Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Hi thread! I wasn't sure if I was in or not until just now and didn't want to assume, so sorry for the delay!

Dear Pen Santa:

Like any good pen lover, I also love ink. I don't have a lot in my collection right now, so anything would be awesome -- unusual colors, neat properties, that one color you really love, or just a nice blue. Samples are great, or short international cartridges because I'm also lazy and love Kaweco Sports. I don't really want anything shimmery though, just because I've never dealt with it before and I'm scared of it gumming up in my pens.

I also actually like messing around with Noodler's pens, especially Creapers and especially demonstrators or the pretty swirly colors. Little things like extra nibs or tools like an ink syringe are also on my list, since I don't have a lot of working-with-pens stuff yet and I want to get better at upkeep! I have no idea if there are any in the price range, but I also have a major love for inset or hooded nibs. As for nib types, generally the finer the better, but I think could also stand to experiment with something broad or even italic.

What I have-- not a lot. A giant bottle of Noodler's English Roses, some Diamine Midnight and J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune cartridges, and a few miscellaneous samples. On the pen side, some Creapers (which I'm not concerned about duplicates with), three Sports (mint, purple, and one gray... rollerball..), and a Lamy Safari in purple. Basically your starter pen kit.

As for use, I mostly bullet journal and have a planner (when I remember to use it) or sketch/doodle with them. ...Or just write the days of the week over and over in fancy ways. I'm trying to improve my handwriting. NSFW packaging is fine. I usually order from Goulet or JetPens, but I'm open to other stores too.

Thanks for putting this together! I'm excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
My gift arrived! That is, the one I'm sending out. Just have to consolidate the two packages into one and send it on its way-- should be in the mail next week at the very latest!

• Locked thread