Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
hmm, kimsemus and non-pvp pacts... where have i seen these two things before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

"Wurm Online combined with the combat mechanics of Mount & Blade: Warband" from the op is probably the best description ive read

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i saw in the op's discord that nothing is secure client side. wonder how long before teleporting mans who one shot you appear

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so how much dirt do i have to dig before i find the buried fun in the mines

e: is there a pay for fun (p4f) cash shop in this game?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

imagine making an mmo so bad you give the thumbs up to botting. jesus wept

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

oh god, another :10bux: :20bux: lit on fire to chase the dragon. here we go :homebrew:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i joined because apparently it wont suck to level fighting now but also to play video games with you

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

IF YOU HAVE AN ALT TO PUT INTO THE ALT GUILD PM ME

this man is your friend. make an alt if you want to have fun times doing silly violence to mans

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cum slay video game mans m'lard

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

game is good, there are dirts to move, mans to harass and shoe away from our glorious grove of trees. today we murdered a guy we assumed had chopped down some of our trees because he had an axe and saw. apparently he was a new guy that had just spawned in, spent some of the microtransaction currency to buy the set of basic metal tools (dont do this, its dumb) and was just running around our poo poo. think he asked for a refund?

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 10, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Marxalot posted:

Oh god another terrible open world autism grind game to suck me in.

run away before you shirk responsibilities in the name of building digital dung heaps

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Fallout posted:

Someone thought that it would be nice to post some media, so here's some aerial shots of our base under construction, and our tree grove.

Also a cute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjjhDx_qGjg

in it / :five:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

you can play without poopsocking but there is a lot of poopsocking involved in this game. everything worth having is a pain in the rear end to get so people arent so ready to hand out whatever to anyone. for 30 bucks its worth a look though

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if you've been logged off all week while the rest of us do all the work, now is the time to log in!!!!

were gonna go murder mans in 30ish minutes from this post!!!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if you're thinking about buying this game, read this post

forge posted:

After some discussion..

P2W was picked to appease the masses as the evil hackers. Even though admittedly only 2 people I know from P2W ever used a "hack" of the 15 or so which were in the guild. Foozy was banned from the assumption he was cheating and guild creator. I was banned because I was the now current Count of P2W. They didn't know that my account "leader of p2w" was me "forge" and I was one and the same. This is why me and foozy got banned and Simon, I have no idea. Simon now also unbanned, with no proof, and never affiliated with P2W. There was discussion about the fact that "Goons" got a claim on the enemy territory RIGHT after guilds were deleted. So far no one can give me any proof this occurred as goons, this is when it dawned on me. The claim they are talking about is actually the P2W claim on Hyperion. Also the only one left after the guilds got deleted. They see this claim on the only patch of trees around and assume we placed it and why P2W was targeted. Though none of this could be further from what actually happened, our P2W claim was there for at least 3 weeks. Which leads us to the following..

TLDR: P2W ate so many tickets and complaints from all of the Hyperion island guilds, and Everstorm and Co. It was assumed that since we were taking on 10+ dudes with 2-3 that we somehow were cheating. Me and Blazing were taking on 10 dudes most of the time, and when Delamore got into the mix we were fighting up to 20 with guerrilla tactics and getting kills. So we were literally too good at the game.
dont buy this game until its confirmed the devs stopped being idiots. (they wont) also dont join the goon guild (ye olde detroit) in the op because it's led by once mediocre-bad and now afk leadership that 10-12 of us tried to prop up and talk into handing over the keys to active players, but never happened. having the gm be offline means ingame important poo poo like war mechanics cant be done and etc. i could go into more details about why ye olde's gm sucks but really, just imagine any previous goon guild gm of any previous mmo and you get the idea.

dont let another goon repeat the mistakes we did, friends

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 11, 2018

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Jaroslav posted:

While the game certainly has issues it is still a very fun game. Come play with us and make up your own mind.

do this when its free on steam or anything less than 30 because chances are good you will have buyers remorse instantly

VulgarandStupid posted:

For once I agree with Blazing

i dont know who you are but all your posts suck and i dont need your co-signature, bitch

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

The reasoning in forge's quote there is in fact a reason TO play, the devs dont have loving control of their own game. If you're a good con man you can convince them you didn't do poo poo in fact the guy you were loving with was cheating.

that's one way of seeing it, but imo that's the same situation with player run mmo servers. the difference is that those are free.

Pugzilla posted:

Been thinking about giving this game a go. Does Goondor need another healer/ alchemist?

healers are always welcomed, alchemy is pretty good but herbalism is always in demand. tailors are awesome, farming is extremely tedious but is always needed. basically do whichever profession you like because it will be important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

eve was NOT free and had/has poo poo for logs

eve is one of the rare exceptions to the rules of mmos. if i started believing that every mmo with bad devs would turn out like eve, id be just as dumb as alex delarge

• Locked thread