Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
It's been almost a month since the last iteration and there have been some really good Photoshop threads. Is G0m just busy? Phridays are my favorite thing on the front page (it's why I reg'd).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Twenty Four posted:

He's not talking about making threads, he's talking about threads making the front page, in Photoshop Phriday and Comedy Goldmine articles, which haven't been around lately.

It seems like a good idea that lowtax would want, as it would bring more traffic and money to SA. And it seems low effort, since the users are already making the content. Actually no effort with someone who has been on the front page before offering to curate it as well.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I'd offer to it, but I don't know what "it" entails. It's what brought me to the forums and motivated me to learn Photoshop. The few times one of my edits made it into the article felt really cool.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Jikes posted:

"What is Lowtax Pointing At?" would make a pretty good front page Photoshop Phriday, especially since it took off on reddit and twitter as well. Maybe bring in some more :tenbux:, even?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853177

It could easily be a 2-parter.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Banker.bmp was exactly the sort of stuff that drew me to this dying website so many years ago.

That cave one was pretty good, too. I just wish it hadn't been goldmined before the weekend. I had a bunch of ideas but didn't have any time during the week. :(

At this point, if Phriday came back there's months worth of backlogged content.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Coincidentally, the last Phriday was the 2017 annual nightmare thread, which I think already started for this year.

If you drag your feet for a few weeks the next Phriday could be 1 year later and be on the same topic. I think that would be fitting (or at least kinda neat).

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Thanks for the recent Phridays!

ol yeller posted:

Per admin approval, I will be handling photoshop phriday from here on out, and requests should be directed to me. Thanks for loving pupkin!

I know the focus has been on more recent threads, but I wanted to point out that we're about to hit one year since the excellent "What is Lowtax pointing at?" thread.

If it helps, I actually made a spreadsheet of what I think are the best edits (which may or may not be all of them, I don't remember). Note: It does not contain anything from the last 2 pages.

This is all because it's been a year and it's still relevant to the recent fund-drive-thing and is in no way self-promoting my own submission in the thread I swear to got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I'm sorry, I'm just a little frustrated is all. I was under instruction not to feature political threads in phridays and I got hectored into it anyway, then there's another political thread people wanted more, I just can't seem to win.

I appreciate the work. :yaycloud: