the Taxman. And probably after I finish the next Goblins update which is already abysmally late.

I'll try for next week but I'm not promising anything.

Goblins?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

My old CYOA. I'm trying desperately to finish it so I can free up the slot for other forums projects like Phridays, but I have had very little free time so far this year and I'm only a little more than half done with a single update. Even that is a minor miracle, I'm working on four different projects for work right now and it's kind of a nightmare.

I wish it was different, I really do. But, honestly, this is just kind of what happens in a community that absolutely will not allow links to patreons or any other direct monetization platforms. I totally understand why we do it that way and I'm not even saying we should change it. But as long as it's in place we have to resign ourselves to whatever scraps writers and artists have left to share. I've been trying to find somebody else to do this article, very publicly, for 6 months now and nobody has time. I can't blame them, I clearly don't either!

I will seriously try for next week, thanks for sticking around the Cheap Show :cheers:

Ah, ok that thing. But you are wrong about the Patreons etc. Plenty of people post their own Patreons here, and I asked in QQCS if it's allowed, and the admins said that it was. And even if you just wanted to con people to give you money for Steam games like a mod did, it's still allowed.