Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm enjoying the snark levels in this LP :) MGS deserves it sometimes for just. Being. So. Obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You know, it's weird how much sense it makes, making this series into a weird card game

It's all about abstraction and breaking down mechanics. Look at XCom these days - it's a tactical squad shooter presented almost like a boardgame. It takes some real good design to do, but you'd be surprised how many genres can be "transferred" in this way. There's a Doom RPG, for example.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kase moch posted:

I agree, let’s do some missions stealth and some missions slaughter.

And knowing the game inside and out I'd bet you know the best approach to take for various missions!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"Snake! Watch out for those giant targets on the stairs!"

"...targets?!?"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

This game's plot is bananas so far, and that's even by MGS standards.

What is it with Kojima and needing psychics in his gritty action dramas?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

La Clown and La Parka in a mask vs disk match

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not a worry, take your time - and focus on the move, that'd be more exciting than flicking video game cards around for sure :)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cool Ghost posted:

The only reference I can think of is that Teliko and a character from Acid 2 are available as recruits via password in Portable Ops.

They managed to get referenced in the other game that never gets referenced. Hurrah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

HitTheTargets posted:

These things come in threes, right? Will the next room have portions of total darkness or something?

I'm going with laser tripwires, everyone loves those