Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Battle cast illoy is easily the worst option.

Not sure about that but adventurer was clearly the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

midlaners - play what apdo is playing. He knows what is good.

Play Lux.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

I wish I knew which Inspiration runes he was taking on her

I've been running Domination secondary for Eyeball Collection and the stacking MS rune

Probably cosmic insight and flashtraption or late stage capitalism (the debt one)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Don’t take minion dematerializer on any champ ever. Instead learn how to last hit and manage your minion waves and mana.

Yeah I don't see how minion dematerializer is any good at all

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

the best top lane bans are like, yorick and teemo lmao. teemo is even seeing play in kespa cup as a support. the times we live in

Did you see the Xerath support today?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i cant tell if its just some goofy pocket pick or if runes are tilted so heavily to arcane comet/aery that this is just the obvious outcome

edit: i am fairly certain that double arcane comet is gonna be meta in pro play unless something wild comes out of nowhere

I think you're right and it's just really really good on a few mages

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I accept that I am wrong about minion dematerializer, I will try it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Zoe looks like a completely OP champ in the hands of somebody who understands the kit.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm just waiting for riot to mess up one of my favorite champions but it hasn't happened yet

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I mean I guess they could gently caress up j4, vel'koz, or zed, but it seems pretty unlikely

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Don't play Rengar unless you are willing to put 100+ games in on him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

QEW. The cooldown on W doesn't scale with rank, and since all J4 does is combo, auto, and dunk, you want to be able to use your combo as often as possible. As an added bonus, additional attack speed for the whole team is relevant.

QWE but start E. It used to be QEW but since his W got buffed I prefer that second.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Any thoughts on Kassadin and the new runes? I've tried aery and comet, both of which seem reasonable, but not ideal. I've heard that press the attack kassadin might be a thing?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Electrocute..? He's an assassin with a 3+ hit burst combo who doesn't bring strong CC.

yeah I will try that, but his laning phase is kind of rough and I don't think it would particularly help it. You really need early Q poke to survive most lanes.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I think unsealed spellbook is pretty loving good.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I never quite understand what exactly I'd want to replace my starting sums with, I usually start with them for a reason, I can only think of replacing or adding teleport based on how the game is going.

I start tp, use it once or twice for lane, then switch to an optimal summoner spell (on malz usually ghost, cleanse, or barrier). You can always switch it back to tp if you need it for late game, which can be extremely powerful in some lategame circumstances.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh also, the inspiration rune that lets you go into debt is underrated right now imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

did Lee W to GP at the same time that GP flashed into the bush? I have no clue.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I can't believe they made that just because they changed Varus' lore. Riot has a lot of money.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

if you think that's bad wait til you see this guy's posts https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=753278

i am the straightest person in this thread

/listens to seven hours of musicals on youtube

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

JerryLee posted:

So let me make sure I'm not misreading that

Varus is a gay couple that was combined into one body

yuuup

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Really I think the only thing I agree with here is the two gay guys inside Varus aren't actually intending anything sexual

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
that's a deep cut, btw

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
How awful is leveling an account now, I kind of want to make a smurf.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

You're welcome.

Nasus has always done this. It's just now there's runes that really help you do this. Build him tanky (shocker), and you'll just be around long enough for Q to chunk people.

Tanks are just great right now. Last night I managed to get +165 HP from Grasp before laning ended against an Irelia. I also killed her/enemy jungle every time they tried to gank me because being able to build pure tank and poo poo out more damage than two people is ridiculous.

Until traditional bruisers get an actual viable Keystone top lane - since just flat out none of them work well there - you can just pick any champion that scales with HP/resists and go destroy some hopes and dreams.

So what does one run on Nasus now, grasp + ?? Inspiration for biscuit and boots?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Urf had its moments

E: the Halloween one with teemo was kind of fun too

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 2, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Drone_Fragger posted:

Honestly you should probably ban kassadin every game too now as well. His ratios are back at the level they were when he was 100% pick ban and with the new runes you can both: a: put out an unreasonable level of early poke with Q and Aery, and b: Riftwalk 8 times with the 800 mana cost riftwalk thanks to presence of mind and with a 1 second cooldown thanks to ultimate hat.

I think kass is good but ultimate hat may be a noob trap on him

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

faker has been playing unsealed spellbook zoe and it rules

Inspiration tree is really good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I lost three very winnable games last night because my bot lane inexplicably decided to run into the enemy jungle with no vision over and over again, ama

For real, though, I wish I was good at ADC, because it seems like the fate of bot lane is deciding every game in this patch.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I can't really recommend picking trynd right now in a patch state where malphite and teemo are both top tier top laners and against yorick he can bully you out of lane and save his cage for when you use your spin.

Good picks into yorick are those that can just endlessly waveclear or damage him outside of his effective range like swain/malz or a cheeky yasuo that endlessly dashes and max range Q pokes without him being able to do anything in reaction.

I've played about three or four games with a Trynd in them since the big pre-season patch and I have literally never seen it be successful.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-724-notes

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

gowb posted:

I love going into debt to buy locally sourced fruits and vegetables at a farmer's market

#lateStageCapitalism

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Aerox posted:

Built in voice chat is coming but will only be available to parties, which is pretty much the best way they could have handled it IMO.

Other party stuff too but it's just QOL stuff.

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/dev-upcoming-party-changes/

Yeah I can live with that, that's a very reasonable compromise.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm kind of sad that I didn't get to play on the one day Morgana was totally broken.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The best thing about that dc game was when they payed a bunch of league streamers to play it on stream and they all pretended to enjoy it, which is common enough now, but was kind of new back then

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

That glimmer of hope you see? That's me

https://imgur.com/OrlYezj

runes pls

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hmmmm
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/dev-clash/

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I got secret agent Xin, which I wanted (i typed it into the store before opening my secret shop) but everything else totally sucked.

No screenshots but just trust me.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
WTF RIOT

DON'T DO THIS RIOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I just don't want to have to ban Yasuo every game again.