Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Pay toilets are nasty, and ought to be illegal. Those of us who are not poor can afford the price, if we accept the practice; poor people can't. To deny people access to a toilet when they need one is nasty and degrading.

I have concluded that the least we can do, to eliminate pay toilets, is to avoid giving them money. Instead of paying them, I go to great lengths to find some other toilet.

Please join me in rejecting pay toilets firmly.

Copyright (c) 2016 Richard Stallman Verbatim copying and redistribution of this entire page are permitted provided this notice is preserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
a correct opinion

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
join us now to free the toilets
please let me pee hackers

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

rms was always right about everything

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Trabandiumium posted:

rms was always right about everything

fun story i one time had to take a poo poo extremely badly, like ultra-very-incredibly badly, so there's a pay toilet at the north hollywood metro station in LA, and i paid the quarter then went in and stepped in a giant turd, slipped and teeter-tottered like a fat man in a cartoon, arms waving, balance on the verge of failure, managed to squat over the toilet but then there was no toilet paper so had to use a sock, which required taking off one of my poo poo-covered shoes very carefully, then wiping my puckered anus, poorly, with a sock-puppet-cum-loofa (double entendre there boys), washing my hands with no soap, and then begging a mexican woman to sell me a half-empty bottle of hand sanitizer for $5 from her purse so that i could at least not die from hepatitis a from being covered in feces, took the metro with shoes that if pressed together on the bottoms would resemble a heavily-melted 'smore fresh from the fucken fire, it was like my second week of working in this big fancy building in DTLA too and i think people noticed but thank god i was saved by the fact that i am a linux administrator so i think they thought the odor of a homeless man's feces was normal + par for the course, i never used that bathroom again but shall always have fond memories of the abovementioned area, a place to call home/

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

du -hast posted:

north hollywood metro station in LA

story lost all credibility at this point.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
why wouldbt you call your supervisor and explain that you stepped in homeless poo and go get a new pair instead.

its california they all get it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
blasting dookies just wants to be free

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i have never used a pay toilet

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wtf is a pay toilet

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

obstipator posted:

wtf is a pay toilet

it's like a pay phone but doesn't smell as strongly of piss

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

obstipator posted:

wtf is a pay toilet

posting but with micro transactions

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Never seen one of these IRL.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
looking forward to the monetising of this just social cause by a toilet sharing startup

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
thought i saw a pay toilet the other day but it was a mac pro

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

maskenfreiheit posted:

thought i saw a pay toilet the other day but it was a mac pro

Haha, has anyone ever peed in one of these? Probably.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I remember the pay toilets in sydney well because the sign on the door said it would automatically reopen after a period of time so you better finish your business promptly

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
capitalism gone mad

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

idt cambridge has any pay toilets...

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the joke is that rms thinks anyone uses pay toilets for toilet purposes

all unattended pay toilets are actually combination shooting galleries and brothels

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

obstipator posted:

wtf is a pay toilet

your mother.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
break into the pay toilet and take a dump on the floor.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the joke is that rms thinks anyone uses pay toilets for toilet purposes

all unattended pay toilets are actually combination shooting galleries and brothels

the opioid epidemic has gotten so bad around where rms lives that people don’t even hide shooting up anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i don’t read gbs op but thanks for your concern

• Locked thread