Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I miss the circular casual map, Dominion? I'd love a more casual map than the sweaty main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I guess? It's not a game mode I enjoy at all.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

If I don't care about getting a little sticker that says what rank I am, is there a reason to play ranked? I've never been around for any of their new systems and just try and play this game as chill as possible.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

There's in theory a skin or whatever for getting gold or higher

It's absolutely not worth it imo, I've only been playing normals or other modes for years and years and it feels great

Ah yeah lmao, if the only thing requires getting high rank, I'd never get that so staying in normals.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Firebert posted:

if you don’t vote for more goth skins you hosed up

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Veryslightlymad posted:

Please stop reworking my champs, please and thank you.

Two of my only good champs were old Fiddle and Old Irelia, and now I can't use either to save my life. Udyr is also a favorite. :(

I massively miss old Irelia, and my current goal is losing horribly with new Irelia until I /get/ her. My experience thus far has either been I am awful and feed like hell or I absolutely dominate in a way where I'm not sure what the difference is when I do good or gently caress up.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Boxman posted:

Draft pick makes this way better, and playing with goons will help a lot too. Discord's in the OP.

Can't stress how much of a difference draft pick makes. You queue for specific roles, usually get them and there's way less stress over arguing as everyone just plays chicken.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

strong bird posted:

janna changes look like poo poo. elementally opposed to any changes to the samurai guys that would be construed as a buff. nocturne and rengar buffs. dogshit patch. fire RiotAugust whoever they are.

:hmmyes:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Malah posted:

Interesting use of on-hit scaling to tune her kit but unfortunately her early game is as dire as ever

Top Karma's early game is still fantastic :getin:

Is this just a knowledge thing? Every time I've seen a Kat on the enemy team she single handedly carries the game. What's the trick to stop her?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

pidan posted:

There's a lot, but I think the only canon ones are Varus lore, Diana/Leona and Vi/Cait, with the almost canon ones being Graves/TF and Neeko.

Some of the skins that have their own lore are also gay

Is Arcane a different canon from like the normal game or something cause Vi and Cait are obviously gay af for each other.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dr. Doctor Mundo, PhD, MD.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

strong bird posted:

hes a gay vampire

That's redundant, you can just say vampire.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

verbal enema posted:

Bring back HoN

HoNs casual mode was really fun, and I liked how almost every hero had an opposite gender skin available.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

verbal enema posted:

remember when fiddlesticks didnt have an inbuilt flash in his ult lmao

Wait his ult has a built in flash now? :eyepop:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Gwen being bad sucks because she's the closest champ I've found to old Irelia, and despite how powerful new Irelia can be, I absolutely suck as her.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yeah I have no idea what inting is.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Monicro posted:

league of legends as a brand is like 60% lesbian by volume at this point and i can offer nothing but thanks to the universe for that

Comparing Kai'sa and Akali to Rakan and Xayah is about as blatant as Genshin Impact creating a character who surrounds herself with women while wearing gloves that have long claws on every finger...except for the index and middle finger. :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

It's a testament to just how strong their character identity stuff is I think

Like a lot of people pretty much play league just to play their favorite characters. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that extended to their other games which is why stuff like TFT hung around while all the rest of them disappeared

A League Diablo clone or Genshin clone would be fun. I wonder how the MMO will work because I think the fun is playing as Miss Fortune, not playing as a pirate rip off class.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

That Syndra skin makes me actually want to try and learn to play her.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Vermain posted:

It's only partly related to League, but LoR did a really solid redesign of Seraphine that I wish they'd retcon over into League. Aside from fitting in way better with the Piltovan aesthetic, they managed to give her some actual characterization: she's a tinker that makes her own equipment, dyes her hair pink as part of her stage persona, and tries to infuse her work with aesthetics that the Zaun underground would find appealing. It's a genuinely great bit of character work.

Yeah the rework she had in LoR is really incredible and actually makes me kind of like her. It needs to be backported. Sadly to make up for this LoR Vayne uses her sentinel skin as a base which might be the only one worse than her actual base skin.

https://twitter.com/RiotDenwhat/status/1578801519268630528?s=20&t=QswGEJhJZRY7wcSwTFgRQg

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hellioning posted:

Boo missing out on punk Seraphine with a prosthetic leg.

That first one is for a different card/person. But yes if they are going to give us musicians punk rocker and not just as a skin please.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Purple = win.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Is Zeri still dogshit? I really like her design but I remember hearing she's terrible and there's no patch notes for her in there. :ohdear:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Monicro posted:

Incredible news gamers: zeri is being discharged from the hospital

https://twitter.com/TheTruexy/status/1592572140603076608

tldr they're cutting out a lot of her magic damage and range, but rewarding her for taking more risks (E gives infinite empowered autos for 5s instead of the next 3 autos, ult AOE does more damage) and obviously giving her a bunch of her numbers back. Zeri is probably one of my top 5 favorite champs so this is tremendous news, thank you so much Riot Tim

I've wanted to try and learn to play her because she looks super fun so her being playable again will be great. Now how long will it take for those to hit live?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I think jungle is the hardest role in the game where everyone will yell at you if you gently caress up. Source me, seething at the last jungler I had because instead of playing with the team at any point in time, he would wander off and play solo until the enemy jungle got fed enough to stomp us all. You have a lot of pressure not only to farm in your lane but roam around and gank and do all the critical objectives, like jungler really sets the tempo and you can feel a good or bad jungler way more than a bad top laner for example.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Yorick immediately comes to mind if you just want to push and ignore the enemy team. And your team. You buy Hullbreaker, stay away from your allies, and just be a cockroach constantly pushing. It's the most annoying thing to play against.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'm much happier than when playing support I feel like an actual hero and not just a walking ward.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

rip old irelia

I really liked her old kit and I hate that I just don't click with her new one at all.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I feel like all most mmo fans wanted was for them to copy Classic World of Warcraft, change all the nouns, and call it a day. So that should be perfect for their design philosophy, but....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I am not the biggest fan of the Irelia rework, but mostly because it changed her from more of a bruiser to basically an assassin with a ton of apm stuff that I suck at.