Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i love to singa

I usually do Junior's part in Move Your Feet at karaoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Simone Poodoin posted:

Great OP, OP.

I started singing lessons two weeks ago after a few years of dabbling with bass, guitar and drums. Turns out I can sing the correct pitch after listening to it very easily IF I don't think about it, if I start thinking I'll mess it up. I'm also better than expected when going upwards on a scale, but have big tone control issues when going downwards. And my tone/timbre is terrible but I'm really excited to practice and improve.

I dug up my old xbox 360 and rockband 3 to try the singing part (which I never did before) and I'm finding that on many songs I find the range awkward, on many songs I feel more comfortable singing an octave below what the actual singer is doing, but can't hit the lower notes. If I sing up then I can't hit the high notes. I guess it will come with practice but it's all really fun and interesting so far.

i had the same problem when my old band covered a Rise Against song, I found it hard to hit the same notes in Give It All's chorus, and had to improvise something that was lower but still sounded alright