Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So whatever tweaks they made to Wild Rift versus main league makes it takes less time is nice. The lack of inhibitors and final turrets is different, I think.

I dunno I haven't played main league in like 4 years according to the account I just logged into to check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So I came back to play this game after several years. In unranked mode I won 6 of 8 matches I played and thought, ok, Im not as rusty as I think.

Go into ranked queue to do my placement matches and Im 2 for 8 with one of those being I think an intentional feed from the other team.

Hoooooboy, I thought wrong

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think everytime I come back I check to see if Syndra is anygood and she seems perpetually bad so maybe 2024 is the year

Barudak
May 7, 2007

4-6? Buddy I went 2-8 and my two wins were disconnects. Im bad, but that is worse than I expected given my win loss outside the placement so now Im grinding out to prove that was a fluke

I did relearn a lot about just letting teammates die

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its not helping Im doing most of my play in Wild Rift and so when I switch between them Im like "yo, where did my items go???"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Is Ashe support a thing now?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If I love playing support, what are the most interesting ones released in the last 2 years? Seraphine is apparently a flying warcrime but how are the others?

Also I am extremely bad and rusty but after finishing my disaster of placements have immediately gone on an uninterrupted winning streak and gotten promoted three times and out of Iron entirely so eat me placement matches.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 14, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like playing support because I like complimenting whatever my team needs but I suck real hard at being AD and AP. Historically I played a lot of Leona/Sona/Lulu or whatever else I felt would compliment my team the most.

Checking it looks like I played last in 2016 so uh last 4 years count I guess for suggestions

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like being a support and having now played a bunch of games with people just as bad as me I see why its appealing to be AP support because you don't want to be support at all and you know support players will shift to whatever last unfilled role is now that you've hogged theres.

I got stubborn and played Sona Mid into their Lux and won my lane and the game screw you annie "support"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked Tahm's design and yeah his kit doesn't really work.

Edit: the change to how locket of iron solari is built is the greatest thing in this game. Folks Im real bad at this game but surviving things you shouldn't because of it feels good each and every time.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 16, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Double post but gently caress you placement matches I went from Iron 3 to Silver 3 with a ~70% win rate mostly carried by long game win streak. Now I think Im at the appropriate level of my badness but gonna try and get to gold because there are prizes?

The above said Im a total Sona one-trick where Im averaging 69% or so with her and like 30% when forced to use anyone else so uh, what is a good resource to understand more champs? I am atrociously bad at determining when Im actually strong enough to kill someone in a fight as an adc or an a. As a jungler Im ok in the laning phase but then turn to hot dogshit when we exit that period because I cannot for the life of me ever feel strong enough to fight someone.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 17, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Verviticus posted:

play video game in draft pick and go nuts

I think what Im looking for is a like guidelines for what to look for. I can earn the feel for how to do that in draft, but if there are things I should be thinking about or doing to improve my skill before I hop in and either relearn some stuff from scratch or internalize a bad habit it would be nice.

Like a guide on good warding spots and what makes them good took 30 seconds to demonstrate what took a bunch of matches for me to solidify on my own.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Me pinging through bitter tears, retreat from Baron

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vandar posted:

I am absolutely sure that's going to happen now that we have Viego.

Surprised it hasn't happened yet. Isn't the most popular K-Pop group a boy band?

Boy bands do, across the board to my knowledge, better than girl bands.

Got7 just disbanded and one of their key members wants to do game streaming and has 1 million youtube subscribers and no videos. Riot should call him up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have mostly been playing Wild Rift but Shyvana seems a solid jungler with a weird set of all in mechanics

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Barudak posted:

I have mostly been playing Wild Rift but Shyvana seems a solid jungler with a weird set of all in mechanics

Just played a match with an excellent Shyvana (for my skill level, probably) and I feel real stupid how I play the character. Like using the ult to push the engagement backwards is a great move I can't consistently nail.

Also in wild rift I do not understand why like half the team doesn't build locket as your boots final upgrade its so friggan good even when they nerfed stacking multiples.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Went on a 4 game ranked win streak and got really mad when it said I needed a promotion match to rank up from silver 3 to silver 2 so I took a week+ break from ranked, came back and went to check and Im silver 2. My pettiness worked.

I really wish there was a bnb guide for some of these champions.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want to thank the people who were absolutely stomping me in ranked who all voted to surrender as they were winning, thanks buddies!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm in ~the bad zone~ and won matches where we were down 8 kills and lost a match where we were up 15 kills so unless its looking to be a sub 10 minute stomp I never surrender

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBX posted:

Don't surrender until they're pushing your nexus and 3 or more people have 30 second death timers.

Eh, Ive surrendered a game at around minute 10 when the enemy yasuo who was already 10/0/0 and knocked down first tower gets a 1v5 pentakill when we tried to gank them. By the time we surrendered they already knocked down the second tower.

But yeah in general I need some incontrivertable "poo poo is lost yo" before Ill surrender

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

The real problem with people rushing a ff vote is that it means they have given up like the scared babies they are.

I feel like my job as support is to prevent the surrender vote and them try to settle the clown car down on the off chance we can pull it off.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Normal is where I go to practice for the mode that tells me how much I suck when Im trying

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

normals is the fun game mode to play with your friends, thus making it the only mode worth playing. hope this helps

But they give out a prize if I can prove Im slightly better than having no 5th player

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im curious what anti-competitive protection triggers based on because just had a win 25-9 where the worst player on our team was 1/4/1 and was trying hard the dice just never came up Yi and it seems like the system might not know whats up.

It also gave me 2 points out of 200 needed for a stop loss at my level so also, kind of vaguely insulting.

Edit: I double checked and Ahahaha they left the game. We won a 4v5 and I didn't even notice and thought they were just quietly sucking somewhere.

Never ever quit your games.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Feb 6, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have thought for a long time League should have a "season pool" which is like a trimmed down set of 40 champs or so that are used for actual season play and then an open set for unranked a bit like magic the gathering.

A big reason Ive enjoyed Wild Rift is because it had less than half the champions when it launched so I had time to get re-acclimated but obviously they're adding champs as fast as they can to catch back up with PC LoL so by like June that'll be lost.

I hate the idea of promotion series so now despite 80% win rate in silver Im frozen at the first of my promotion matches. Thanks brain!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think there is a huge amount of built up investment and opportunity with the game, but you're right as a primary thing not great. Maybe a rotating event with things where the game selects like 30 champs at random and tells the two teams get to the drafting from that set, a mode where you preselect 5 champs you own and each time you die you cycle through to the next one etc.

I just think there are opportunities to play with the roster size for little bits of fun and also customize sales a little bit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Got my prize, now to never touched ranked again. My first promotion series was 3 monstrous losses in a row, so then I just had to win another 4 in a row to make up the hole, thanks.

I suck but it feels like getting MVP on support requires a weird circumstance.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Got into an intro bot match where my teammates were all bots.

Riots bots are better and now I have a loss against intro AI

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The job of support is drag your ADC kicking and screaming to bragging about how they carried the whole team and you all suck.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anidav posted:

Senna and Seph bot is a loving crime.

Heal heal heal heal heal

For only 1000g you can buy an item that banishes all that healing to the pits of hell

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Katarina event is currently live in Wild Rift; the Knifu Waifu will be mine

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Is wild rift available in NA yet?

Its supposed to come to LATAM this month and was supposed to launch in NA as well but radio silence on that right now apparently.

Im in whatever server Japan is in and I want to tell you the funniest loving thing is all the Vietnamese players whose only english is "gently caress China"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jungling is great but Im poo poo at the game so playing my game of "do whatever then take all the dragons" is probably sub optimal!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Knife Wife acquired. Now to throw her in the trashbin of characters I'll never play because Support5Ever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im naff and playing like entirely Wild Rift now, but in general I treat Jungler like Support++. The job is to proactively decide which of the three lanes you need to glom onto, track the other junglers progress, and create vision. Only at lower tiers is it safe to Yolo dragon so you want to get into the habit of basically warding, helping, then begging for objective help.

And you really want to glom onto the lane and give them heads up. Like send the pings early so they hopefully get into position and do what they need to do. Also something I've seen wreck people is hanging out in the bush hoping an opportunity comes. 8 times out of 10 it won't and the 10th time the other jungler gets into position and murders you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chaleski posted:

Some of us still have like 10 from when you couldn't adjust them on the fly

Yeah, Ive got this. So I just use them for giggles then forget and have to go whelp guess Im going all in with Sona

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its something I like a lot about wildrift, champion has their own pages so once you've made a preferred page its always there and when you pick a champ it defaults to their page you've made for them. You can have multiple per champ too so if you do have like two variations depending on team comp you can set them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait thats Seraphine's backstory??? Oh my god thats incredible. How do you write that and not realize what you are saying???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just had an invigorating win as Sona where despite my laning partner going 0-3 and myself 0-1 we won the game and I got MVP by picking up 5 kills and a pile of assists.

We are going to win even if I have to drag you kicking and screaming to the finish line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best champs in the game are the ones I forget exist and then get 100% dumpstered by.