Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I do not think that is how that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Riot needs to ask Daddy Tencent for money to make the mmo.

Tencent is currently getting pooped on for making a really stupid looking Will Smith game.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

One day I will stop getting rope-a-doped by "Hahaha health low....health high? HEALTH HIGH?!!" heros, but that day is not today and probably not even this year

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Buckwheat Sings posted:

When League came out, it was considered the approachable MOBA if you could believe that. DOTA, HON, and DOTA 2 were pretty rough to get into. Not to mention, free to play was also a new cool thing, too. I'm pretty sure LOL was one of the first to champion that

The other thing was a pretty massive hungry audience of Moba players looking for the big thing after playing user maps off of War craft 3.

Nowadays, neither of those is true. Learning and actually enjoying League will take someone at least 100 hours while you could just download Fornite or something and have fun out the gate.

Riot’s lucky they got Valorant and TFT because while I don't think League will completely die its not gonna be the biggest game in the world anytime soon.
Younger generations do play league. Fortnite is at like 225 million monthlies and league is at 150 million monthlies, it picked up a ton of players 2020 onwards. Maybe it doesnt attract literal 8 year old children like fortnite does but it gets new players. > half of league players are under 24. By comparison Valorant is at like 20 million monthlies.

League's continued success is a super interesting topic in general. I think you see people quit, try other games, then come back because team based PvP games kind of reduce to similar patterns in a lot of ways so why not just play league.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

New skarner feels and plays like absolute dogshit

The Q is the only thing that isn't absolutely terrible about this kit

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He seems to do alright in top lane, but his jungle is weak.

He is impossible to gank since he can just crawl into the wall at super speed or ult people into tower and that in turn makes him pretty good for ganking other lanes or joining a counterjungle.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Syrinxx posted:

New skarner feels and plays like absolute dogshit

The Q is the only thing that isn't absolutely terrible about this kit

That's funny because max e seems really good. Since it nearly halves in cooldown and the only benefit the Q actually gets is the attack speed and the increased monster damage for the most part. Since it is a 15% max health hit on the throw/final strike from the first level.

I think the monster damage is tricking people into maxing q first in the jungle, when it's really not necessary and getting your e working as often as possible is a massive boon. It's the only CC you have without your ult, and maxing it out means you might actually get to use it twice in a fight.

Also it is better at putting people out of position than the ult is if you know how to use it. Since the ult can grab 3 people but the e can grab 1.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 10, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his q feels insanely bad and his r is a victim of 'durr Counterplay'

his e and w are fine

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Endorph posted:

his q feels insanely bad and his r is a victim of 'durr Counterplay'

his e and w are fine

His R is at least fast enough that you have to twitch react to it, you can't easily take a moment to respond and not get caught.

The real issue is that it picks up 3 people now, so you can't isolate the target you want with it as easily.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
They're buffing the hell out of the Q which should help a lot more. Pulling out the rock faster, higher AD ratio, etc. I think he's pretty solid so far and if he's weak now it'll get a bit better. The R isn't a primary initiation tool anymore but great followup cc.

It's requiring a lot of getting used to but the kit's a good foundation and honestly just getting rid of the loving capture point passive makes him so, so much better

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Servaetes posted:

They're buffing the hell out of the Q which should help a lot more. Pulling out the rock faster, higher AD ratio, etc. I think he's pretty solid so far and if he's weak now it'll get a bit better. The R isn't a primary initiation tool anymore but great followup cc.

It's requiring a lot of getting used to but the kit's a good foundation and honestly just getting rid of the loving capture point passive makes him so, so much better

Well, they clearly want you to max Q, so I expect Q buffs until it's the correct decision or they'll eventually be forced to nerf E (which will be sad).

E is straight up his best basic skill I think, it's a potent mobility option, it's a good cc, it disrupts team formation heavily and is almost as good at singling a person out as he used to be.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean even if the rock comes out faster just the implementation of the move on a base level, feels bad. like it could do 9 billion damage and instantly kill the enemy nexus and i would still not like pressing it

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Endorph posted:

i mean even if the rock comes out faster just the implementation of the move on a base level, feels bad. like it could do 9 billion damage and instantly kill the enemy nexus and i would still not like pressing it

I don't understand why it roots him in place to do it, his w doesn't do that. It feels awful to try and chase someone but have to lock yourself in place to then throw a skill shot that can be blocked by minions.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Umbreon posted:

I don't understand why it roots him in place to do it, his w doesn't do that. It feels awful to try and chase someone but have to lock yourself in place to then throw a skill shot that can be blocked by minions.

Because the intent is for you to use it to farm monsters and follow up on your e stun, not just bust it out easily midcombat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because riot games dont want you to play skarner

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Endorph posted:

A noble cause I can only support.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Skarner is only good for being genocided by pop stars.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

I do not like having things in common with riot games like this

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

more skarner for me to play then

Lord_Magmar posted:

Well, they clearly want you to max Q, so I expect Q buffs until it's the correct decision or they'll eventually be forced to nerf E (which will be sad).

E is straight up his best basic skill I think, it's a potent mobility option, it's a good cc, it disrupts team formation heavily and is almost as good at singling a person out as he used to be.

yes, E is obviously the strongest spell in his kit, more than R, by a lot, which explains why they're not messing with it. no one ive seen is even remotely entertaining maxing E however because he will have one of the worst clears in the game

q has to have the windup because without it it'd be incredibly busted. The third auto trucks and the throw is pretty snappy.

i tell ya the champ is pretty strong. the micropatch helped a bunch and this q update is going to make the titanic into tank build really really potent

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Going by the data, his highest winrate first skill max in top (his best role) is W, since it's a max health shield/nuke/slow on a 10>6 second cooldown which makes him really hard to trade with if he goes tanky damage.
I've seen one support skarner do pretty well and it was shield first too.

I think it's mainly because shield bash has no cooldown and with tanky CDR/damage he can just spam it.

E is his most fun ability for sure, but there is no point maxing it until last or second to last because it doesn't really gain anything from levels, 24 second or 16 second cooldown doesn't make a difference since it will only be used once a fight either way until enemies get tankier and cooldown items get built.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 10, 2024

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

im mostly going off his jungle atm. the w max in lane has some degen sion e max shenanigans going on because the w has a hilariously large range and can easily hit someone pretty far from him. ive leashed the krugs pretty consistently tanking the red buff in the brush, its kind of silly how large it is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the font is really weird, thin, and gross now. is there any way to change it back or is this a Font Rework that also makes the game worse

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

yeah they just decided to change it. im convinced its just to gently caress with people every couple of years

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the chat isnt so bad but the summoner names above champs were literally giving me a headache, i had to turn it off lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Paid $1.29 for the new font, riot gotta cut corners

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Patch notes are out and

R - Realm of Death

newDeath Realm Escape Interactions: Champions can no longer escape Mordekaiser's Death Realm by using Quicksilver Sash, Mercurial Scimitar, Alistar's Unbreakable Will, Gangplank's Remove Scurvy, Milio's Breath of Life, Olaf's Ragnarok, or Rengar's Ferocity Battle Roar. However, crowd control immunity will still prevent the application of Realm of Death.

My Zeri and I are very very sad

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Oh no, not the Realm of Death again! The only way out of here is death!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

In my experience most Morde players ult when they're at 10% HP so the death is usually their own.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

njsykora posted:

In my experience most Morde players ult when they're at 10% HP so the death is usually their own.

True but this is the MSI patch so they really want MSI to have lots of flash R onto adc team fights apparently

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
something i never see mordekaisers do, to the point where its sorta bizarre, is to follow up their E with the ult. if you put an E on top of someone and ult them, they are too slow to walk out of it. and yet i feel like im literally the only person that's done this before or something

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's easier to quickly ult an unsuspecting target than risk an e.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Because the intent is for you to use it to farm monsters and follow up on your e stun, not just bust it out easily midcombat.

They need to change the sound design or something to make it much more obvious to the player which rock hit they're on. I keep having to look down at my bar to see whether I have an active rock or not.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

A jargogle posted:

They need to change the sound design or something to make it much more obvious to the player which rock hit they're on. I keep having to look down at my bar to see whether I have an active rock or not.

It doesn't help which hit you're on, but Skarner holds the rock in his tail if you have it active.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Well that sucks because there's nothing better than building a QSS and either immediately leaving Morde's ult and emoting a thumbs up, or scaring them into just holding it forever

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You know what champion could use a VGU that nobody talks about?

Nocturne.

His visual design as a shadow creature wearing armor with blade arms looks generic and bad and suffered from being rushed out in the era of a dozen champions a month being released, their artists could come up with something more interesting for a shadow nightmare demon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for instance perhaps he could have even more armor added to him and look like he took a bath in vaseline and he could say stuff like 'the shadows... only i remain of the shadows.......' and his q could take 500 years to cast and his ult could instantly spawn him into the enemy base, to promote counterplay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at this point if you want riot to rework literally anyone i think youre a cop

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Shyvanna needs a gameplay rework badly, or at least her passive, it's so loving bad

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Endorph posted:

at this point if you want riot to rework literally anyone i think youre a cop

Hey, they managed to not gently caress up Warwick and Fiddlesticks. High Praise for Riot GamesTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fiddlesticks rework is utter perfection in mechanics and flavour.

Love to jumpscare entire enemy teams to death.