Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Whoo ground floor :toot:

I'm having loads of fun with Ashe now that I did in fact switch to Press The Attack (even though it's getting nerfed soon, rip). Ashe does so much loving damage and no one expects it and then they're just loving dead.

Precision:
Press The Attack
Overheal or Triumph (if you have a heal support/expect to buy into heavy lifesteal, Overheal, otherwise Triumph)
Alacrity
Coup De Grace (if they go double tank, grab Cut Down instead)

Domination:
Cheap Shot
Zombie Ward

Seriously, she's gonna get overlooked due to Vayne and Ez and probably MF being the hugest outliers but Ashe is a top tier pro pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Boxman posted:

What changed that Teemo support is a thing this patch? Was it trending up and I just missed it? Or did some rear end in a top hat start streaming it.

Either way I queue supp/top and it's nice to be able to ban the same champ always.

Teemo w/Aery is still stupidly strong and blinding dart is an automatic trade winner in botlane so now it might actually have some vague merit to it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have to assume Morde is on the rework block after Swain in terms of 'complete' overhaul. He remains the jankiest, buggiest champ on the roster.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Luna Was Here posted:

I think they're trying to get rid of old champion kits that are either feast or famine (except for kindred because FoF is her literal design) or kits that completely shape the game around them, like irelias.

This doesn't actually counterpoint the fact that Morde's design gameplay-wise is super awful garbage busted and was even before the attempt to shove him botlane (which I agree wasn't a bad idea but was easily the worst executed Juggernaut). Taking control of Dragon is boss as hell though.

Also I'm legitimately trying to think of who would qualify for a complete VGU overhaul next if not Morde. All of the worst offenders are done or in progress.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

There's the distinct possibility that Leona might be a little too strong right now.

I think you';re right (partially due to aftershock and the way it applies w/her w) but at the same time i sincerely hope they don't nerf her so hard she vanishes for like two year like they did the last time leona was popular because it seems to happen to her Constantly

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah the remaining Silences left in game:
Malz Q
Garen Q
Cho W
Soraka E
Fiddle E
Blitz R

All of them are either really short duration (Blitz R, Cho W, Malz Q) or have some other point of contention to them (Closing the gap for Garen's Q, silence only works in Soraka's E's AoE, Fiddle Crow Bounces). I wouldn't mind if they removed the others though.

Blitz R also has I think the last enemy of 'pure' RNG in the game in static bolts but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think the current 'must-bans' in botlane right now are Vayne and/or MF. Vayne unless you dumpster her -and- win the game in sub-30 minutes will manage to come online with Press The Attack + Shiv + IE. MF is really disgusting right now because she's a lethality-stacking AD and with a lot of resists gone all across the board she basically does true damage + a double up crit is a guaranteed back.

I actually don't think twitch and tristana are must-bans anymore now that Ardent's been thoroughly dumpstered. Kog is still a problem is a lot of comps. Corki is a theoretical ban if he starts getting picked more because he does a fuckton of burst as a triforce-building AD who's nigh-impossible to built tank against.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm not sure Guardian is that much better than Aftershock for Sion if you're specifically going for Sion support but I only play him in the toplane so I guess that's not my business :shrug:

I have been having a lot of fun with the return of Support Nautilus though.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel like Triumph and Coup de grace really crowd out any other options for those tiers of precision.
Presence of mind can barely edge out triumph on karthus and anivia, but in season 7 that 5% missing HP heal was a huge swing and now it's 15% + 25g.

I feel like in botlane Overheal is a decent contender with Triumph right now because if you have either a healing-based support or a tanky support running Relic Shield you can build up a decent buffer to free trades which lets you win the lane without necessarily needing to go for the SICK PLAY DOUBLE KILL. Admit that Triumph is probably the 'strongest' of the options though. Cut Down is a good option vs Coup de Grace, but right now no one's running setups in which it'd be advantageous (ie teamcomps with more than 1 tank) so it's not -as- useful. It's basically a free Giant Slayer in terms of overall damage which isn't anything to scoff at.

Admittedly I'm not finding much use for Last Stand (or really even Presence of Mind on any of my usual choices) so the tree could use some tuning.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 27, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

You do get 4% increased damage vs everyone who has like 150 more max HP than you which, if you're taking it on a marksman, doesn't take much. Hell, tanky supports usually end up with that much more than you before they even get a Sightstone.

But I mean, that's kind of the 'design space' of Runes. A lot of the slots are supposed to be dependent on team comp. Coup De Grace isn't a bad choice, but if you're facing like, Sej Jungle + Cho + a tanky engage support like Leona/Nautilus/w/e the Cut Down is actually pretty powerful and gives you a modicum of tank shredding early on that you wouldn't have otherwise.

It's exactly like the choice between Iron Skin/Mirror Shell/Conditioning in the resolve tree, it's a design space you can change after you see the enemy team and go 'okay, they're really tanky, I need some extra shred.'

Monathin fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 27, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

duck trucker posted:

All for one is great when everyone's on board with all Taric/Braum/Alistair etc.

But you always end up with some stupid rear end in a top hat who only wants fiora/riven/zed bullshit.

All For One with nu-taric was quite possibly the stupidest loving thing I've ever done. I would never call it good or balanced, but me and a bunch of friends just spent all night chaining invulnerabilities and winning fights in various builds of stupidity (full tank, traditional 'support' taric, T(a)ri(c)force) because we just straight up couldn't be damaged for like 10 straight seconds.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Lucian is so bad right now, I miss fervor.

Have you tried Press The Attack on him? I got bodied by one earlier but sample size that is not. He went iedge into shiv build.

That said, Lucian never really recovered from the one-two punch his passive took sometime early last season. I played him near exclusively up until that point and it felt impossible to do anything with him after a point.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sexpansion posted:

I lost three very winnable games last night because my bot lane inexplicably decided to run into the enemy jungle with no vision over and over again, ama

For real, though, I wish I was good at ADC, because it seems like the fate of bot lane is deciding every game in this patch.

Or, hear me out

you could play yorick, as I am going to because botlane is a cointoss rn

(seriously though, Yorick is busted and will probably only get moreso next patch)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gowb posted:

HOw so and what do you take on him??

Resolve + Sorcery. Grasp/Demolish (Unflinching also works)/Whichever Resist You Need For Lane/Second Wind on Resolve, Celerity(Or Transcendance I GUESS, if you're boring) + Ultimate Hat from Sorcery.

Grasp empowered Q means you are incredibly hard to out-trade, and Q's heal means you'll basically have the boost from Iron Skin/Mirror Shell up 95% of the time. W is basically either a get-out-of-gank free card or forces someone's flash, and E does a lot more damage than anyone expects. If you are going anywhere close to even in lane you will probably force a lovely back and claim first tower before botlane manages to figure out that objectives are a thing that exist.

Once you have Maiden, any W you land on the toplaner is basically kill threat. Trap them in W, throw E, summon Maiden, walk in for your Q/summon more ghouls alongside Maiden. If they don't flash/dash away they're effectively screwed and then Maiden helps you take tower faster. Maiden's cooldown is obscene so being able to knock 15% off that is actually pretty goddamn bonkers.

Start corrupting potion, build Triforce/Zzrot/Steraks, usually in that order but sometimes you're snowballing hard and want Steraks before Zzrot. Fill out the rest of your build with the appropriate resist boosts and tank items to taste. Spirit Visage is hilarious if their team is AP-heavy. Dead Man's Plate helps you go fast and thus secure kills with Q. You can also go Titanic Hydra if you aren't murdering enough but I don't find that to be a huge problem with Yorick

Once you've taken top tower basically just roam all over the map. Leave not a single lane unpushed. Put ghouls in one lane, Maiden in another, Zzrot in the third, or save Maiden for a teamfight where most dweebs will ignore her in favor of trying to kill you/your team and she'll do hilarious amounts of damage and then, again, guarantee an objective.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 5, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also Yorick is going to get more busted because

Revitalize is going to work on his self-heal Q next patch which is going to give him +15% healing on Q below 40% HP, which already does double healing if you hit it when you're below half, so I fully expect once that hits it'll be taken in favor of Second Wind and just turn Yorick into a sustain monster who can't be shoved out of lane by anything less than a 3-man top dive.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 5, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gowb posted:

Why not just play tom kench tho and be more useful and tankier than yorick?

Work Friend Keven posted:

The Current Best split pusher in the game, is Yorick. He's great 1v1, crushes towers, and has crazy sustain. I don't even know what beats him except like a god mode fiora or fwiggin trundle, which nobody plays.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

To actually answer your question, gowby, it's because in a solo queue environment in which people will randomly forget about objectives all the way up to like high gold/low plat, Yorick is basically the man who can force down any objective sans like, Elder/Baron. Need to do dragon? Team wandering around in the other lanes? Summon Maiden, 2v1 Dragon. Your presence in any lane once you get either a Phage and/or a Sheen will basically force either a kill or a death, and if you have Maiden up it makes an easy objective take.

Play Yorick to crush towers and the hopes of your opponents.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah Trynd is a bad pick into Yorick and so is Vlad becayse Vlad needs a lot more time to come online thus allowing Yorick to just bully you to death.

Of the games I've played as Yorick the matchups that frustrate me the most are Pantheon (shield blocks Q and then he can retaliate) and Fiora (W blocks the mark on your E, which is a lot of your trading power). Both are strong laners in their own right, although both if they dont kill you early you can overpower with Maiden.

I haven't played against Malz or Swain yet but it wouldn't surprise me if they zoned Yorick out effectively.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 5, 2017

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Aumanor posted:

And all Yorick gets is a slap on the wrist. Yeah, sure, 3 base AD will surely make a huge difference. gently caress's sake, Riot.

Like I mentioned on the last page, Revitalize working on Shields/Heals casting on the user might be a net buff to him assuming it works the way I think it does (which is that it'll proc on self-heal), turning him into a monster.

If you're a fan of Yorick, play him this patch because there's never gonna be a better time.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

People aren't banning Yorick because even though Yorick's rework helped him in popularity he's still really niche, but he's definitely picking up some steam.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tahm kench is already the vore champion we deserve

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Khazix's whole Alien Evolution thing is more center stage for him and Kogmaw dissolves you by spitting incredibly deadly acid. Tahm Kench swallows you whole.

That's all you need to know and all I'm even willing to go into in this thread cause yikes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rip 60% Winrate Morgana 12-6-17 to 12-7-17

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

http://plays.tv/video/5a2ec9b04680537591/lmao

Clownshoes League remains fun as hell.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah this actually looks like it has the potential to Own Super Hard

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Rygar201 posted:

She's for sale?!?!?

You can get anything in the Snowdown Shop. I got Bewitching Tristana and Heartseeker Ashe, and I might pick them up after the holidays if my finances survive.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

pog boyfriend posted:

make a new tank to fill old poppys role of surviving things with 40hp while also taking 2 minutes to kill. doot doot.

Just play yorick for this tbqh

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

New Urgot's ult is probably one of the most viscerally satisfying ults in the entire game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Vermain posted:

I believe they've said the VGU order for this year is Swain -> Irelia -> Aatrox, so I'd expect him around the same time Eve was released last year.

Except Aatrox isn't getting a full visual update to go with his gameplay update, or so Riot has tried to adhere to, so I would say he might actually show up closer to midseason, maybe later.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arctic Ops Gragas actually looks pretty neat, though it's hilarious that he's here alongside the Sweetheart duo and the Lunar Revel set.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

rip spooky ghosts

again

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Once the tower shot has fired, you cant dodge it, so juggling aggro comes down to having multiple people dive, 'juggling' the tower aggro by getting in and out of range, Before the shots fire.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Addamere posted:

Always ban Yasuo :eng101:

:agreed:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sexpansion posted:

It's really only based on where you were last season. If you were gold you're going to be some kind of silver, if you were silver you're going to be some kind of bronze, etc.

I went like 2-8 and was in Silver 2 and got Silver 5 so this isn't entirely accurate even if it's a good metric

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Fridurmus posted:

What even is the current ADC meta, I hate this, I should just go back to the jungle and not have to last hit

:negative: All I want to do is improve

I'm basically going to not touch ranked until next patch after having done my placements because I want Double Relic Meta to die in a loving hole

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

New Swain wearing an overcoat as a cape like an anime villain, I’m ready, give it to me.

:emptyquote:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

How Rude posted:

Platinum 2 ranked game support build. Guess the champion.

taric

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The Shortest Path posted:

So is the FQC active just gone forever now, instead of being moved to another item like was done with other old item changes?

Pouring one out for my spooky ghost bros. :(

They said fqc active and possible talisman active may return in a different item at some point, so spooky ghosts will live again maybe.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Time for everyone's favorite game

Guess That Champion, ARAM Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?