Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Patch https://lol.garena.com/news/notes/patch-723-maintenance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

FillInTheBlank posted:

If they gave Nunu back his attack speed slow do you think he could survive in todays botlane?

He... still has that

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah, no one is getting mana band for lategame, but it’s insane in early laning.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Boxman posted:

It's Riot's complete and total blindness to see that complexity creep is a thing that actively needs to be managed (shout outs).

Reminder that Zoe not only has these weird intuitive bits of her kit she also adds yet another status effect to the game.

EDIT: I haven't read that in a while, and the bit about how they can make the game a touch simpler by cleaning up armor/MR/armor pen/Mpen is funnier in light of the lethality changes, which is a thing I'm still not sure I understand in detail.

Love to click on one of my posts from two years ago and see a missing word in the first paragraph

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

This is a lot of words to say LoL's hero design is lazy and overcomplicated.
No it isn't.

League's design makes more sense than DOTA. All my criticisms are amplified 10x for that game.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

Look, I didn't mean to argue specifics. I just prefer champions that are easy to understand and explain but have abilities that can be used in many different ways (Azir is a good example, I think). I want to read about a new skill and go "oh, that's a cool mechanic that really sets this champ apart!" and not "ok so Ekko has Sivir's shuriken but it slows people and stands still for a little bit before coming back dealing more damage". The differences between say, Kayn's ult and Zed's ult just don't seem big enough to be interesting to me.

...So what I'm saying is I really agree with that article. But I'd rather not have a quote war with the entire thread about it :shobon:

Nah, I'm not gonna get into a dumb debate. I just don't like it when someone responds to a piece of my writing by saying that I think League's hero design is lazy. I don't think that! You're agreeing with a point I'm not making!

I do think League's designs are frequently overcomplicated. That part is true. And your point about abilities that can be used in many different ways is true (Ziggs W is a good example, especially before they added the tower-blowing-up thing).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

d0grent posted:

eve is so fun

Oooh perfect

Something tells me Twitch wasn't having a fun game, huh

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

So uh is Nunu working as intended? Cause even I can tell something's off.

And it's not just the fact that there are champs called Amumu, Nunu and Lulu.

The current runes are really unkind to Nunu (and Ivern). He definitely needs a rework, even though I adore playing him when he's decent. He's just so different than a traditional jungler.

They've tried a few times to rework different parts of him as a stopgap until he gets a full overhaul: his Q used to just be a smite + heal, then they gave it different buffs based on what he eats with it, then they replaced that with a max HP + movespeed stacking mechanic, then they changed his passive so it also casts the spell one level above in addition to making it free.

All of that is playing in the margins and ignores the fact that his kit is six years out of date.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mikujin posted:

Nunu is one of the worst performing champs across any role right now and I'm super ok with that because when Nunu is good he's obnoxiously so.

What I'm saying is rework Nunu because he's extremely boring and nothing about him clicks except the ice + yeti thing I guess. Just make him an ADC version of Kled who throws snowballs.

Thematically idgaf, but gameplay-wise I'd like it if they solidified him as the premier control/counterjungling dude. As is, it kinda happened by accident because of how his Q works.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Two options:

1) need twenty minutes of different yeti noises

2) reboot concept with Nunubot as the base skin.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Mash posted:

Nunu
Rammus
Volibear
Aatrox

Nunu ult is difficult to use, but it owns when you actually pull off a full channel.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elentor posted:

Much like pre-rework Sion, I miss pre-rework Zyra. I can no longer mono-champion my way in the game because nothing else feels as right as plant lady did. I don't even play her anymore, the pain is too hard to bear.

Her kit barely changed, and the changes improved her. Idk what you’re missing. The slowest movespeed? The near-useless passive? Not actually being able to make a plant till level two?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Weird piece of League ability coding that might actually affect your gameplay: Zyra’s ult happens in two separate parts. First it does damage immediately, then it knocks up without additional damage. So if you need to finish off a low-health target you don’t need to predict their movement, and if you’re at 1hp you can walk into the knockup and live

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

Zyra traded off reduced power in her Q (both in terms of its damage and cast shape) and less plant damage in exchange for not having worse base stats than loving Sona. It was a good trade.

The 20 base movespeed buff :swoon:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Super Librarian posted:

This would be built by someone in every single game

Six of them would be in the top five most common builds for Riven and Draven

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

Can I get some Rengar tips, please? I'm trying to learn him and while he's fun when your early ganks work out and you can really get the ball rolling, I find he's very all or nothing. By the mid game, if I can do a bunch of burst damage or even one-shot somebody things look good, but I don't see how I'm supposed to teamfight when that doesn't work. His passive means you're missing out on 10-20% of your damage if you can't land those ganks.

Am I supposed to only build damage items with him or would it be okay to go tank and just be a nuisance if I'm having a bad time? (maybe buy a frozen mallet?)

Well, you pretty much nailed the Rango Experience. He’s one of the most feast-or-famine champs in the game.

If you want more survivability, you should build Black Cleaver, because the item is just really good. One pure defensive item is fine if you’re exploding too fast. Tank rengar was really big in pro games ages ago, but in solo queue you see him getting built pretty much like Zed.

The fact is, rengar is a REALLY hard champion to learn. The main thing that separates the rengar one-tricks from the proles with 40% winrate is the use of the other part of his passive: brush jumping. You’ll see those nerds jumping like, every other auto. It’s really effective! I can’t do it! I forget about it! It’s especially tough because you need to build an instinctive feel for how far you can jump, which would be tough even if it didn’t change throughout the game, which it does.

Pre-6, some moron has to be at 100hp with no flash and pushed under your team’s turret to even CONSIDER ganking when you have camps up. Discussion among rengar mains as far as early game is basically just, “what’s the fastest way to hit 6 on this patch.” He’s a jungler in the genre of being useless 1-5, absurdly powerful 6-11, useless 12-18.

Teamfighting is basically one-shotting a squishy from a flank (NOT AS PRIMARY ENGAGE), then hoping the fight is somewhere with brush.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Kha also has way more early pressure than Rengar, doesn’t rely on an insanely long cooldown ultimate, and is way less likely to get executed trying to farm early. He’s probably the easiest assassin to play.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Pantheon, etc irl

ExCUSE me, but I don’t CONSIDer PANTHeon to be an ASSASSIN, you can see from his builds th

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

Yeah I gave up on Rengar and bought Jarvan instead, I'm enjoying him so much more. I'm not taking my chances with another Assassin till I have a decent jungle lineup to pick from. "Feast or famine" sounds really unfun.

Should I Q>E>W or Q>W>E with jungle Jarvan? Or something else?

QEW. The cooldown on W doesn't scale with rank, and since all J4 does is combo, auto, and dunk, you want to be able to use your combo as often as possible. As an added bonus, additional attack speed for the whole team is relevant.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
ADC: *attacks the opposing tank with 12 consecutive autos, kiting perfectly*
Rammus: ok

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

njsykora posted:

I remember people banning Ornn when he first came out because he was so weak it was basically a guaranteed loss if he was on your team.
Same but Ivern. I had to stop hovering him because people would ban it to stop me from playing it. Then the jungle changed and it made him busted, and I was one of like a dozen people that had put serious effort into learning that champ and it was difficult to lose

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I miss Ivern

Well my computer is completely broke so I miss League in general, but I specifically miss peak Ivern.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

el dingo posted:

One of the discord goons was doing it and although its better than it was, there's still a load of arbitrary restrictions on runes. I don't think you can make your own page until 15 or something and even then you're not allowed to use inspiration because obviously people who have a mere 100~ games under their belt cannot handle the sheer complexity that is kelptomancy

That is baffling

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Dark Star is fun for like, two games every six months.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Clash looks absolutely incredible and I look forward to the inevitable collapse of Goon Diamond Stack

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

its really satisfying when your opponent locks in some dumb poo poo in jungle and you just take blue or red and walk up to them and kill them at their red buff for free. depending on how dumb of a jungler they picked you can literally kill them with an e and some autos.

I learned jungling and then counterjungling playing Willump. There was this gradual shift in going “oh I can steal his buffs when he’s not there” to “oh he’s at 100hp, it doesn’t matter if he’s there because even a cannon minion could duel him at this point.” If you figure out when Willump can duel people, you can learn to jungle-duel as anyone

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mikujin posted:

It's because they'll ban Janna to remove a player from the game.

Tbqh I’ve played like two games of reworked Janna (my computer has been dead for weeks). I probably suck at her now and will play Leona to dunk on the silver player that got stuck playing support with their diamond buds

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If you don’t use sly cooper twitch you’re a casual.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

https://imgur.com/MfUyNrl

:thunk:

Might post some gifs tomorrow night

That’s a very specific kind of perfect game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

why the hell would you not take moo cow alistar

I’d kill a man for 70% off that skin. It’s not just his best skin, it’s not even close

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Everyone gets at least three Ashe skins by the time they hit 1k games whether they want them or not

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Some of those muscles are fictional

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

does anyone have the old kingcobweb "how to play support miss fortune" video

Namesearch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX_deR7ORzo&t=26s

I made this literally after the first game that it was used in Worlds. Since then I've played it a few times in norms and absolutely run over bad players with it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I reinstalled this dumb game

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

master dopa on the current meta: korizon.net/dopa-eu-meta-support-overpowered/

quote:

Dopa: I think ADC players are the people you need to respect in this meta the most. Because ADC really is a skill match-up. Most ADC players are stupid. And they have to be! Because they have to focus on a different aspect of the game
Lmao he’s right though

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Janna is definitely for cowards...... cowards who want to be High Ranked. I don’t think any champion routinely stands as far away from the opposing champions as Janna. Perhaps Lux, Ziggs, or Soraka.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
About a dozen games so far this year and not a single person has accused me of buying my account. This community disappoints me

The only person to get mad at me (in a way) was a mid Kindred who got dumpstered and asked, “what is this mmr” (he was silver v, the rest of my team was silver/bronze, and the enemies were gold, which is the highest rank possible in League of Legends)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Why does she need to be a viable top laner though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

no because with malzahar he was pretty good as an AP mid laner, the new rework is not particularly better, i guess it is kind of better, but malzahar could also be played as an AD mid laner using pets, an AD top laner , an AP or an AD jungler, and you could also kind of work the gimmicks of AP top malzahar and adc malzahar. but with new rework, all of those alternative ways to play him disappeared, and for what?

The rework did make jungle malz and support malz meta for a few minutes before they removed those options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My issue isn’t that champions shouldn’t be viable in multiple roles (all else equal it’s cool and good), but that Vi has bigger issues than only being a jungler. She’s not even played as a jungler hardly any more. Granted I’ve still only played like 20 games this year, but I’ve yet to see her.

She needs work to differentiate her from J4. One of the two is always better by the numbers, and the other one is just inferior.

Her kit is really simple and fun. But it does feel like there’s something missing there, some hook that she could have. She reminds me of old Warwick (and I think their Warwick rework was one of their best, if not the best period).

If she misses Q, she has almost nothing to do. Even if she hits it, there’s no real gameplay when she’s in a teamfight other than timing your E as an auto reset.