Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh cool, I've always been interested in this game but never played it myself. It looks like it has a very unique playstyle, so I'll be definitely following this.

Even if I didn't understand anything that happened in that first update, but I'm sure you'll explain the mechanics later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Not believing in psychic powers in the Metal Gear series is kind of silly considering that may be one of the most realistic powers I've seen in it.

Then again, my knowledge is entirely from the Solid part. And even there, mostly from MGS3. I have no idea if the Metal Gear games were more grounded in reality.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HitTheTargets posted:

drat, they make you collect booster packs? That's harsh. Imagine if they turned this into a mobile game.

Don't give Konami ideas, please.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cool Ghost posted:

Why just show or just tell when you could do both?

It's kind of a lovely fence. Nothing to write home about.

Or when you can show twice :v: Did you mean to put that image twice?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ace of Aces posted:

I've heard some decent German in a few anime, which I have a few theories about, but yeeeah...

Was the VA Tetsuya Kakihara? Because he was born and raised in Germany, thus is perfectly fluent in its language.

He also knows English, Spanish and Latin, because the guy who voices Simon needs to be a badass who kicks reason to the curb.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kase moch posted:

Snake's got this real seedy used car salesman or broke would-be actor in his early 30s trying to weasel his way into the party kinda thing goin on in his portrait. You need a different headshot Snake, you'll never get a call back with that look.

I'd say he's getting a lot of calls :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ace of Aces posted:

I just want to mention how insanely long that cutscene actually is - I was playing it in class last week and skipping the text (because I died in the warehouse) and even then it took about five minutes to get through the cutscene. It's ridiculous.

Gigantic cutscenes...in a Metal Gear game? Unbelievable!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

W.T. Fits posted:

Someone's being gaslighted here, and I'm not sure if it's me, Snake or both of us. :psyduck:

It's Metal Gear. It's both, as well as several more people we do not know about yet.

The fourth wall is down, nothing will protect us. Great job, Hans.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

I like that kicking someone multiple times in the back of the head is the way to make sure they don't notice your presence.

I guess a punch from nowhere was enough to leave the poor guard stunned, so he couldn't react to anything afterwards.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, I definitely did not see that coming. "La Clown" is impossible to take seriously though, I kind of expect the YGO weird Kaiba clown dude to explode out of fake-Teliko now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This reminded me of MegaMan Battle Network's GameCube game, where this situation was distressingly common. Your important movement options (Dash, Double Jump) were all Battle Chips so you had to draw them to use them. It's really bad design. IIRC the Wonder Swan game (which also wanted to turn BN into a classic Mega Man) just let you equip Chips instead.

At least here it's just for this mission, right? I can't imagine this is a normal game mechanic.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay. I have absolutely no idea what's going on or even if that actually happened, was in Snake's brain, was actually Clown, or whatever.

This truly is Metal Gear.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

FoolyCharged posted:

I remember when this series had plots that made sense. They were still stupid as all hell, but you understood what was going on.

Here? It's a nonstop stream of babble and I will just accept that there are now two snakes running around, one of whom is a spookyghost as far as cameras go.

Don't forget that both were originally a single person but the personality he didn't show to the world grew so big it ended up becoming its own individual. Which is, apparently, something that happens.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zereth posted:

So i'm guessing that this is the real Teliko and the one we saw previously is actually Clown.

Actually, whether it was Teliko or Clown depended entirely on the image, changing randomly between each, and also when you reopened this thread.

Also they were always the same person, but became separate once the shadow in Teliko's personality grew and separated itself into its own person, as it tends to happen.

Also also they may or may not be made out of nanomachines, and they simultaneously are and are not Snake and/or Hans Davis. As are we all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So there was no point whatsoever to this, both could've been saved regardless of who won, and both could've died despite the game.

What was the point of this scenario?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cool Ghost posted:

Meanwhile, there's another voice in Snake's ear.

And he has got some news.

If he has some news, I sure can't see them here (you put the same image twice, I'm guessing the second here is meant to be MGA_04347).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm a bit disappointed, I hoped for MGS3 and instead we got the old games (was MGS3 even out at this time? I have no idea)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The ultimate twist: there's no such thing as Metal Gear, only Acid. Lots and lots of acid.

That last part is not a twist, it's very obvious in fact, but it's worth pointing out regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Regallion posted:

*Proceeds to wait 3 years for the next update*

Look, you have to kill The End one way or another, and I'm glad Cool Ghost is showing that particular easter egg in the game.

...Wait, wrong Metal Gear.